Chapter 7
2.3k 5 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ In the corridor ~

"So, it seems that we are having Charms now, with Gryffindor," The Queen says while looking at the schedule.

"Yep," Luna simply answers.

The Queen looks at her. Then smirks.

"So, here's your chance, go sit with Ginny"

"What? No... We can't, we already have partners and seats we sit in"

"Is that your excuse? Or are you just too scared?" The Queen continues pushing.

"It's not an excuse, it's the truth. I sit with another Gryffindor, while she sits with another Ravenclaw..." Luna looks away from the Queen.

She can feel her staring...

"Okay... I may be a little nervous to do that. But what I said previously, it was also true"

"Well, darling. You got me, so don't worry, I got this" The Queen remarks.

"I will go in there, before you. And just sit in any place I want to, no student, no teacher will tell a Queen where her rightful 'throne' is supposed to be. And so, that will throw the whole 'partner' thing off and you will have your chance. So you better not run away from it. Okay, Moon?"

"But... What if she says no?"

"That's good too then. If you aren't even going to try, then you're not going to get anywhere, with some persistency, she will give in and you will be able to talk with her easily. So go ahead try it. Instead of waiting for something that won't happen"

Luna looks at the Queen, who only smiles encouragingly. Before, nodding and adding a little 'Ok'

"Sweet, now, we do the same thing, like before. You come in 'late' I go in first and just do my thing"

"Yeah"

"And for added bonus, if she says no, I will help you, yeah it may be a little counterproductive to me, but it will help you. So it will be okay"

"You don't have to do that... But I know that saying anything, won't change your mind"

"You're right, it won't"

"So, thank you" Luna thanks the Queen, before asking a question "What's the plan for the books later?"

"Hehe, we are going to sell them, we will sit in the Great Hall, for all to see, those that will want the book, they will come to buy it"

"Do you really think it will sell?"

"Hmm... Not really, definitely not the first time, that I try to do it. But it's not because they wouldn't want to read it. But because of the morals of the people. I am thinking of selling my books every month"

"Yeah, I get what you're saying"

"I know, right? Probably no Ravenclaw will buy a single one, because they are scared of me, maybe I overdid my speech a tad bit. But there still might be a few, not all of them were scared of me, that 2nd year who asked me a question could be one of them. Then there's Slytherin... Pure nobles that didn't like me basically saying their blood means as much as horse shit, will definitely not buy it. I perceive only a few doing it. Maybe a dozen or so. The Hufflepuff... they will be too 'loyal' to betray their house to buy it, because of them thinking that I am a cheating slut, who plays with people's hearts, well they are right about the second part. So only in secret will they buy it, probably ask some of their Gryffindor friends. And my main selling point will be Gryffindor, I see almost a hundred buying it. Cause they are Gryffindor... the brave, so to show their 'macho' personalities, they will not scare easily and just buy it to prove a pointless point"

Luna just nods, agreeing to everything.

"But jokes on them. I got infinite copies of the book in my charmed bag, so they will be just spending their Galleons for nothing because they are feeble creatures who need validation that they aren't scared. In fact, I see Ron walking up to me and demanding a book, for free even. I swear, his baseless courage will be the death of the guy"

"What makes you say that he will do that?"

"Now you're just making me talk more, it's like you like my voice. Because you definitely know the answer to that question"

"Maybe. You'll never prove it though"

The Queen just shrugs at that, humoring her with the answer.

"I hurt his little, manly ego, by insinuating that he can't read, that he's way worse than Hermione, that he needs her for everything, that he's basically without skill. You could say that I said straight to his face, that he should go back home to his momma to suck on her teats"

"I wouldn't go that far, but, you are right. He will definitely walk up to you today. Hermione and Harry behind his back, Hermione will most likely say to him that there's a sign that the books are for sale only and he will ask to be given one regardless, not caring one bit what Hermione said, he will demand for a book to be given to him for free... He's quite impulsive like that" Luna adds to the Queen's insults.

"No way is he that...Idiotic?"

"Hmm?" Luna lets out a questioning sound.

"I mean if Hermione will point it out to him, will he really not care? That just doesn't sound right"

"I know that you're new to the School and that you've been given a lot of information on us... Which is not right... But that's a topic for another day. Ron Weasley is pretty much... the worst to his friends, okay, to be more accurate, he's only the worst to Hermione"

"That bad? Why is she still friends with him... In fact from the information I've got, it mentioned that Hermione was almost killed by a Troll in her first year and the only reason she was stuck in such a situation was because of Ron and his ugly and rude mouth, so how in the hell did they even become friends in the first place?"

