6 – The Cursed Story Tag
2k 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

unedited banner

“Listen! I’m only looking for Level 5 players! If you don’t meet the requirements, don’t even try it!”

The people gathered there made their disagreement be heard. “Why are you gatekeeping who can join?”

“Yeah! If that dungeon is full of treasures, why are you hoarding it all for yourself?”

The tall man in front of the crowd puffed his chest and spoke in a deep voice. “Are you guys even hearing yourself?! Why should we share the spoils with you?! Look at you! Some are still Level 2, for christ’s sake! If this new world is not for you, you can find a job that doesn’t involve fighting! I bet that we’ll need people that can clean toilets pretty soon!”

When I got in the front row, I could finally distinguish what made him different from the others. He was level 6.

“Where is that dungeon?” I asked joyfully, raising a hand.

The man first checked my equipment from head to toe before looking at my level. He smirked and nodded at me. “In the north, two hours away from here. You should join us. We’ll split the rewards based on your contribution to the team.”

“I’m in!” I stepped forward, as I could feel the people around staring at me... And my sixth sense told me that more than one was staring at my butt. “Should we go now?”

“Sure. You’re the only one here who’s worthy. Come, let’s meet the others.” He glared at the rest as he turned around.

I gestured a ‘sorry guys, maybe later’ to them, who dispersed while cursing.

“I’m Charles. What’s your name, friend?” he asked in a gruff voice. He was of black skin, with an overgrown beard and fine musculature. The total opposite of me. His sturdy back reminded me of the guy in front of me before entering the cryo-chambers. You know, Chapter 1.

“Nice to meet you, Charlie. I’m Taylor.”

“Charlie, huh,” he muttered before laughing out loud. “Alright, you can call me that. But only you.” His grin then disappeared, frowning. “Can you believe it? Those jackasses think they can get everything without effort.”

“Yeah, what a bunch of losers!”

He nodded at me. “It’s good to see that you already know your way around. These people don’t understand that we’re not on Earth anymore. This is a new beginning. A test, may I say.”

I tilted my head, perplexed. “What do you mean?”

“Don’t you see it? Rich people, politicians, workers. We all come from different backgrounds. But here…” He stopped and put his fists on his hips to stress the importance of his preaching. “We’re all starting from zero. It doesn’t matter if you were a millionaire back on Earth. Here, you’ll have to work your ass off if you want to get to the top. This whole thing, ‘The Novus’, is a test. I can feel it. Wait, no. I can guarantee it. Why make it a game otherwise?”

“A test,” I muttered, thinking it through. Even if he was right, it didn’t matter to me. I just wanted to look beautiful. My silence must have gone on for a bit too long because I noticed he was looking expectantly at me. I grinned innocently. “I’m sorry, Charlie, but I don’t know what to say.”

“You don’t need to. Just keep it in mind from now on. Live your life as of now, and you’ll do just fine.”

He resumed his walk and entered a restaurant I hadn’t seen before. Thinking about it, I hadn’t been to that area of the town at all. 

As I followed him, a female NPC welcomed us.

“Welcome to The Bronze Fork. Table for two?”

“There must be people already waiting for me,” Charlie said without glancing at the servant. He scoped the room until finding a hand waving at him.

"Charles!" a more slender young man called from a table, where others were already waiting.

As I strolled toward them, I noticed a couple of familiar faces. "You have to be kidding me…"

Steve glanced at me for a couple of seconds before pretending to be busy checking his User Interface, and Grace glared at me. I could feel her ball-kicking bloodlust from my place.

"Guys, this is our last member," Charlie announced, grabbing my shoulder. "She's Taylor. Be nice to her."

"Hi, Taylor. I'm Dan," the skinny guy said, before checking out my body.

"Nice to meet you, Taylor, I'm Russell. Welcome to the team." A chubby but cute guy smiled at me.

Steve gulped his glass of water before noticing it was his turn. "I-I'm Steve."

