Chapter 43 – Teenage Danger
118 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Neja paused and following behind him so did Ai and Yuri. It was evening now, but the sun was starting to set so they knew it would be dark soon. From what they could make out the Hitare clansmen were setting up a camp not that far away from where the Narukami clan was located. Neja assumed they would go directly to the Narukami clan, but instead their path diverged.

The Hitare clan were northeast of the Narukami clan. Neja had the thought to send Yuri on her way to warn the others about the coming assault, but something in his gut was telling him now was not the time. Something felt off about this, but he was unsure what that was.

"What are they doing?" Ai asked in a hushed voice.

The Hitare clan members were not on high alert, after all, they did not know that anyone knew of their plan. The people below were very relaxed that they even allowed the children to wander off on their own.

"I'm not sure. Why come this direction? What are they waiting on?" Neja asked out loud without actually wanting a reply.

Yet, he got one. Not from Ai but Yuri, which was unexpected. "Since they came directly here without stopping, that means they have to be meeting up with someone or waiting for something. If they are waiting on someone, then it has to be the Uchiha." Yuri said.

All of them knew that the Hitare clan were working with the Uchiha, but Neja assumed they would attack separately. It would be difficult for any clan to defend from multiple sides. Attacking together would be easier to do, but the defenders would also have a much easier job. Still, that was his assumption, and the clans in this place worked differently than back where he was from.

Nodding, Neja leaned back against the tree.

"That's an option for them. So, we wait to get a good idea of what is going to happen. I'd say we should make it to the Narukami clan within the hour once they start moving, that should give you enough time to relay the message. Me and Ai will strike from the rear once the fighting begins, hopefully, Mishi catches up to us." Neja told the two women.

After he spoke he could hear the rustling of trees. Four figures flew by them and landed next to the Narukami clan members. The four new people did not seem to pick up and the Asago clan's presence, or if they did they seemed not to mind them. The four new ninja were wearing the same dark red armor, and each one had black hair.

There were three adults and one teen.

It was difficult to make out what they were saying from such a distance, but Neja had a feeling it was not anything good. "Yuri, go and inform your father and the Narukami clan of their numbers and location. We know now how many there are, hopefully, the Narukami clan has a good setup for defense. Or, they might go on the offense since they seem to be staying here for some time it seems."

Yuri nodded and flicked away. Her speed too much for the eye to track, and Neja knew she'd make it to the Narukami clan's village within minutes.

"What do you think?" Neja asked his wife, Ai.

"I'm not sure, but from how they are standing in front of the teen, he seems to be someone of importance. They are surrounding him, even as they talk to their allies." Ai said.

"Yes. The strange thing is, he gives off more of a danger than the others."

4