Chapter 6
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eden and Zavian arrived at work together, but they separated after climbing off the elevator.

Around lunch time and catching up on the work she missed out on, she went to Zavian’s office and knocked on the door.

Looking at him as she stood by the door, she asked, “Are you free for lunch?”

He shook his head with a tired smile.

She nodded and closed the door. Heading to Claude’s office, she knocked on the door and opened it. Looking at him, she smiled, “It’s lunchtime.”

He nodded his head and started packing up, “What are we having?”

“Chinese,” she answered and went back out. Bringing everything in, she went to his desk that was cleared and said, “It’s a shit ton of chow mein again.”

He nodded his head, taking the carton and chopsticks. He started eating and gazed over at her, who was eating the spring rolls already.

She looked up as she chewed and saw on his face that he had many questions to ask her.

Putting the spring roll down she said, “With the way you are staring at me, I can tell that you missed me.”

He scoffed, rolling his eyes, and looked away from her.

“Since this morning, you seem moody. Are you banned from sex again?” She asked.

Claude sighed. He continued stuffing his face. He didn’t want to say anything.

She sighed too and placed the chopsticks down. Looking at him, she said, “There’s something I want to tell you.”

He gazed at her with a raised brow, silently questioning her.

She took in a deep breath, saying, “I’m sorry for avoiding the topic. I just didn’t know how to speak to you about it.”

Claude knew in which direction was going and said, “All I want to know is if the person is good, you know I only want what is best for you Eden.”

She nodded her head and could feel that she was tearing up. She wiped her eyes, saying, “I believe he is good. And he was the one who asked me out. Never mind that we had sex. At least I got to finally experience it.”

Claude raised. A brow, “Why are you speaking as if you and Connor didn’t fuck?”

She rolled her eyes and laughed. “You know what I mean.”

He nodded his head with a sigh. “So tell me about him. What makes him good for you?”

She sat forward and said, “Why do you speak as if you don’t know? He told you already.”

Claude grumbled and started eating again. She stared at him and asked, “Why do you think he isn’t good for me?”

He slammed his hand with the chopsticks down, giving her a fright saying, “Don’t act like you don’t know. Why would you want to be with someone who fucked many women? He doesn’t even understand the concept of being transgender and what you are going through. Will he even be there when you need him or when you are breaking down?”

Eden smiled and asked, “So what if he has been around? It just means that he hasn’t found the right person to settle down with. You should point fingers for sleeping around, you did too before finding Jayla. Even if he doesn’t understand, he will when I explain it to him and I don’t mind teaching him, just like I taught you. And I already had a breakdown during sex, so he knows what to do.”

Claude sighed exhausted, “Eden I…”

“Don’t Eden me. I’m not a child anymore and I know what I want. My past relationships didn’t work out because they weren’t meant to be. I don’t know if Zavian and I will work out, but I want to try it and I can’t if you and him aren’t on good terms. Zavian is my boyfriend now and I need you to be okay with it. I can’t be in the middle of you two and have to chose whose side to be on,” she said.

They gazed at each other, and she could tell that he wasn’t happy. Claude too could tell that she wasn’t happy with him.

She stood up, saying, “I’ll be having lunch with him until you come to your senses.”

*

Eden walked into Zavian’s office and was taken aback when she saw Zaria and Zayne there. They saw she had tears in her eyes.

Zavian placed the chopsticks down, asking, “What happened?”

She shook her head as she sat down beside Zaria, answering, “It’s nothing. This always happens when I’m frustrated.”

Zavian wasn’t convinced, asking, “What’s frustrating you? You were perfectly fine before.”

She shook her head, not wanting to speak about it.

Maybe changed the topic, “Like I was saying, “I’m thinking of buying stocks from Asa Technologies.”

Zavian’s gaze flicked to him and he hummed, “I’ll look into it. Last time, dad said that the owner was a big-time gangster, but I don’t believe him.”

Zaria chuckled. She looked at Eden and said, “Now that I have some time to myself, I’ll look for a boyfriend.”

Eden looked up from the carton with a smirk, “Your father is going to kill whoever that is.”

“Oh please, if he even dares, I’ll remind him he only recently stepped into my life. He can’t want to decide for me,” she said.

Zavian kept his gaze on Eden as they spoke. It didn’t take her long before the tears and pink eyes disappeared and she was back to her happy self.

Feeling that she should be fine now, he started eating, making his siblings smile. Maybe shook his head and whispered as he leaned forward, “Since when do you worry about others?”

Zavian glared at him. “Is that any of your business?”

“I’m just asking. It’s unusual,” he said.

“What about Ilya?” He asked, annoyed.

“That’s normal, she’s you child,” he answered.

“Look at them. They look like two butches gossiping,” Zaria said to Eden.

Eden looked over and smiled. “Don’t say that.”

Zaria cocked a brow. “Oh, so now that you are screwing him, we can’t joke around?”

Eden felt so embarrassed. Zaria spoke so loud that the two males looked over. She stuffed her mouth full, mumbling, “Whatever.”

Zavian smirked, amused, and said, “Don’t tease her.”

“Oh whatever, let me love and leave you all before I get sick,” Zaria said, getting up. She placed her empty carton down on the table, but Zavian stopped her, saying, “Who the fuck is going to clean up after you?”

She side eyes Eden, saying, “Usually the secretary does, but now that she’s screwing the boss, she has privileges.”

Eden laughed, saying, “You sound so salty.”

“I am,” she said, swaying her hips left to right as she left.

Zayne got up too, “I’m leaving too, and it’s not because you two smell like you need to be left alone.”

0