Chapter 3
162 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: A hooded girl

*ring*ding*ding

The storefront bell suddenly rang as the sound could be heard easily even in the depths of the house. Well, this house was personally modified by that bastard of a father so it’s no surprise that the sounds coming from the store were audible from such a distance.

But it’s weird though, Shouldn't they see that the store itself is empty? I mean, it was just literally robbed the day before and some signs of my blood should be still in there when I checked beforehand, So why did anyone bother to enter? is it those bastards again from yesterday? are they coming to rob my place entirely this time? 

“Anyway, whoever it is. I can practice my new experimental creations on them if they happen to come in here to rob my place” and yes, You heard that right, I actually just finished crafting a new light sword with the materials I have in hand. Fully sharpened to the limits thanks to the constitution of the metal that’s been melted over a thousand times.

“All I’m missing now is a sheath, and some light armor to protect me in areas I’m not confident in” It took me a whole lot of time just to craft a single sword, but thanks to my blacksmith skills, it wasn’t too hard either. The muscle strength I had when I was a guy still remains so that’s a plus, other than that this body has an amazing amount of stamina compared to when I was still a guy. 

Even in the seriousness of the heat when I was melting in the iron in the pot, I wasn’t sweating at all. Even though 1/10 of that could be negated by the blacksmith’s passive skill <Heat Deduction 10%> so I can have an easy time, This body was resilient. Did that pill had some kind of fire resistance in it?

When I was a child, This skill was just at 1%, Only just training, and experiences that I was able to raise this passive into two digits. And that Blacksmiths hired by the royals have this at 40% and above, which is cool and all but exceeding that amount would get their clothes burnt easily. How did I know that you ask, It was because my father used some kind of weird pendant on me and was able to bring out a board like the one's inspectors use. 

“I don’t have time to worry about their clothes, they are more like sages at this point. Sigh” it could be fixed with clothes created from fire-resistant silk, but I’m not a <Weaver> class, someone who creates clothes with extreme benefits at incredibly high prices nor do I know how to make one in the first place. 

“Yes-yes coming. Welcome to this run-down, looted-by pervy old men shop. How may I help you leave?” I had my eyes closed when I opened the door that goes from the back of the house and into the cashier station, which of course had absolutely nothing.

“Um..is what you just said true?” As soon as I heard a reply, I opened my eyes. I was met with a girl around the age of 16, with slim proportions and a uniform indicating that she is a student from the Nizal Academy, a part of this city. She had a hood on her head and it was somewhat hiding her face.

“No matter how you hide your eyes, this is the truth miss. I have nothing to offer right now other than personal orders." Now that I’m leaving this place, I might as well release something I created to the outside world to make some pocket money. 

“umu, I guess so. Sorry for asking the obvious, I have come in here just as miss’s thoughts, to order a sword fitted for me” the girl gave a courteous bow and got straight to the point. This is what I like about them, no sugar coating or whatever. since the girl was quite serious in this matter, I agreed in my mind and told her to follow me since she looked quite weak and frail compared to her appearance. 

“Then please come inside and let’s talk about the order” since you may never know when or where those old men may come again, it is best to hide inside of the house to lessen suspicion.

“My name is Noelle, Nice to meet you; I heard that there was a person who worked here alone named Stell, he is a guy recommended by my father” hoh? Are you sure about that? 1 *Insert John Cena* Well, it’ll be hard explaining my current circumstances so it’ll be better to create an alias right now.

“Ahem. He was the target of the recent robbery you see? So naturally, he is much wounded right now and is in a clinic far away from here. My name is St- Estella, I’m the stand-in right now. He’s my distant cousin and we both learned from the same teacher so I can assure you that I also have the skills your father might’ve recommended too.“ Examining the girl, none of the customers I have seen before matches her facial build.

Is her father somehow connected with my father? I don’t know, but now that there is a customer in my face I won’t pass this chance away. And that, I lied that I have a cousin or something along the lines, In fact, I don’t even know if I had any relatives in the first place. I was always alone with my father before he even passed away. I have seen some friends of his, but that's all. At that time I was small, small enough to be mistaken as a girl in fact. 

The girl went an expression of ‘oohhh’ as if she had just been enlightened. Well, that is to be expected, if someone they would expect to meet were gone or had just gone into an accident or something, they would be surprised.

I had given Noelle a cup of the tea my father used to brew a long time ago and took a sip.
“So my order is supposed to create a ‘Magic Blade’ “
“Pfft” The contents that I had just drunk were spitted out in an instant from my lips upon hearing the word ‘magic blade’. Even if I say that I was Stell right now, I still wouldn't know how to create a magic blade. I was never thought of the process to make one in the first place by my father, although I have read some in the books he provided me. 

My father never taught me, nor did I want to learn how to make one. It is extremely delicate work where the user may die if not handled correctly, that is how intricate that thing is. I have heard cases of defective magic blades that almost killed their users, so I’m very much not taking the risk.

“Sorry, miss but I think if stell is here,  he wouldn’t be able to create one nor would I. “ Taking the risk factor in, it is suicidal to create a magic blade with someone who has ZERO experience in even making one. It is better to play safe as I want to explore the world still.

“But isn’t Miss Estella’s sword that she’s carrying a ‘Magic blade’? “ She pointed the Blade in my hands. 
“eh?” excuse me? This sheath-less rapier that I just made for fun is a magic blade? How come?

“Isn’t Miss Estella the one who created that one or was it just bought? Looking at the quality and the power it has, it is a top-tier sword. Even the materials look expensive”

This cheap rapier I created is a magic sword? Sure the materials may look expensive due to the extensive re-smelting and forging I have given the metals, But a magic sword? When? And how do you even clarify a magic sword in the first place?

“The sword is laden with an attribute suitable for cutting, an <Attributed magic blade>, and it's quite the strong one by the looks of how sharp the sword is”  I know that, but this normal metal a magic sword? Pish~ you must be joking right?

“I would like to order one of those, where can I get them?” this girl is really a pain in the ass, but if that’s what she wants then it’s the one I’ll give her.
“Sigh, you got me! Indeed this is a magic sword forged by yours truly, me!” enough with the doubt, let’s just trust myself and make one already then winked. Although much of it all was lies, If what she said is true then I'd better believe it. It is better to fool oneself than others. 

If the techniques I have polished up until now are considered ‘magic Sword’ then how much would one cost? Could I finally get one bird, no two birds with a stone by smelting the titanium finally and preparing enough funds for my journey? Oh, I must be quite lucky and making myself a fool at the same time. 

As soon as I told my part, the girl’s eyes were sparkling like that of a child that had gotten its very first toy. Jeez, missy, this isn’t a toy, It’s a work of art!

 

5