58 – Pulse Diagnosis
2.7k 4 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Professor Shao Shan dialed a number and asked the nurse about Mr. Jiang's availability. Afterward, they headed into the VIP ward. Inside the ward, Mr. Jiang was assisted by his wife, while his secretary and his personal doctor remained by the side. It looked like Mr. Jiang was recovering well.

"Mr. Jiang, how are you doing?" Professor Shao Shen greeted the man.

"I am doing tremendously well!" Mr. Jiang replied. "Thank you doctor, you save my life!"

"You should also thank Doctor Li, he was the one that performed the miracle," Professor Shao Shen introduced the two. "This is Doctor Yi, she was the one who performed the acupuncture."

Li Yun and Yi Ansha both nodded their head as a greeting.

"Ah, I see. I saw the video clip," Mr. Jiang remarked.

Everyone had cell phones, and the videos were posted immediately on social media. It would be odd if Mr. Jiang didn't see the video. However, Mr. Jiang liked his privacy, so he had his people remove as many of the videos as possible.

"Doctor Li, I heard from my personal doctor that what you did is considered impossible," Mr. Jiang commented. "I don't know how you did it, but you have saved my life. Thank you."

"It's not a problem," Li Yun replied.

"Mr. Jiang, as you know, we recommend another procedure to prevent this from happening in the future," Professor Shao Shan explained. "I've invited Doctor Li to perform the coronary angioplasty. It will be a very similar procedure used to save your life today."

"Similar?" asked Mr. Jiang. "It's not the same?"

"The procedure that Doctor Li employed is atherectomy," Professor Shao Shan explained. "He used that method in an emergency situation because he was not sure of your allergy and history. Although it has good initial results, it does not hold up as well in the long run compared to a coronary angioplasty."

"It's also more expensive, so it would be good if I get reimbursed for 3,200 yuan," Li Yun said.

Mr. Jiang laughed. "Not a problem, it's a small number. If I have Professor Shao Shan and Doctor Li, then I am in good hands."

Mr. Jiang easily agreed to sign the consent form. His doctor told him about Professor Shao Shan's reputation, so he was more than happy with him alone. No one knew the young doctor that saved him, but the video alone had many doctors both shocked and impressed.

"Doctor Li, are you here for the New Medical Technology Symposium?" Professor Shao Shan asked as they were heading out.

Li Yun nodded. A lot of doctors were heading into the city for the symposium. "I think I saw Professor Shao Shan on the list of guest speakers," Li Yun commented. "You have been working with iExplorer?"

"I'm one of their many consultants. It's a pretty exciting field."

iExplorer was one of the domestic companies creating medical robots. Another big name was Berne Pharmaceutical.

Li Yun had used Zuowang on some robotic surgery, but he didn't like it as much as laparoscopy. He was obviously biased since he was better with using the laparoscope. Without considering his bias, using robotic surgery was better, such as allowing surgeons to have greater precision. Li Yun wondered if a gamer with surgical knowledge would be able to perform better.

"I will apologize ahead of time, you look like you are on vacation," Professor Shao Shan stated.

"Oh, it's really not a problem. I am also here for another reason, and this sort of settled it." Li Yun had wanted to test Qivi and his ability, but there were ethical reasons that made him hesitant. He had carried the atherectomy kit knowing how common and urgent blocked arteries were.

"All right, I'll settle the cooperation paperwork with your hospital, the surgery will start at 7am tomorrow."

Li Yun thanked the professor, and the two of them walked out.

"Doctor Li, are you really using the pulse in order to navigate through the artery?" asked Yi Ansha.

"Something very similar," Li Yun responded. "I've been listening to pulse patterns for a long time, so it's not that difficult to navigate."

"It's very impressive," said Yi Ansha. "Are you also able to make a diagnosis based on that ability?"

"Up until recently, I can make an educated guess, but I think I have a better grasp of illnesses and complications, especially ones that involve the cardiovascular system."

"Your diagnosis sounds more like western diagnosis," said Yi Ansha. "It's a shame that you didn't go into TCM."

"I don't want to go into TCM blind. I believe it would not be appropriate without a good master."

Yi Ansha brightened up. "So you do know the necessity of having a master-disciple learning in TCM. Do you mind if I invite my grandfather to see your surgery?"

"I'm not opposed, but your grandfather is in a village?"

"If I tell him that someone has better ability than him, he'll take the first train here," Yi Ansha explained. "It should only take him half a day."

Li Yun wondered how good her grandfather was.

"Is Miss Chu your girlfriend?" Yi Ansha wondered as they walked to the surgery.

Li Yun nodded.

"You shouldn't call her old."

Li Yun sighed. "I didn't call her old, I thought she would be my age."

Yi Ansha laughed, it seemed like they had only started dating if he didn't know how old she was. She then decided to take a cab back to her apartment.

Li Yun walked to the car where Rouxi was laughing at a video on her cellphone. That was the wonders of the 21st century mobile phone generation, they were never bored even when left alone.

"What were you watching and laughing at?" Li Yun wondered.

Rouxi showed him the video; it was a video from earlier. "They said that you're a fake and a voodoo doctor. Some of the comments are funny."

Li Yun couldn't be bothered by comments made by random strangers.

"Where is sister Ansha?" Rouxi asked.

"She left, she wanted to get a hold of her grandfather for tomorrow's surgery."

"Oh? I wanted to invite her for lunch."

"Let's not."

"Why not? She's cute."

"Not as cute as my girlfriend."

Rouxi rolled her eyes and put away her cell phone. "It looks like you're going to be busy soon, so let's tour the city today."

67