Now the attention was on Grace, who was pursing her lips in an attempt not to scream or something. "Taylor, hi! Where have you been?" she suddenly beamed, which didn't surprise me in the slightest.

"Do you know each other?" Charlie asked me, but Grace answered first.

"Of course we do! She's the reason I reached level 5! Come, sit with me." She tapped the chair beside her as the others deviated her attention to Charlie.

"Good! Listen up people, let's strategize before doing this."

“Wait,” Dan interrupted. “We should place our orders first. We’ve been waiting for you for half an hour, you know?”

“You’re right,” Charlie said, taking a seat. “Order something to eat, people. We still have plenty of time before the sun sets.”

My seat was just between the two people who had entered my new virtual life, for better or worse.

“Nice new outfit,” the bitch who could not take no for an answer whispered to me, with a wicked grin on her face.

“Thanks.” When I took a seat, I accidentally elbowed Steve, who was sitting on my left. “S-sorry.”

“It’s okay,” the guy who first rejected me for being who I am and then changed his mind, muttered, without looking at me, which kind of hurt me a little.

Just a little…

“What should we get, Taylor?” Grace asked, leaning towards my direction. “I have an idea! Let’s get different dishes so we can share with each other. What do you say?”

“Are you seriously going to pretend that we’re cool now?” I whispered, after peeking at the others. “Just like that?”

Grace remained silent for a moment, turning her fake smile into a grimace. “You know…” she started saying, as I could feel her hand reaching my thigh. “These guys have also killed that monster called Weasenox. So I found out what the real reward for defeating it was.”

Oh, shit…

My mouth remained ajar as I stared right into her eyes. “Sorry, but you were the one who tagged along, remember? I was the one who started it, so you can’t ask for the rest of the spoils.”

“You’re right,” she whispered, as her hand reached my crotch. “...And yet you still owe me for sucking your thingy.” Her hand, which just a moment ago was soft and warm, suddenly turned into a predator’s claw. I wanted to gasp, but I didn’t want to get the attention of the others. The skinsuit I was wearing let her nails pierce my balls with ease. It was painful and kind of pleasurable in a very twisted way. “Oh, look, they serve salad here!” she beamed, pushing the virtual window in front of me, showing me the restaurant’s menu.

As she tightened her grip under the table, I could feel that she was also taking my breath away.

“Miss Grace…” I whispered to her, prompting her to smile, satisfied.

“So you remember your place...” She let me go, after making sure that she had given me a hard-on.

That... Wasn’t so bad…

“Have you decided what to order, Taylor?” Charlie asked in a business-like tone of voice.

“Um, sorry, I’m not hungry. I had already taken my breakfast.”

“Doesn’t matter. In this virtual world, you can overeat and it will get stored as extra stamina. Don’t be shy, none of us will judge you for it. Right, guys?”

“The food in this place is better than what the street vendors sell, Taylor. I guarantee it,” Russell said, winking at me.

“Okay...” I half-smiled. “I’ll take your advice then...”

Once I opened the restaurant’s menu with the push of a button on the table, I gasped.

The food here cost triple as usual...

30 gold for a dish... That’s what I was saving for tomorrow’s three meals!

“Fine,” I said to myself, ordering lasagna. I just hope that this dungeon is worth it.

“Just because we’re on a team doesn’t mean we won’t be competing for the rewards,” Steve suddenly whispered to me. “I’ll get those 1000 gold, just you wait.”

When I turned to him, his eyes were already locked on his menu. I then turned to Grace, who smirked at me once she noticed my gaze.

W-what was happening?

Don’t tell me that…

No… It can’t be…

Was this… the fabled ‘Smut Curse’?

The curse dictating that if an adventure has the Smug tag on it, all kinds of crazy, sexual situations will happen to its protagonist?!

To ME?!

I just want to know something first… There’s no such thing as STDs in this Virtual World, right?

....Right?!

 

For those who had not noticed it... Yes... This story has the Fourth Wall tag...

Announcement

 

taylor like and subscribe banner

 

23