23 – END OF VOLUME 1 & EPILOGUE
825 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

unedited banner

 

 

I checked the hour: 9:29.

Also, Grace messaged me:

 

Good morning, Eternal Beater! We’ll be waiting for you at the Townhall!

 

I closed the message and went directly to the weapon shop, where the female NPC greeted me as if she hadn’t seen me in ages.

After browsing the blades for a minute, I shook my head. “Don’t you have those big-ass anime swords?”

Yep. I was in the mood to learn how to fight with one of those.

“I’m sorry, miss, but claymore-styled swords are a high-ranking weapon. You won’t find it here in the Beginner's area.”

It surprised me that she understood what I wanted.

Buying another hammer? Boring! I wanted to try different fighting styles until I found THE ONE.

I glanced at the items on display again, feeling dread.

Argh! Why was I looking for oversized weapons? It would be like using my hammer all over again! Was I really that afraid of change? ME?!

In that case, I needed something completely different. Something so out of my comfort zone that I…

My eyes locked with a familiar staff… It was the same Grace used.

Maybe I shouldn’t have sold that book, just the info…

Wait, no. Those guys wouldn’t have bought just my tips and strategies. The book ended up being a placebo, so they didn’t feel cheated by paying for someone else’s words.

“How much will it cost me to learn magic?” I asked.

“Elemental Magic?” The NPC smiled, changing the contents of a display beside her. The mannequin changed its clothes for a purple cape, a white shirt and a knee-height skirt. A cute witch hat accompanied the outfit. I only recognized the robe Grace used to wear.

So, she wasn’t using a complete set, huh.

Maybe because she had other priorities, like buying lingerie, and she didn’t know about the Secret Hunting Quests. But she surely is lucky. Although she was wearing less protection than me, she managed to survive all that Dylak’s mayhem.

Just because I saved her huge, round, beautiful butt so many times…

Maybe being a mage was the equivalent of being a mistress in distress… Capable of burning a mansion.

“These items grant you a Spirit bonus when used together, miss,” the NPC said, eager to make a sale.

“Spirit? What’s that?”

“The stat that rules over magic.”

Would I have to forget all I know about Vitality then? That’s what gives strength and durability, right?

Oh, jeez… The mage set cost 150, just like the ‘hunter’ gear I was wearing. Did I really want to start all over again?

After remembering who was waiting for me at the Townhall, I pursed my lips.

“Can I sell you my hunter set?”

“Sure,” the NPC grinned. “30 gold for everything.”

“F-fine… Cheapass…”

A minute later, I swapped my Leather Gauntlets for Mage Apprentice Bracelets. My Leather Faulds for the Knee-height skirt. The Ninja Skinsuit for the White Shirt. The Red Leather Jacket for the Apprentice's Cape. And finally, my knee-height boots, for a pair of t-strap mid-heeled shoes.

The outfit didn’t have stockings, but I had a pair in reserve… Oh, wait, they’re ripped. Although… They made me look dangerous… Go, girl!

I’ll save the precious lace stockings with garter belt Grace gifted me for the spicy chap—I mean moments.

“Oh, my sweet cuteness, yesss…” I whispered, looking at my reflection. “Wait, where is the staff?”

“It cost 100 gold, miss.”

“What? Is it not included with the set?!”

Wait, no, she was right. When I bought the hunter set, it didn’t include a weapon.

Too late to be cheap now, I guess.

 

* * *

 

Grace: Taylor? Where are you?! Come here already so we can get lunch. I’m starving!

 

I swiped the message out of my field of vision and kept strolling forward until I could see the two standing outside the white building, looking at their surroundings.

Looking for Taylor.

I passed them by, and they didn’t notice. I didn’t even have to lower my head or hide my face beneath the mage’s hat. I just continued walking without looking back.

In the next couple of hours, I had to delete them from my Friend List to stop receiving their messages. The last one I skimmed said: ‘Did I make you upset?’

You did nothing bad, Grace. Steve either.

Believe me.

 

* * *

**

*

 

“Come on! Do something cool!” I pleaded to my staff, but only a fist-size ball of fire emerged from it, and it didn’t even hit my target!

When the large quadrupled blue insect charged at me, trying to impale me with its horn, I dodged it with ease and performed a guillotine kick, crushing its head.

“What’s the matter with you? Can’t you be still for a minute while I figure out how this works?! ARGH!”

