Chapter 6
2.4k 1 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ Potions Class ~

"Today, you will be making the Girding potion, get to it," Snape says, before sitting at this table. To do his own thing.

The Queen touches her wand, that's in between her ear, she casts Muffliato again.

"Hey, Moon, just sit back and relax, this will be over very quickly. While I do the whole thing easily, you can just say something, or just do your thing. I don't mind. Any company from you is wholeheartedly welcome" The Queen says, before making the potion.

"Do you need help?" Luna asks.

"You got the Queen as your ally, there's no way I'd let you do such menial work. You can just spectate if you need to learn it, but I think, with how amazingly smart you are, you'd be able to do this just as fast as me"

"Okay, well then I am just going to look at you while you work"

"You do that"

The Queen gets to work. which isn't hard at all. She just 'Accios' all the needed ingredients closer to her and starts making it using the levitation charm.

She floats the fairy wings into the cauldron, heats it till it's the right color, floats doxy eggs, heats it again, floats the dragonfly thoraxes until the potion changes to orange. Floats one flying seahorse in heats it, adds more thoraxes, this time the potion changing to a purple, heats it, now the color is red, floats three more doxy eggs, floats thoraxes for the final time, till the color changes to a blue. Floats three more seahorses in and finally heats it. Till it turns green, thus finishing up the potion.

The Queen did it all without looking, moving, just with slight touches at her wand.

She doesn't like the smell, so she evaporates it with 'Evanesco', using it at the molecules that produce the smell. Plus, she's showing off to her Moon, who's watching her, oh so intensely.

She disables Muffliato. Looks around the classroom and what she sees disappoints her. Shaking her head. She says to Luna.

"They're quite a joke, aren't they?"

Luna still looking at her, only shrugs.

"What, you don't agree?"

She stares, rolls her eyes, and shakes her head.

"Oh, you don't, only because I am so much greater than them?"

The Moon just nods with a smile.

"Haha, well, why didn't you just say so"

The Queen looks around once more, she is still left disappointed. So she just has to... brag. She says loud enough for everybody to hear her.

"How disappointing... You're all so slow" She looks to see that everybody looking at her, she sees one boy starting to open his mouth to say something, but she shuts it down.

"You, in the back there, scraggly, with black hair, close your mouth, don't even try to speak, you'll just make a fool out of yourself"

And he does. Oh, how nice it feels when her subjects obey. It puts a smile on her face.

"I get Hufflepuff... but my own fellow Ravenclaw... how utterly pathetic. You've barely reached the halfway point, yet here I am sitting, relaxing, finished for quite a while, I had time to look around, twice and speak with my partner... You will need a lot of work if I want you to be even remotely ready to be subjects of mine" The Queen shakes her head with disappointment. Making everybody in the room mad, Ravenclaw students more than the Hufflepuff.

"Oh, don't get angry, it's just the truth, you're just slow, face the facts. But unlike every other house, they don't have me, they don't have a person to lead them, they don't have a Queen. With me? You will reach new heights, so just follow me, and well? Everything will be up to grabs" The Queen says as if it was a fact, which it was. But the Ravenclaw students didn't see it that way. All they heard was insults, nothing good...

The Queen saw that and just gave up on them... for now.

"So, Ms. Crimson, you're finished? Let me check" Says Snape, finally getting up from his seat, not even acknowledging other students.

Snape checks the potion, seeing only perfection. As it should be.

"50 points to Raven-" Snape gets cut off, by none other than the Queen.

"Don't, don't give me those points, I don't deserve it, the task was too easy, plus my house doesn't deserve it, for they are too slow and too much of a disappointment"

Snape looks at her, before nodding and trying to walk away, with Ravenclaw students even more enraged from all the verbal abuse. But before Snape could sit back. The Queen opens her pretty, vulgar, and brutal mouth, yet again.

"On the other hand... My partner deserves all of them. So how about you add 5 more to the original 50 and we'll call it a day"

The Ravenclaw students forgot their own rage from previous abuse just by hearing a student demand points like that and for an unorthodox reason. While the Hufflepuff are just as stunned, but not as mentally hurt like the others.

The Queen and Snape enter another glare battle, but none can hold a better glare than the Queen, so of course, she is the victor.

