Chapter 40. Main Character Can’t Do Everything Alone.
365 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*Click*

...

...

Kaguya has just left the room and everyone staring at me... looking at my reaction.

*Sigh*

I never even intend lying to her, system. 

I really feel so bad for Kaguya right now. 

What I should do? 

...

["...User, just chase her. Even I'm a thing that builds without able to feel I know she must be feeling so bad right now"] The system said to me.

Hmm... Yeah, it would be.

...?

Someone put her hand on my hand. I look up and saw Kaori holding my hand.

"Satoru-san. Chase her." Kaori said to me.

"Kaori..."

...

"I don't know what Shinomiya girl mad about but as a man, I think you should apologize," Erina said to me.

"Thanks.."

It seems Erina is quite the same as the original.

...

"Mmm.. As a fellow man, I have nothing to say but go for it, Satoru-san." Hachiman also followed.

...While flexing in power ranger pose.

...

"Onii-chan, saying something cool like that doesn't really fit you at all. And what's with that stupid pose." Komachi retorted.

... Put aside Hachiman's stupid pose, I see everyone thought that I should chase her.

"Thanks, everyone, I will chase her now." I said to everyone.

Everyone in this room nodded and smiling at me.

I tried to stand up but...

...!!!!

"Ouch. Ouch. Ouch." 

Just to back down immediately.

I forget I'm still in pain, damn it.

...

"Umm... Asia, excuse me but can you heal me? I forget I'm still sick here." I asked her.

...

...

Everyone staring me with a deadpanned expression.

>>>>>

I ran across this place (hospital) and after asking all the staff here, they told me to find Kaguya on the roof. 

*Dash*

I ran off the window and going to the roof, And yes Kaguya was sitting alone in the corner near steel wired fence.

"Huft."

I landed on the other side to not surprised her and walk calmly to her.

...

*Tap* *Tap*

The sky is very blue clear, such a nice day to lay down.

I arrived a meter away from Kaguya, standing and looking above.

....

"...Sorry." I said while looking at the blue sky.

Kaguya hear what I said then looking at me replied: "After lying to us, to me... through this year, you are asking of forgiveness?" 

I look at her and swallow my saliva in my mouth. I need to do this.

*Gulp*

...

"...I was never intending to do that but I had no choice. The world... real world... it is just too dangerous for everyone in the group." I explain to her.

...

*sniff* *sniff*

Then I can see tears begin coming out of her eyes.

..She is crying?

...

"Kaguya..."

"...It is frustrating you... know? To know that I... have zero chance to defeat my own rival...  all these years." Kaguya replied while tears keep pouring out of her eyes.

....!!

!!!!

I come close to her instantly, hug her, and then stroke her head. I don't know what I should do in this situation, the only way I know the best is to calm her down first. And what is the best way to calm her down than stroke her head... which is a technique I know the best.

["Nice move, user. Natural women killer."] The system said to me while chuckling.

Shut up.

...

*Stroke* *Stroke*

...

Kaguya still sobbing at my hug, buried her face in my chest... but at least she didn't reject me.

...

"I'm sorry... I'm really sorry." I muttered while stroking her head.

...

 

She didn't reply but I can feel her nodded on my chest. Holy crap, she seems didn't mad at all. Is this power of stroking?! 

Alright, I will keep doing it.

["In the end, she is still a children user. It was just children's outburst moment"] The system commented.

...

...

"I'm also serious with our rivalry within the group. This is where are you wrong. I never cheat using my ability on our academics, or anything to our rivalry. Just believe me. You just didn't give me chance to explain."  I said to her try to calm her down.

...

["Well, knowledge of past life technically cheating, user."] The system retort.

Well, I said I didn't use any ability. Past life information is never been my ability.

["Pffft. What kind of logic is that"] The system mocking me.

...

*Stroke*

...

"I don't believe it. Unless you reveal everything today." Kaguya said in my embrace.

...

...

*Stroke*

.. 

"I plan to do that with everyone. So let's go back first. I promise to do that with everyone." I said to her.

I release my hug and I can see her become red.

...

...Did she really..? Ah, there is no chance... isn't it?

["You know this is going to happen. Future Satoru. Pfft."] The system said to me.

...God damn it, past me.

...

I walk back to the room while Kaguya followed me from behind with a meek expression.

...

I don't know why but this Kaguya version looks so cute.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{3rd POV}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

....

*Click*

Satoru and Kaguya enter the room together to meet everyone again. 

...

"Welcome back, Baka-couple." Hachiman greets him first.

"That's quite scenes and bold action from you." Erina also followed.

"Awawawawa... S-Satoru-san really cool." Asia said with a red face.

"I don't care about this boy but Kaguya-sama was so cute...!!" Ai said and then she hug her mistress.

!!!

"A-Ai...!!" 

"Indeed, Kaguya-chan in a bliss looks so cute!!" Kaori also hug Kaguya followed Ai.

!!

"S-Stop it you two!!"

Three of them making such cute yuri scenes. Two blonde girls hugging a flustered black-haired girl who usually has a cold expression on her face.

Satoru enjoyed the scenes in front of him.

"Munya~"

!!!