“I’ve seen a lot of apprentice mages during my time here, but it’s the first time that I’ve seen one using their legs like that!” someone said behind me, while laughing out loud.

It was a sonorous, mocking, somehow captivating laugh.

Turning around, I found a blond guy jumping down from a tree, and with long strides, closed the gap between us with ease. He was so tall that I had to crane my neck to glance at his smirk.

“I wouldn’t mind giving you a few magic lessons. For a fee,” he said, giving me a glimpse of his hazel eyes.

Even though he looked handsome, I turned around and walked away. “Mind your own business! I’m new at this, okay? We all are! I’ll learn on my own!”

After a long afternoon practicing ‘crafting’, which is the Novus term for creating elemental magic, I didn’t have the patience to deal with anyone. So I tried to imitate his strides to get away from him, but my shortie legs weren’t made for that.

“Wait, cutie!” he called. “You don’t have to pay me with gold! Do you have something to eat?”

“Where’s your staff?” I asked, turning towards him, making him halt.

“I sold it,” he blurted, half-smiling.

“Huh?! What makes you think you can teach me th--?”

I remained silent at the sight of a red aura surrounding his arm.

“Minor… That’s the Word of Power that dictates how much Mana I’m going to use,he explained, stretching out. A magic circle then appeared across his forearm. “Fire… That’s the element I want to use… Now, Crafting…” A second circle surrounded his wrist. “This tells the System that I want to use pyromancy. And finally… Flare.” A third circle appeared on his palm, from where a ball of fire escaped, hitting one of the insects 100 feet away from us. “That was the name of the spell I used.”

“How did you do that without a staff?”

He shrugged. “The staff helps you channel, but once you get the feel, you can do it without one. Although if you’re serious about being an elemental witch, getting rid of the staff it’s a bad idea. It amplifies the spell, you know?” He frowned. “No one read the tutorials?”

I raised my eyebrows while pouting my lips. “I have a bag of churros.”

“Oh, something sweet! Gimme.” He started munching as soon as I handed them. “Are you trying a new class?”

“What gave me away? Well, besides my lame demonstrations of magic?”

“You wouldn’t be level 7 without knowing how to fight first.” He chuckled and drew a knife out of his belt. “I’m a failed mage, trying to be a rogue now.”

“Neat.”

After staring at each other’s eyes, we glanced at the sunset. “You know,” he said, “this area is pretty dangerous. It’s full of monsters and other Users that are up to no good.”

I sneered. “What guarantees me you’re not one of them?”

“I can show you.” He reached out to me. “Can you lend me your hand, please?”

I did while giving him a funny look. He raised my hand, smirking, before making me twirl as a ballerina. He then made me lean back while holding me from the waist. All of that caught me off guard and I was about to punch his smug face, but something in his eyes made me giggle instead.

“What was that for?” I asked. “Does this prove you have no ill intentions?”

“It didn’t?” He let me go and started strolling towards the woods, hands inside his black coat pockets.

W-who was this guy?!

I’d like to say that he was trying too hard to catch my attention, but… Nope. I won’t say it!

“Fine, you won!” I said, following him.

“My camp is near. We can rest there. Unless you’re used to sleeping in soft beds and fluffy pillows.”

“Well, it’s too late to run back to Unus Town,” I said, trying to maintain his pace. “So, do you have a name? Or should I call you Mister Churro?”

He chuckled. “I’m Michael. How about you, ‘Miss Mage, whose favorite spell is kicking’?”

“I’m Tania!”

While I grinned at him, he…

Hmm?

W-what?

Why are you guys frowning at me?

 

 

 

 

* EPILOGUE *

 

Ah! Such fond memories…

My first Novus days… Learning how to fight. Meeting my first friends here. Beating the first dungeon, and finally, leaving the Beginner’s area to potentially reach new heights.

What’s that dripping sound? Ignore it. I’m taking a leak. Let’s continue.

Not all what happened later are good memories. Life can’t be that merciful. But if you ask me, everything forms you and makes you stronger.

Excuse me, I have to clean myself… There you go.

After taking care of urgent business, I stood up and put on my black lacy panties, pulled down my black leather miniskirt, and stepped out of the bathroom stall.

As I walk towards the sinks, the mirror’s reflection shows me a lovely view of a pair of fabulous, round, squishable breasts. That waist I’m admiring looks wasp-like, and those heart-shaped hips seemed eager to dance and attract gazes. Yes, for a strange reason, the mirror in front of me is showing me a princess with long, beautiful silky hair and a smirk that melts hearts.

