Chapter 2 – There was a time when I thought gods were omnipotent
1.8k 16 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before I could open the door in front of me, I start to hear a voice coming out from behind it, it was as if something distorted was laughing.

"I wonder if there's anyone besides me here. Finally!" I say this while striking a cute celebratory pose, I still haven't gotten used to this body....

Anyway, putting my excitement aside, the problem is how to open this door. I could just cast some magic like I did with the goblins but I am afraid of hurting the being behind the door.

"Hmm... What if I just push?" By now I've figured out that I have the same powers as my character so I can probably use the same buffs, right?

I hold the staff more firmly in my hand and start chanting an enhancement magic:

"BOOST!!!" Just like last time I feel as if something is inside my small body however this time it is passing through all my flesh frantically.

"Ohh I feel so much lighter" I start running everywhere like an Olympic runner and jump twice as far as my body.

"Okay, okay, I have to stay focused!" I say this as I stop and lightly tap my fluffy cheeks.

I put a little strength in my hand and place it on the wood of the door and push it open.

Boom! The giant door opens in the blink of an eye.

Shit, did I hurt the person who was there?

"Is there someone here? Did I hurt you?" I say that while trying to find someone in the room.

"Hahaha what a shame child" "I'm going to start my revenge starting with you! Get ready!" Before I know it a creature comes flying at me with a sword.

I dodge every attack it gives trying not to hurt it. Up close the creature looks like a big fat humanoid frog holding a huge sword, this is certainly not something you see every day.

The toad (?) keeps trying to hit me with that dangerous sword as I keep dodging it, each time he swings the sword I take a small step out of range of the blade.

After getting tired of playing around for a few dozen seconds I give a backward thrust.

"Hey, couldn't we talk? You know it's been a while since I've met anyone here, so it's not like we have to fight, right?"

"Don't underestimate me, young lady!" "This aura, this uselessly human-like body, I'm sure you're one of them. A mere dog of those damn gods won't fool me!" Said the frog while pointing that sword at me.

Hey, what a rude thing to say to an (apparent) girl. Jokes aside, this is not good, it doesn't look like this guy is going to listen to me.

I make another push, but this time towards the frog. Putting my hand on his forearm I immobilize him and take the sword from his hands.

"Don't think that just by taking out my weapon you can defeat me!" The toad then clenches his fist and tries to punch me, the force was great enough that the punch generated a wind in my direction.

I just catch his fist with my hand and squeeze, causing his hand to become bloody with his own blood.

"Like I said before I don't want to fight, I just want to talk to you" I say this while trying to put on a more serious face.

Apparently it worked since he made a "gihii" sound with his mouth while making a scared expression.

"Kuhh, just kill me" Says the frog pointing that he has already given up the fight.

Are you by any chance a knight captured by an orc?

"I'm not hostile, see" I put the sword I picked up from him on the ground and put my hands up.

"Just relax and sit down" I say this sitting down on the ground.

The frog also sits down crossing his green legs on the ground.

"First of all, I think it is important that we both introduce ourselves. My name is Medaka, Medaka Ainvel. What is your name?"

"I have no name young mercenary, however I was always called evil god"

"Hmm it would be boring to call you that all the time" "I will call you Mister Frog from now on!" I say this pointing to Mister Frog in front of me.

Mister Frog looks at me with a face like I am the murderer of his fathers. Hey, I heard that slap of the tongue!

"Anyway, you're making some misunderstandings, I'm not a mercenary, I don't even have any relation with those gods you talk so much about"

It is quite problematic when someone makes nonsensical assumptions. After I resigned I decided that I will never have someone commanding me or deciding my course again.

"You're right, someone who can control me so well in a fight can't be under the control of mere gods" said Mister Frog with a strange conviction.

I feel that the misunderstanding is going even deeper but better to worry about that later.

After that I started to question him about who he was, what world is this and who are these "gods" he talks so much about.

Summarizing the story: This world is called Azriel, from the description Mister Frog gave me it doesn't seem to be much different from a world of swords and magic, having about 2 known continents.

About Mister Frog himself, he was once the king of a certain country with several different races coexisting, mainly races considered "monsters" by humans, but he was not only a king but also an excellent warrior.

After several conquests, both economic and military, Mister Frog died in his sleep, living a full life knowing that his desire to create a nation for his brothers was successful.

When Mister Frog died he didn't just go to heaven or hell, but was reborn as a god. Mister Frog began to be worshipped by the citizens of his country and everything was going well until then.

However, according to him the gods, and especially the holy church, began to fear the increasing strength of the nation of monsters and of Mister Frog himself, fearing that they might be succumbed by those they had oppressed before.

The church with the oracle of the gods decided that the best way to deal with the issue was to invoke three heroes to save the world from Mister Frog.

So the church summoned three heroes from another world to defeat what they called the "Evil God".

For 2 years Mister frog and his country tried relentlessly to survive but in the end they could not hold out and much of the population was massacred.

In the final battle Mister Frog was furious and lamenting his dead citizens, and managed to kill one of the heroes, but was eventually defeated by the other two.

Tormented by not being able to take revenge, Mister Frog was sealed by the church in the depths of this cave.

Accumulating energy and mana so that one day he could return, Mister Frog forgot his name, but never his country or the reason for his anger.


After that I told him about why I was in this forest too and how I ended up here.

"I see, I have never heard of anything like this other than the summoning of heroes but if it is in a human settlement there must be more information" Says Mr Frog as he puts his hand on what appears to be his chin.

"Well, it's not like I'm desperate to get back. I'm probably dead in my original world so I better enjoy it since I've earned a second chance" As I say this I stand up and stretch my small body.

"Anyway, what are you going to do from now on? Do you still want to take revenge on the gods and the church?"

"No, our fight showed me that I still have a lot to learn before I can do anything, besides it's been thousands of years since that war" Says Mister Frog also lifting his big body.

"So..." Mister Frog bends down in front of me again leaning his face on the ground and says something unbelievable:

"PLEASE MAKE ME YOUR SUBORDINATE!!!"

"Okay but stand up, it's embarrassing to see someone stooping down like that " I say without even blinking.

"That easy?!" Says Mister Frog making a slight comedy section. He's gotten a lot friendlier after our conversation.

"It's not like I have anyone to talk to so far and it's much better to travel in two right?" I say that helping Mister Frog up.

"So Meda- I mean, Master could you make a pact with me?"

"Pact?" I speak tilting my head a little.

"Yes, to swear my loyalty to Master it is much better to make a pact, don't worry, if you want you can renounce whenever you want" Mr frog says with a serious face.

"Ok and how do I make this pact?"

"It's simple just give me a drop of your blood"

I then take the sword that Mister frog used in our fight and use the tip of the sword to pierce my little finger.

Mister Frog sticks his frog tongue out at my finger and swallows the blood.

Less than a second after that a light begins to appear around Mister Frog and then the silhouette of that big toad gets smaller and smaller than me.

As soon as the light dissipates a naked girl with black hair appears.

"It's a pleasure to work with you, Master!" Says the girl with a dazzling smile on her face.

Hi guys, thank you very much for reading this novel so far. As you can see it's not very elaborate or deep, just a wish fulfillment but I enjoy writing it so I hope you enjoy it.

64