"55 points to Ravenclaw for Loo-" The Queen glares at him, this time with a murderous look "For Luna Lovegood's excellency at making potions" The Queen smiles and nods, then looks at Luna and grins, as if saying that's how it's done.

Luna just smiles and playfully pats her head, to say, you did a good job. The Queen takes the affection really well. So well in fact, that she casts the Muffliato spell just to say.

"We both, are the best"

~ In the corridor after class ~

The Luna duo, wait for everybody to walk out of the classroom, before leaving themselves, the Muffliato still active.

"So... Soulrapier, not very original, but, so like you," Luna says to the Queen.

"Heh, well it's a rapier, right? So, I added 'soul' to it, because it reaps the souls from the dead bodies that the rapier leaves in its wake. So I really like the name" The Queen answers proudly.

Moon stares at her, trying to decipher if any of that was a lie or just bravado... It wasn't. So she realized that the person before her has killed people and not just one, but multiple... But strangely enough, she's okay with it.

"Mhm... So, Hermione, eh?" Luna begins, moving past the previous topic.

The Queen stops for a moment, before continuing walking.

"You are too smart for your own good, you know that?" The Queen asks with an added compliment.

"Thank you, I am a Ravenclaw" Luna states matter-of-factly.

The Queen rolls her eyes.

"How'd you figure it out?"

"Unique? Interesting? She's a Gryffindor, that should've been a Ravenclaw, that alone should put her on your watch. But then there's the interaction yesterday. You noticed that she was one of the few to read a book during the welcoming ceremony for other schools, also giving her a free book, complimenting her passively, that she's so much better than Ron Weasley, while also putting him off and lastly, she's part of the golden trio and the brightest witch of her age"

"Impressive, you are correct... Almost"

"Oh?" Luna raises an eyebrow.

"Everything you said was right before you mentioned the golden trio, I don't care about that, Ron's a joke, Harry's a child put on the pedestal of greatness by everybody, he knows no actual hardships, he mourns parents he never even knew... how can you miss strangers, unlike you, he can't even see Thestrals, that means, their death didn't even impact him in any way, he hasn't seen death, yet the wizarding world harbors him as this beacon, this special boy when he's nothing. But hey, at least he's better than Ron, so what I am saying is, Hermione is a diamond that shines above the two lackeys she has around her. While she gets swept under the rag by the fake novelty of Harry... And Ron's just there as a mascot"

"Hm..."

"You don't agree with what I said?" The Queen asks her Moon.

"I do... Kinda, I do agree that Hermione is too good for them, but I wouldn't drag down Harry that much And Ron... Yeah he's just Ron"

"Heh, so true. Yeah, maybe I was too harsh on Harry, he is just a kid, with too much attention. I just hope he doesn't get a god complex out of it at the end. That'd be pretty bad"

"Yeah... Like you?" Luna agrees and jokingly throws out a question.

"I don't have one, I have a Queen complex, but that's because of who I am" The Queen answers her, missing the joke.

"But look at you go, such smarty pants, a secret brightest witch of her age perhaps? You already know more than half of the women I chose for future"

Luna giggles slightly.

"I think, I know the other ones too, except for one" Luna adds, liking the attention.

"Wait... what? Seriously, how?" The Queen is actually confused. With the first ones, it was pretty obvious. She outed Fleur herself, she paid attention to Hermione and she lost attention for a slight moment at the mention of Ginny's name. But she doesn't think that she gave anything else away. Her Moon is truly the greatest.

But of course, she is, she chose her after all.

"So, care to share your thoughts?" The Queen asks Luna.

"Hmm... No, I think I will keep to myself. At least for a bit"

"Hey... Don't do me like this"

"Like how?"

"Playing games with me"

"But it's fun. Games are fun"

"Uh... Okay, that is true. I can't disagree"

They stare at each other. The Queen breaks the stare first, those eyes are too much. She almost kissed the damn girl.

"Fine, you win. Keep your secrets. It's just more fun unraveling them"

Luna just nods, smiling and walking ahead of the Queen.

The last thoughts of the Queen before she follows her Moon.

She already has me wrapped around her little, soft fingers.

~ End of Chapter 6 ~

77