50 – Sold Out
2.8k 6 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did you guys check your email?" All the residents at the hospital were talking about the competition

"Yeah, it seems like they are holding a robotic competition during the anniversary celebration," another resident responded while reading the email on their phone. "The department will pick a team to compete against each other and the winning team will head to Magic City as representative. There are also diagnostic competitions for all the residents. The best residents from each year will win free vacation days."

"I'm more excited about the mock diagnostic competition." The robotic team was determined by the department and it was unlikely that the lower-level residents would be selected. Whereas, most residents were able to participate in the diagnostic competition.

"Who do you think will win?"

"Dr. Yi for the first year, Dr. Er for the second year, and Dr. San for the third year."

"Are you guys seriously ignoring Dr. An Luchang?"

"Are you kidding? The one who thinks he's above everything?"

"No, the one on the spectrum. I think you're talking about Dr. Li Yun."

"Who are they?" Interjected another resident.

"You're an internist, so you don't hear much about them. An Luchang has ranked first for all the major exams and tests, including the robotic scores. And then there's Li Yun, he's known as the Nian of the ACS unit. One of the most annoying people you will ever come across. He will point out every little error and even talks back to the professors."

"He's considered the boss of the ACS. Funny that he's just a first year. I wonder what they are smoking over there."

As the residents continued to gossip, Doctor Wei finished his work and looked at the two residents. He was beginning to understand why everyone hated them. An Luchang was a know-it-all who made people feel inadequate and Li Yun simply made people feel like s***. It was like he knew what to say to make people feel guilty about themselves.

"Ah, whatever, another day at work, time to punch out," Dr. Wei lamented and walked away from them.

"What's his problem?" asked An Luchang as he wrote a report about his experience in the orthopedic department.

"Mild case of depression," Li Yun replied. "It happens when a person reaches a destination and has no future goals ahead of them."

"Uh..." An Luchang didn't know if Li Yun was being serious. "So, are you going to sign up for the competition?"

"Are you?"

"Yeah, just to test my skill."

"I guess so. Anyone else signing up?"

"Mi Xuan just texted. She said it's a hassle and she would rather work than take a vacation day."

"Okay, I'm heading to see Chief Gao." Li Yun walked down the hallway and headed toward Chief Gao's office within the administrator suite. The door to the office was slightly opened, so it was likely that Chief Gao was available. Without much thought, he nudged the door open.

"Why did you come in without knocking!" Chief Gao freaked out and threw a pen at the door.

Li Yun dodged the pen, and stared at Chief Gao. "Chief, your secret is safe with me."

Chief Gao cleared his throat. "I'm just practicing for my daughter."

"Sure you are," Li Yun shook away the memories of seeing Chief Gao dancing behind the table. "What idol dance moves are those? T something boys?"

Chief Gao pretended not to hear Li Yun and sat down on his task chair. "Are you here to sign up for the event?"

"Yeah, An Luchang as well."

"Sure, easy task," Chief Gao typed up an email and sent it to the administrator. "I also have something else to talk to you about. How familiar are you with the Da Vinci robot?"

"I have watched around 50 procedures and just a few simulations," Li Yun had used the machine during Chief Lim's lessons, but never on a real person.

"What about the other robotics?"

"Just a few videos on the newer robots, Tianji, Smart S, Remebot, ROSA, TiRobot ."

"You sure have a lot of time on your hands"

Li Yun didn't know how to respond, did he have to take so much abuse? Zuowang took a lot of energy.

"Well, it's good to watch and learn. Do you want to go to the New Medical Technology Symposium?"

Li Yun looked curiously at Chief Gao. "Is there something going on in Magic City?"

"Chief Zhang is going there to make some purchases."

"Is he taking over the Emergency Department?" Li Yun had heard the rumors from the nurses.

"It's not official, but it's not a secret either. In any case, I am going to recommend you and An Luchang to go with him."

Li Yun speculated on why they were recommending him.

"Don't think too much. An Luchang should have been part of the robotic team, but we felt it would be better to send him there to view other technology available. And as for you, just make some connections over there."

Li Yun nodded. If there was a place that all doctors wanted to end up, it was in Magic city. Li Yun wasn't an exception.

****

Fatty: What's up with @LiYun lately?

BuTao: What do you mean?

Fatty: He has been single for six months, which has never happened before.

Ersan: No way, you're right. Ever since high school, he has always managed to find a girlfriend after 3-4 months.

Bufu: *wink emoji*

Ju De: You know something?

Bufu: I don't know much, but maybe Old Bu knows a bit more about the girl he met at the engagement party.

BuTao: I have taken a vow of secrecy

Bufu: *giving money* gif

Ju De: *giving money under the table* gif

Ersan: *giving money over the table* gif

Fatty: *giving hugs* gif

Xuxu: you guys have too much time on your hands.

BuTao: I want money transfer first.

*Xuxu sends money via Bababa pay.*

BuTao: Thank you mistress Xuxu, money for Little Nai's college fund received.

In Qinbei's Hospital, Li Yun had just finished assisting Doctor Hao with an emergency appendectomy.

"F***, what's wrong with these people?" Li Yun cursed as he scrolled through all the chat logs. His phone rang, on the display was the culprit who was pissing him off. "What?!"

"Hello to you too," Bu Tao greeted.

"You sold me out!"

"Everyone would have known anyway. That's not important, we caught the guy on the ring finger case."

Li Yun let out a sigh. Since his embarrassing moment was already revealed, it was time to focus on something more important. "Oh, that's a relief. How did you find him?"

"Ju De went to every single library to scope out."

"He did?"

"He said he wanted a place to study, and going around different libraries wasn't too difficult. He found the guy last week. We arrested him a few days ago."

"How were you able to arrest him without any evidence?"

"Uh…. Ju De stabbed him in the hand with a pen."

"F***! What is the kid thinking?" Li Yun wasn't surprised, but still.

"Well the police got involved and we matched up his DNA to the ones in the crime scene. After we raided his apartment, we found the fingers hidden in the jewelry boxes."

"I'm assuming the prosecution will release the other suspect?" Li Yun asked.

"Yeah, he's lucky we caught the real perp."

"Since the case is solved, are you calling for a different reason?"

"Yeah, we assumed the first victim was his wife, Jin Wei. He filed a missing person report two years ago and refused to admit any involvement. The parent is requesting that we search for her remains."

"That's going to be tough."

"Yeah, the guy keeps denying he had any involvement. He has confessed to the other crimes, but we don't have any leads on his wife. I am just wondering if you can help with the interrogation? We can't really have Ju De too involved, since, you know."

"Did Ju De's family bail him out?"

"It wasn't that difficult. Ju De said he was scared for his life and it was self-defense, so his lawyer easily got him out. It's easier since the guy he attacked is a serial killer. He was barely in the holding cell for an hour."

"Figures."

75