Chapter 2
3.8k 3 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ One week before the Queen's sorting ~

Inside Professor's Albus Dumbledores' office sit two individuals in silence, one being the ever-smiling Dumbledore himself and a young, short lady with a golden crown on her head and a sword strapped to her hip.

''Some tea?'' asks the old man finally breaking the silence between them and before the girl could answer the tea was already in front of her and of course, it was one that she doesn't like.

''You know that I don't drink fruity tea, old man''

''Ah, indeed you don't, Little Luna''

And just like that, another teacup with black tea appeared, and the previous cup now in hands of Dumbledore.

''Thanks. OLD-man'' the young Queen says, before she uses a 'Glacius' spell lightly to ice the tea, so it'd be prime for drinking and she drinks it in one gulp.

''You're welcome, Little Luna'' Professor says while still smiling but there's this rare mischievous look in his eyes.

Just as he finished saying it, the cup in the lady's hand shattered by her grip and through gritted teeth, she said ''Don't call me that, old bones, you're practically one foot in the grave. you are only allowed to call me Queen Luna''

''I will stop calling you that when you stop calling me an old man, your majesty Little Luna''

''Ugh, I hate you, I really want to wipe that smiling face of yours, but I don't hit OLD people... Okay that's not true, but I still won't hit you, I fear that you would just dust away'' She says while shaking her head lightly at the smiling Professor.

Without waiting for any kind of answer from Dumbledore she starts speaking.

''Okay, we had enough fun bantering, let's get down to business, we don't have that much time till the sorting ceremony''

''Yes, indeed, well, Litt-'' She glares at him and he stops himself from finishing ''I already imagine that you don't want to do a private sorting and want to make a whole spectacle and a speech right?''

''Is that even a question? I am a Queen, giving speeches is like half of my job'' She finishes by throwing a joking jab at her own so-called 'profession'.

''Right, so do you want to do your sorting speech tonight? Or next week?''

''What do you mean? Why next week?''

''Well you see, this year the Triwizard tournament is happening and two other schools are coming in a week, I imagine you wouldn't want them to miss your show, now would you? And yes, before you ask, one of the schools has females in it, actually, it only has females, while the other one is full of boys that you don't want'' Dumbledore finishes.

''Well, you are of course right, as you are most of the time. But if so, where will I wait for a week? I assume that you do realize I want to get out of here and sleep? And if you say I will stay in your office, I will cancel our deal right this moment, no offense... Oh who am I kidding, full offense''

''Of course, you won't stay here, I don't think I'd live through the week, way too stressful'' Dumbledore pauses to see the Queen rolling her eyes ''There's a secret room, that's disguised as a closet on the seventh floor, it's called the Room of Requirements, it shapes itself to however you wish it to be before you enter, so you will staying there for a week without leaving, wouldn't want anybody seeing the Queen before her speech, some of the elves will bring you your 'royal' meals'' Albus finishes with a sip of his still hot tea.

''Isn't that room, like...ridiculously ridiculous?''

''It might be''

''Well whatever, I guess I am staying there, what about others? If they come in the room while I am staying there''

''I don't think anybody will come there, especially at the start of the year, but if somebody does come, which I highly doubt, you can just do what your third favorite thing... Obliviating them, which I, still don't like that you do that''

''Oh, yes, of course, I do love myself some good targets to obliviate'' She says with an evil smirk and she doesn't need to hide it quickly since only the old Professor is here, but eventually, it goes back to her graceful smile that a royal would/should have.

''So... What is this tournament thingy about? And is it even worth my time to join?'' The Queen asks bored.

''It's a magical conte-'' Dumbledore gets interrupted.

''Of course, it's magical, in what place do you think you're sitting at'' She says innocently.

''As I was saying, it's a magical contest, held between three schools, Beauxbatons Academy, Durmstrang Institute and our own Hogwarts''

''Right, right, what's the deal with it, what do I have to kill to get into this thing, or during this thing, come on, get to the best part, I don't really care who's competing''

''Well, nobody would have to die for you to compete in it, you'd just throw your name on a piece of paper into the Goblet of Fire and wait for it to throw it out and see if you're 'worthy' to be a Champion''

''Me, worthy? You got to be kidding, I could mop the floor with most of your teachers, so, I am pretty sure that I am way above worthy''

''That is true, anyways, three students will be chosen, one from each school and will compete in three trials that can lead to death, if they aren't careful, for a chance to win the Triwizard cup''

''What kind of tournament only has three participants?''

''This one'' Dumbledore says without batting an eye.

''Whatever, it sounds boring anyways, a few students to beat down on, isn't really becoming of a Queen''

''Well not like you could join the tournament anyway''

''What? Why?''

''There's one thing that you can't beat and that is age, you're too young, the participants are only 17 and above''

''You're kidding me? Right?''

''No, normally it wouldn't be a rule, but the Ministry of Magic put out such a rule''

''Then why'd you waste my time with all of this boring information? You could've just said that it's above my age and be done with it, now I also had to hear it wasn't even your idea to make this boring thing even more boring. But it was these monkeys from the Ministry of Magic, of whom, almost all can't even cast a decent spell to save their own lives'' The Queen seethes mad.

''You know me, I like to talk in riddles, especially ones that would get you riled up for it's fun to watch''

The Queen glares at the old bastard, thinking, that he's right, but so god dangs annoying, before calming down.

''Indeed, So... You don't mind that I steal one of your teachers from you, do you?''

''Oh? Who are you thinking of?''

''Why would I tell you that? There's barely any to choose from anyway, so, use your headmaster's head and figure it out. If you figure it out in three months, I might give you a prize, how about that?''

''You and your random games, but okay, sure, just don't be a sore loser, when I get it right''

''Hey, I have to get some of my boredom to die down somehow, right? And now with a full week without anything to do, I think I may not even make it to my speech, for I might die from it. But yeah, don't worry, I won't be a sore loser, but I don't think you will get this one right''

''We shall see''

''Anyways, I guess I will be going, as I believe, we've talked about everything important'' She says while standing up and walking towards the exit. Before she could reach it though. Dumbledore stops her with a question.

''Have you met anybody on the train? Perhaps it was one of your 'future' wife candidates?''

The Queen stops in her track while smirking and thinking about the dreamy girl sitting alone.

''Yes, I've met a very Lovely Moon'' And with that she was gone, leaving the professor to finally finish his tea.

~ End of chapter 2 ~

99