[Sharing-]

*Plak*

!!!

"Hurt! Who dare?!"

Satoru looks to the side only to realize Akeno is the one who hit him.

"Satoru-kun, you got something to say here right? Don't get distracted" 

"Yes Ma'am!" Satoru immediately responded.

...

...

"Wait, you guys were watching us? How?" Satoru said to everyone.

"You didn't even notice me huh, Satoru. You need still a lot of practice." (???)

Iris comes out of Satoru's bed shadow.

"Iris-chan! You come back? But how?!"

!!!

From Satoru's shadow, another one of Iris's minions came out, a little shadow bee.

"How many of this little shit you put on my shadow, Iris-chan!" Satoru yelled out.

"I forget how much but at least I would be able to monitor you every time with it right?" Iris replied as it is like a natural thing to do.

"Excuse me, but I have privacy here!" Satoru replied as he facepalmed herself.

...

"It seems Satoru-kun got Iris-sama attention. I would say, her attention to Satoru-san is dangerous." Akeno said.

Everyone else in the group nodded as they are watching Satoru bickering with Iris.

...

"A-Anyway Satoru, you have promised to fulfill right? To explain everything to your friends?" Iris said as she try to change the subject.

!!!

"Ah right, let me explain what I have been hiding from you guys, assume that you guys already know the basic information of the supernatural world." Satoru explains.

From there Satoru explains the story of his life, from he lost his real parent to just lost Azazel in the Kyoto attack a few days ago.

>>>>>

"...And that's all what I have been up to now. Any question?" Satoru asked.

Kaguya is the first to raise her hand.

"..How are you still fine to experience those?" Kaguya asked with a concerned tone.

"...Uh... You didn't mad anymore?" Satoru asked as he was surprised.

"...No. I have no right to do that after all hardship you have experienced." Kaguya muttered.

Satoru take a deep breath and said "I don't know... This is something I want to know too. Perhaps I have been numbed by pain?"

Satoru then began to laugh hollowly.

...

!!

"Satoru-san. I don't know you have been suffered that much." Kaori immediately hugs Satoru.

"Thanks..."

...

Satoru embraces back Kaori. Damn, he sure does a lot of hugs today.

"...You are really the main protagonist of this world, Satoru. You got sad backstory, power to boot, and your own harem too." Iris said.

!??!

"W-What!! I'm not..!!" Kaori releases her hug as soon she heard that.

"Indeed, I can agree with that. He is like the main lead of shounen or shoujo manga." Erina followed.

"Erina-sama! I know that manga isn't a good thing for you!!" Hisako yelled out.

"Pffft." Iris shook her head.

"What is manga?" Kaguya asked her assistant.

"Something not good for you, Kaguya-sama" Ai replied.

...

"By the way, what do you mean by the protagonist of this world, Iris-sama?" Akeno asked.

"He was called something like that by our enemies leader Enosh, the multi-dimensional god. The protagonist is the character who brings the fate of the world with them,  and Satoru is the protagonist of this world." Iris explain.

"Wait a minute, so our world fate technically decides by this dufus hand too?" Kaguya asked.

"Yes." Iris replied flatly.

"Suddenly I feel this world might be doomed." Ai give her comment.

Then everyone looking at Satoru again.

...

...

"I-I will do my best." Satoru declared.

Satoru sure gets a lot of stares by people too, today.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{POV: MC}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After all of my explanation and also listening to what's happening on their side, I'm really glad that they are still alive.

Never thought Enosh would reach Akeno grandfather and control him directly.

I know the fact everyone who using Enosh's power is indirectly controlled by him.

It is the same as in the original game.

Now everyone was with Iris to learn from her so they can protect themselves better, and again, I'm alone in my bed at night.

I can't sleep at all.

...

...

System, do you think reveal my secret to my friend's group is a good idea?

["To the group of children huh? Worst idea ever."] The system replied.

...

I know right?? But I don't want to lie anymore, system. While Kaguya comforting me, I realize...

How precious they are to me. I have no family left, and the one I would call family is only them.

They are the closest people I know aside from my sister and I don't want to lose them too.

The enemy knows that they are people who I care the most outside my family and it's scared me they will use that to fight against me.

["Do whatever you like, user. As your system, I will support any decision you take."] The system said to me.

....

I have decided to reveal it later.

But after this war event.

For now, it was too dangerous for everyone.

....

....

["Good decision. Also, congratulation, user."] The system responded.

*DING*

!!!

["...You have unlocked another function of mine."] The system continues talking.

...Is this time control function?!

["No. But it is a party system. You can put anyone into your party and they are qualified to follow you traveling to another world. The basic function are :

- Message: Everyone who is at the party can send messages telepathically to each other.

- Privacy: It is also granted the party member immunity from mind-reading or any memory manipulation magic about the information of the system, permanent effect.

- Summon: As party leader, you have the privilege to summon every member of the party. It is only 3 times per day so choose wisely.

- Alert: When any party member is in a dangerous situation, another member would be notified.

That's all what I could inform to you for now."] The system explains to me.

...!!

Wow!

This would be a huge help to assist my decision to let them know you, system. And bring everyone too!

