Prologue: Ride to Death
8.9k 40 219
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is early in the morning. My classmates and I were gathering near the bus station before the clock strikes nine. After that our homeroom teacher called on our names; confirming that we're all here before we board the bus, for our high school trip.

"You want some, Hoshimiya?"

As I was playing on my game console, my teacher suddenly began talking to me as he holds an open bag of potato chips out to me. Asking if I would want one.

I accepted his offer and grabbed a few from the bag.

"Thank you... Sensei..." I said to him and started munching on the snack.

"You're welcome, Hoshimiya. I am sorry though... that you have to sit with your teacher like this. I'm sure you would prefer to sit with one of your friends at least."

"It's... fine..."

I don't mind it... It's not like I have any friends in the first place. And even I were to somehow not become the odd one out among the class, I'm pretty sure I would still be playing on my game console instead of conversing with them, since I doubt I could even catch up with their conversation. Which is why, sensei... I really don't mind sitting with you. Like really... I don't... So would you please stop expressing such a concerned look on your face!? It's hard to focus on my game with you looking like a parent worried for their child. And this game requires a ton of focus for its sheer difficulty!

Ah crap, I died to the boss again! Ugh... and I was this close to beating it...

After a while, I'm not sure how much time has passed but we are currently riding the bus along the mountain road, where the scenery looks beautiful from the windows and the bottom of the cliff looks deadly from up here. Although, I'm not really concern with latter since I doubt an accident would happen on the road.

So, I returned to my game after a glance at the scenery when all of a sudden, the bus swirled out of control. Causing everyone to fly out of their seats and my console to fly out of my hands.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MY GAME!!!

I watched as the screen of my 30,000 yen console broke upon impact against the floor, while the screams of others in the bus rang into my ears. Without any time to grieve, however, the bus proceeds to crash into the railings and flew off the edge of the road; it continuously went on to roll down the side of the mountain, as panic and mayhem spread throughout the entire bus, while the back of my head gets repeatedly smashed against the window.

Am I... going to die...?

"Hoshimiya!"

Right before the bus crash at the bottom, I heard the voice of my teacher calling out my name as he reached his arm out to me and then... everything went black.

......................................................................

*drip* *drip*

Huh? Am I... still alive? Did I... somehow survive? Also, what is this wet feeling on my face? Is water dripping on my face!? Let me stay asleep for awhile longer. I just survived a bus crash!

*drip* *drip*

Argh, goddammit! Fine, I'm awake! Huh?

As I open my eyes, I find myself in a cave instead of a crash site.

Where... am I...?

Immediately as I tried to get up, I noticed something strange about my hands.

My nails... they aren't supposed to be this long and sharp. My skin too... was it always this pale in colour?

While in the middle questioning the appearance of my hands, I felt around my head and begin to notice more things.

My hair... it's black? And my ears... why are they so pointy? Not only that... but are these horns on my head!?

Panicked and uncertain on what is going on, I noticed a puddle forming on the spot where my head was lying down earlier and quickly went to it to look at my reflection.

My eyes... th-they're red... demonically red. But besides that, my face... my face is...

...It's still the same, huh?

......

Okay, what is going on? Where am I? What happened to my body?

And most importantly, where the hell are my clothes!?

Short prologue. Thanks for reading. Hope you'll like this new story of mine.

Chocolate. 🍫

219