chapter 34
14.8k 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 The second day of the survey is conducted with the same members as the previous day. However, there is a clear difference in their  attitude towards Leoldo.

 A few of them had changed their attitude toward Leolde to a malicious one. This was probably triggered by yesterday's incident.

 The survey team was still exploring the forest as they had the day ago . And then there was Leoldo, who was still not keeping pace with the others.

 Yesterday, nothing special was saying , but today was different. There was a knight who clucked his tongue at Leolde for slowing him down.

 Barbaroto puts his hand on his sword, but Leolde stops him.

It's okay," he said." It's not like he did anything to me. So let him be ."

"...... I understand.""

 

Barbaroto was reluctant to say anything, but since Leolde was the one who had been tongue-tied, he had no choice but to calm his anger.

 However, taking advantage of the fact that Leolde did not say anything, the knight who had spoken out of turn said something he should not have said.

"Living as , duke is nice , isn't it ..."

 Not only Barbaroto, but other knights also reacted to this. Naturally, Leolde, a member of the duke's family, also frowned at the earlier remark .

(That was a bit of an exaggeration, wasn't it? I don't care how much you abuse me personally, but I can't overlook the fact that  he is saying bad things about a duke. I'll be angry even if it makes a bad impression.

"Who  said this ? Come forward!"

 The knights, sensing that Leolde was angry, turned their heads to the knight who had said the stupid thing.

 He stood in front of the knights' gazes and strode toward the groggy knight.

"It's you, ......."

". It's not me."

"But all eyes are on you, right ?

"They're trying to trick  you ! Hey, it's not me!"

 The knight in front of Leolde claimed that it wasn't him, and was trying to pin the blame on the other knights.

 The knight in front of Leorde is trying to blame the other knights for what happened.

"'That's what you say, but what do you think?"

I  just saying what I thinks."

"What? Don't lie to me! You're all..."

"Shut up. I can't bear to hear any more  of it."

 Originally, Leolde knew who had said it. The knights' arguments were futile, as the tone of his voice already revealed that there was no point in asking him questions.

"I will tell you the crime of insulting the dukes. Barbaroto, behead this fool!"

"Yes! Leave it to me!

 . It's not a joke, the knight understood that he was serious about killing him, and begged for forgiveness.

"'Oh, please forgive me! I'm just kidding! It was just a joke--""

"You insulted my Harvest family  and it was a mere joke?

 Ha-ha-ha. This is a hilarious  thing. You are a fearless and brave man."

"Heh, heh. ......"

"But do you think I'll forgive you?"

 Nonsense. He  have said what  he should not have said.

 "You   have insulted the Harvest family, if not me, then you have insulted the Harvest family. You will pay for it with your life."

"Please spare my life ! "

 The knight, without any formality, chose to get down on his knees. It was pathetic to see him rubbing his forehead on the ground and begging for forgiveness. It was a fitting end for a fool who had made a careless remark.

"Barbaroth. Put away your sword."

"Are you sure?"

"This is enough of a threat."

"Is that so?"

Barbaroth sheathed his sword. The other knights were surprised to see him, as they had thought he was going to kill  him.

"Heh, why ......?"

 The knight who was on his knees was also taken aback by the sudden change of heart.

"Listn to me !"

 "I don't care how much you make fun of me or how much you despise me!"

 "But I will not tolerate any insults to the Harvest family!"

 Keep that in mind!"

"Yes, sir!"

 I'm not sure what to make of it, but I think it's a good idea.

Leolde shouted to the knights behind him and then turned to the knight in front of him who was on his knees.

"It's like I said before. I'm going to forgive you this time. But don't forget. There will be no next time."

 The knight, who had been on the verge of death, was glad that he had managed to survive. However, he seemed to have  hurt his back and was unable to stand up.

Seeing this, Leolde called the other knights over and ordered them to lend a shoulder to the knight who could not stand.

"Now, let's resume our investigation.

 With Leorde's words, the investigation team started walking. Barbaroto, who was walking alongside Leolde, whispered to him .

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. It is true that insulting the dukes is unacceptable, but I am the only one here. I'm sure he wasn't referring to the dukes as a whole, but to me as a complaint. I just didn't say it in the right way."

"I don't know if that's true, but I think he needs to be punished accordingly."

"Maybe a month of cleaning latrines in the barracks?"

 That's all I can think of, so I'll leave the rest to you to handle. So do what you want.""

"If you insist, Master Leolde, I'll take care of it myself."

"Don't kill  him , okay?"

"I know"

When he saw Barbaroto cowering from what he was saying, Leoldo's mouth tightened.While Barbaroto was happy, he sighed that he shouldn't overdo it.

 The investigation went smoothly, but no water source was found. In addition to Leorde, there are other people with earth attributes who are investigating, but they are not getting any results.

 As  they were about to call it quits on the second day, Leorde stopped in histracks.

"What is it, Master Leoldo?"

"...... Is this a water vein?"

"What? Are you sure?"

"We don't know yet. It's just a possibility."

"That's good enough for me! Hey, mark this place on the map."

"What?"

 Barbaroto was glad that Leolde's discovery had given him hope in time of water shortage. He was sure that this would be a great achievement.

 Barbaroto is excited to know that Leoldo has solved the problem of water shortage in Ze'at, and that the public's opinion of him will change, but unfortunately, it is difficult to change Leolde 's opinion.

 It is true that if he had solved a serious problem such as the water shortage, he would have been highly evaluated, but even if that were not the case, his past misdeeds would have left a strong negative impression.

 Therefore, more achievements are needed to change the public's perception of Leoldo. He wonder if Leolde can do it.

Note first 2 chapter were edited  ! please leave your feedback on it !  

41