Why is this just unlocked today?!

["Because you matured again. You realize no matter strong you are, in the end, you need friends to help you in the end. World Traveling especially, much more dangerous to do alone... No matter strong you are."] The system answered me.

...

Yeah, If I got my own team to help a few days ago... Perhaps I would be able to prevent Azazel's death.

There is limited stuff I can do while alone.

...

...

Anyway, since this 'party' function is usually something on an RPG game, does it mean everyone also gets a level-up feature?

["Once again, user. I'm not ducking gamer system!"] The system yelled out.

..Lame.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{3rd POV}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The next day, Satoru currently going to visit the alliance meeting room with his sister in the new Kyoto castle, which is twice as bigger as the previous one.

Thanks to Rizevim who decimated all the buildings around the castle, flatly.

The other friend's group members can't join the meeting, as the seat is full and they had no purpose there anyway.

...

"Sis, how it is going with the protagonist guy?" Satoru asked.

"I have seen him... but don't put your hope on that guy. He is strong, but he is also perverted." Satou explained.

Satoru was confused because as far he remembers, the protagonist Kusanagi Shuuma was not a pervert.

"The state of the protagonist? Route?" 

"Development is not recorded same as your story, Onii-chan. He is kind of... blending with his ancestor now." 

"Blending?" 

"You will see it later, Onii-chan." Satou replied.

...

Satoru nodded. He is curious but they were about to join the meeting.

Iris said promise she will introduce him, the Embroche descendant.

>>>>>

They finally arrived at the front door of the meeting room. There are 2 youkai guarding the door, give their salute to Satoru.

Satoru's deed was well known to the whole of Kyoto after all.

...

Both Satou and Satoru walked in and they can see everyone already there.

"Ah, so the main guest already arrived now." Iris announces as the lead of the meeting.

Beside Iris there was a boy in his high school, his hair is red, and looking at Satoru. Satoru assume he was the protagonist of Kyuuketsuki no Libra, Kusanagi Shuuma. Or he was currently possessed by Aconite his ancestor.

...

"Sorry for being late, sensei." Satou said as she slightly bowing toward Iris.

Satoru also does the same as his sister and then begin looking around just to find a lot familiar face in this room.

...

"I never teach you to be late, my student!" Sanzaemon said to Satoru.

Nakiri Sanzaemon, Strongest Human Number 4. Strongest Chef.

Sanzaemon Nakiri

"It is not like he is a hour late, anyway. Welcome, Satoru-kun."

Dulio Gesualdo, Strongest Human Number 2. Strongest Exorcist.

"...It seems you get a lot much stronger all this year." 

Vasco Strada, Strongest Human Number 3. Former Strongest Human without any special ability.

"...Indeed. I can feel he is much stronger than Vasco-san. If he is in the same age as me, I wouldn't mind taking him as my boyfriend hahahaha!!" 

Kawakami Momoyo, Strongest Human Number 5. Strongest Martial Artist Woman.

Kawakami Momoyo

"Well, Momoyo. He is too young for you, how about you take one from your own group and let me have him?"

Kuki Ageha, Strongest Human Number 6. Strongest Business Woman.

Kuki Ageha

"Hahahaha Azazel's son really become harem protagonist as he was told me in the club!!"

Odin, God. Leader of Norse Pantheon.

"Hmm. I honestly impressed this boy has such strength at this age." 

Zeuz, God. Leader of Greek Pantheon.

"Anyway, let's just start the meeting. It seems all people required already here."

Amaterasu, God. Leader of Shinto Pantheon.

"I didn't see any people from Devil faction though."

Michael, Archangel. Leader of Heaven Faction.

"Sirzech said he was going to be late as they recently have some internal conflict within his faction." Amaterasu replied.

...

"Umm... I haven't seen the rest of the top 10 strongest humans, or someone who acts as representative from the fallen." Satoru said as he raise his hand.

"Go sit first, Satoru-san. The others.. well, we can't contact them and even it has been confirmed that Azai Gonzou is on the opposition side. For the fallen angel representative, you will be the one who did. It has been decided by your faction you will act as their leader at the moment too by the way." Yasaka said to me.

...

"What?" Satoru responded with a dumbfounded expression.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

["Boring meeting incoming. I wish user doesn't go fall asleep."] The system monologues as he ends the chapter.

Another half-decent chapter incoming 2700 words. I wish I could write more but I will save it for the next chapter.

I have rewritten this chapter a lot and decide fk it, I will just go like this.

I didn't put much detail when mc tell his friends, just because I don't like to write it.

Also yes, I put characters from majikoi too! They won't be heroine for mc though. I set their age 6 years older than mc but some exceptions may happen later.

Summary :

- Satoru uses stroke. It is effective even against Kaguya!

- Satoru unlocked the party system. This will be used for world travel later.

- Introduction some of the top 10 strongest humans in this main world. Satoru becomes the temporary leader of the fallen angel.

The next chapter obviously will be about the meeting, war situation, plan, and Ravel's situation because you guys ask for her to suffer (lmao).

No editor. Just tell me if there is something wrong with this chapter. Quite busy playing pokemon unite this week lmao.

 

9