How odd.

Well, let me wash my hands and open my User Interface to navigate through my diverse selection of makeup options. I’m kidding. I’m already perfect to go! The princess with red, kissable lips winks at me before I leave the restroom.

Although the restaurant was at its full capacity, I could stroll to my table with ease. On my way there, I received flattering gazes from men and glares from their partners. Oh, well. You can’t like everyone.

From my seat on the first floor, I could see the whole establishment and the big screen showing a countdown.

Just in time, I suppose. My date is late, though.

Checking my messages, he wrote that he’ll arrive in a minute… That was half an hour ago.

Whatever. While resting my chin in one hand, I waited for the show to start.

The people below started counting: “Seven, six, five!”

Happy New Year to me, I guess. Or technically, Happy Second Novus Anniversary.

An NPC offers me more wine while I keep waiting for that guy to show up, ignoring the streaming commentators that they have a special announcement.

 

“To celebrate The Novus’ Second Anniversary, we have a very special guest!”

 

Yeah, yeah. Last time was the same. Don’t misunderstand me, last year's news was tremendous! Game changing. But this year, unless they announce this ship has finally found a habitable planet, I don’t…

 

“Can’t you see that I’m behind you?

I never left your side...

Waiting, longing, counting the hours…

For you to return!”

 

Wait… What is that? 

Original music? Here in The Novus?

“Sorry for coming late, princess. I couldn’t--”

“SHH!” I hissed at my partner without glancing at him, while staring at the big projection in front of us.

Even the people below remained silent, hypnotized by what we were seeing.

 

Feeling this burning desire…

Wanting to tell you how I've been.

While you roam the stars, I’m here, bound to paradise!

 

The woman from that stream was wearing a purple, pompous dress that showed animated constellations. It looked so out of place with what the Novus’ fashion could offer, and yet… It looked so natural. Even her hair was asking too much. It was pink, and it sparkled as if it had stardust.

“‘The magical debut of Miss Cosmica’?” my partner said aloud, reading the banner below her. “So, what? Is she pretending to be an idol?”

“What did you say?” I asked, frowning.

“I asked if she’s trying to be an idol. Remember those?”

My mind brought me back to my pre-teen years, when Earth still had entertainment. A young woman with platinum hair, dancing and singing while looking as if she was having a blast, crawled back from whatever deep corner of my brain was being captive.

That artist was my everything back then…

The reason I decided to finally cross-dress…

And now? Six real-life years and two digital ones later, this fairy-like creature emerges from who-know-where… In this freaking world controlled by the most powerful and wealthy…

As if that artist from many years ago was reincarnated here and given a second chance and didn’t care how much gold we had or how high our level was…

 

I just know that it’s not the same without you!

My he-aa-art goes boom-boom when you’re not arooound! 

My he-aa-art goes room-room, ‘cause you’re not arooound! So don’t leave!

 

“Hey…”

“What is it, princess?”

“I want to look just like her…”

He chuckled. “What are you saying, princess? You’re more beautiful than that chick.”

“No, you don’t understand…” I looked my partner in the eyes, and pursed my lips, before shouting out loud: “I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO!”

END OF ARC 1

 

 

First of all, thanks to all my readers for enduring my bad english!

This is just the end of Volume 1, so we'll keep seeing Tay---I mean Tania, grow as a warrior and a woman.

Special thanks to the readers, members of the LGBT+, that helped me shape Taylor.

And... what's next?

Volume 2 will start just where this one ended before the epilogue.

That future busty, model-like protagonist is still far, far away.

So expect to see our still flat-chested Tania learn magic, accompanied by this misterious guy, Michael.

For those interested in getting the official release, let me tell you what you can expect:

The official Ebook will be fully edited and corrected.

I will expand some scenes, fix some pacing issues and transitions, and finally... I may end up writing additional smut. I have two scenes in mind right now. We'll see.

And with an official release comes commisioned artwork and a new cover. I already have an artist in mind, but let's hope that they are available.

And don't worry, you won't have to wait too long to read the beginning of Volume 2. Give me at least a week to prepare myself.

If you liked this series, consider leaving a review, and giving a precious 5 stars. 

See you in a few days and thanks for reading the entirety of Volume 1!

 

 

taylor like and subscribe banner

 

 

13