"I, myself, don't have an answer to that question. I just hope you don't have to see him being mean to Hermione this year because I already have an idea of how 'protective' you are of your 'future' wives. You know... On the train and even in the classroom when you only got annoyed when they said something about me and especially with Professor Snape. I wouldn't want to see a dead student this year"

"I hope not either. But if Hermione doesn't wake up and go against him herself. I will do it for her, especially, if I see her cry because of him, it will be bad for him then"

A brief silence happens after that.

"So want to bet?" The Queen asks Luna.

"On what?"

"I say that Ron doesn't see the sign and asks for a book, then I tell him that he needs to buy it. And you're saying that even with Hermione's 'advice' he will do it regardless, without giving a thought to her"

"Okay... What are we betting?"

"How about, the winner decides the next date?"

Luna thinks for a bit.

"Wouldn't it be my turn anyway?"

"Perhaps, but this way, I have a chance at deciding a second date in a row"

"Yeah, okay, we can bet," Luna says shaking her head at the Queen's antics.

"Good, everybody is a winner in this situation... Except for Ron"

"You are thinking of humiliating him even more, aren't you?" Luna deadpans.

"Me? Nooo, I wouldn't do such a thing, definitely not" The Queen acts all innocent, while her true face shows just what she's thinking.

"Don't hurt him too much"

"No promises"

There's a relaxing silence, while they're making their way to the Charms classroom.

"Hmm... That rapier necklace looks really good on you, Luna" The Queen compliments looking at her Moon.

"It does? Well it is a gift from a Queen, so I imagine it would look good"

"Indeed, but the necklace pales in comparison to you, just like the Sun pales in comparison to the Moon"

"Thank you. But where are you going with this?"

"Simple, I want to teach you how to use it, So if I wasn't there, or you didn't have your wand, you could use a wandless 'Engorgio' and fight with it. Trust me, it can help"

"You... want to teach me how to swordfight?" Luna looks at The Queen questioningly.

"Fence, I would teach you how to fence, with some added tricks, how to go for weak spots and how to defend yourself, if you yourself don't want to hurt the enemy"

"I... Yeah, okay. I think that could be good, that way we would spend more time together"

"Indeed" The Queen continues walking towards the Charms classroom. While Luna is thinking."What if we also get Fleur into this? Not to be mean or assuming. But she is french... And rapiers are kinda their thing. So maybe she knows something already"

The Queen pauses then turns to face Luna and beams at her.

"You're a genius, can't believe, that I didn't think of that"

"I am glad that you like the idea"

"Like it? I love it, now I just need to get Madame Maxime's approval... Not that I need it, but whatever, to room with Fleur, and then we'd be a perfect Trio. A Queen that stands atop of everybody, with the Moon spreading light around everything, while the perfect Veela basks in the Moonlight, with the Queen in tow, looking up to the Moon"

The Queen pauses to think for a little bit

"I'd call us, The Radiant Three. Yeah, I like it. What do you think?" The Queen turns to Luna for her opinion.

"I like it, but we might need to work on the name"

"The Luminescence Trio?"

"No"

"The Brilliance Trinity?"

Luna shakes her head.

"The... Light Threesome?"

Luna chokes on her saliva, before shaking her head harsher than before.

"Hm... Team Three...St...Staaar? Because we are as awesomely beautiful as the stars in the night sky?"

Luna just shakes her head, smiling and continues walking.

"Come on, that last one was good... wasn't it?" The Queen asks with uncertainty.

"Let's leave it for the future, when the third member of our little 'trio' shows up, okay?"

"Fine... It's not easy to figure out a name for us three when we are so great. I will wait to see how both of you fail at it"

"Oh? Is the Queen hurt that her ideas didn't stick?"

"No at all" The Queen fakes her loss.

"Okay. Anyways, we are here. So, go do your thing, Queen" Luna says.

"Well, okay then" The Queen moves along while Luna stops in place "But the previous topic ain't finished, We are getting a name" The Queen adds before entering the classroom.

"Dummy..." Luna looks dreamily to the side, waiting for her turn to enter the room.

"Mhm... I like Team Three Star. But for some reason, I feel that it's not okay to call ourselves that"

~ End of Chapter 7 ~

67