Chapter 34 – Promise
104 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kermit missed his family now that he thought about them. Was it even possible to miss them, considering he was not in this world for that long. Yet, he longed to see his brothers smile with no words. His fathers yelling to work harder. Not to mention his mother's warm embrace.

Was it like this back on earth? Kermit had a hard time recalling. How did he even look? He was drawing blanks not only about himself, but his family as well back on earth.

He gazed into Izumi's black eyes. "They are great! My brother looks out for me and guides me when my dad doesn't. Although my father is a bit harsh when it comes to training, it's nice to spend time with him. And my mom, well my mom cars for us all." Kermit spoke as he could vividly recall the moments he had with each of his family members. "My uncle is a bit of a mystery, but I feel he is like my dad. Pushing us to be the best we can be, but also turning gentle when needed. And my cousin is kind of cold at times. There are these times when her and my brother argue over moments in their past and she gets a bit embarrassing about it. So, I think my family is amazing!" Kermit grinned.

Izumi was happy for Kermit, to be able to talk about his family in such a way. She could never do that. "What about the others?" Izumi asked him as he had her full attention.

Kermit shook his head. "That is all of us. The rest are... dead."

A look of shock emerged on Izumi's face before it turned to one of sadness. "Oh. I'm sorry."

Kermit placed his hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry about it. At least I'm not alone." Kermit told her.

Izumi was silent as she looked at the ground.

Kermit felt this was a bit awkward as the conversation kind of dropped. "Well, what about you? How is your family?"

"Oh." Izumi looked up and glanced at Kermit. "It is mostly just me and my mom. My dad is always out defending the clan or going away for set periods of time. I don't see him that often, but he makes sure no one ever bullies me in the clan. And my grandfather is the patriarch, but I rarely ever see him."

"What about your cousins? Do you not get along with them?" Kermit asked.

"I do... but they only play with me because of my status. The only thing we play is Pyo-shi because they don't want me to get injured. I think they are afraid of me Kermit. You're the first one to talk to me this long besides my mom and dad." Izumi told him.

Kermit felt sad for her. Was being the granddaughter of the patriarch such a bad thing? Maybe her clan was just weird. Then again, maybe his clan was odd and hers was normal.

"Don't worry, I'll always be here for you"

Hearing that, Izumi's eyes grew big. "Really? You mean it?"

Kermit laughed lightly. "Yeah."

Izumi held out her pinky. "Promise?"

Kermit wrapped his pinky around hers. "Promise."

As the two of them made their promise, they could hear the bushes moving. Something was coming their way.

Both of them instantly shot up and was ready to flee.

Yet, what came out from the bushes was not what they were expecting. It was a small wolf pup. Beautiful gray fur that was dyed red from a wound on its hind leg. The pup whimpered in pain as it limped forward.

Both kids were on guard at first, but relaxed moments after the pup emerged. Izumi rushed forward, which startled the wolf pup. Thinking she was going to harm it, the puppy started to limp away as fast as it could. However, Izumi was too fast for it.

She picked it up and it started to cry. "You poor baby, how did this happen?" Izumi asked the puppy as she looked at the wound.

'What is this puppy doing here? Are there even puppies in this place?' Kermit asked himself.

3