Chapter 9 part 2
633 9 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Why are you in a hurry Batman? Look I even brought pizza for you. " a voice coming from the landing. 

‘How the hell did I not feel his presence?’ Everyone thought at the same time.

The person stood up from the landing's roof with a slice of pizza in his hand. His hair was pitch black, just like his eyes which seemed to be able to pierce the soul of others. For the first time, Batman and his clan felt naked in front of the man. He was a 6 foot, lean guy that much Batman and everyone present there could tell by just seeing him. He looked relaxed but was ready to fight at any given moment. The man was wearing a Batman logo grey colored T-shirt with a black jacket, with black tight jeans, and the shoes that were all Batman themed. If someone else were to see him they would think that he was a fan of Batman, but Batman knew that couldn’t be further from the truth, it showed in the man’s eyes that he hated Batman a lot. The man also had a toothy grin present on his face, in the night it looked like a savage beast ready to pounce. Gordon took out his pistol and aimed it at the man, since everyone knew who the man was. 

"Rudra"

"The one and only.” Rudra said, noticing that everyone was ready to spring into action, especially Damien Wayne. 

'That boy sure is energetic.’

Batman seeing Rudra's gaze falling on Damien, shivered, remembering what happened to Jason. 

"It is good that you delivered yourself to us, saved us the hassle of finding you." The little midget who was not more than 12 years old said taking his foldable Bo Staff out of his utility belt. 

"ROBIN," Batman shouted. 

"Men are talking kiddo," said Rudra. 

"So we meet Batman or should I say, Bruce Wayne? Want some pizza?" 

"Gordon, would you mind not pointing your empty gun at me? " Rudra said putting his free hand into his pants pocket and taking out some bullets. 

Gordon quickly pulled out the magazine from his gun and saw that it was empty. 

"What ....when did you.." Gordon was frightened because no one had touched his pistol except him, and somehow this guy had taken out all his gun's ammo. 

"Oh that….. Why would I tell you?" 

"Stop with this act.'' Batman had enough, he was observing the guy from the moment he appeared and he knew that the guy was putting on an act like the Joker to scare them. Talking in a specific way that doesn't make sense makes them wary of him such that they would make a mistake. A good combat strategy but not against Batman. 

"And here comes the party pooper, this man was going to shit in his pants if you hadn’t interrupted me." 

*sigh* 

"So, allow me to introduce myself, I am Rudra, a humble Janitor who cleans the filth of society. "  

"Why are you here?"

"Well, I wanted to meet you, Batman. I am a fan of yours, can't you tell." Rudra

"I am asking again, why are you here?"

"Oh, believe me, I am here purely to meet you. " 

"How did you find out?"

"Oh, Your secret identity. There were various ways you see. 

Like that time I organized a bank robbery, while Bruce Wayne was at a party to check between the 2 of you. 

Then imagine my surprise when Bruce Wayne suddenly disappeared from that party and then the Batmobile appeared on the streets. In 20 minutes, the Batmobile reaches the bank, in 10 minutes Batman sorted out the thugs and disappears with the Batmobile, and after 1 long hour, Bruce Wayne reappears at the party. I mean a 1 hour-long toilet break. 

But that doesn't prove anything. 

So, I did the same experiment 7 more times and every time Batman would appeared when Bruce Wayne disappeared.

Again, this doesn’t prove anything so I used a much more complex method. 

Nanites. 

I created a knife made of Nanites and gave it to a random thug. Once Batman appeared, resulting in the thug attacking Batman, a small amount of Nanites stuck onto Batman’s suit. 

And viola. "

Finished Rudra with a dramatic pose. 

Obviously, that was a lie but it was a good theory. It wasn't that hard to make Batman believe this theory because Batman knew what super geniuses are capable of doing. 

The more this theory sank into Batman and the other's mind, the more disturbed they become from the inside, while on the outside everyone was still stoic. 

'Alfred, Pennytwo/Julia, Barbara, Tim, all of them are in danger because I was not prepared enough. If he was able to get access to the Batcomputer then…'  Batman for a second lost control of his emotions and one could see the fear deep inside his eyes. 

No one missed this. When they saw the patriarch of the Bat-family becoming frightened, all of them felt something they haven't felt in a long time, fear.

And when Gordon saw that, his knees gave up. 

Batman quickly realized his mistake because he was caught unguarded. 

"Oh, yes Batman. I have every single bit of data on Batcomputer, including your theories of how to defeat the Justice League, their identities, their family members, friends, and all that. Every single one of them. 

It wasn't that hard to hack.”

And Batman's fear came true. 

Now the reason Batman was showing such emotion was that Rudra was using a subtle magic to shake his mental fortitude more than usual. 

"Don't worry Batman, I won’t be releasing that information." 

"Though Batman I have a genuine question to ask you, I am sure a lot of people have asked you the same question, not just you but everyone present here." 

With this, the whole atmosphere around Rudra changed. The toothy grin he was showing a moment before disappeared from his face. The air became heavy and killing intent filled the area. 

Baan had only felt this intense killing intent around 2 people and they were Ra's Ghoul and Vandal Savage. 

This further proved Rudra's battle prowess. 

"Why haven't you permanently dealt with the scums, I mean you have been active for nearly 2 decades right now. So why? Why have you continue to let innocent people suffer? Why have you not eradicated the gangs completely? Why Batman? Why? " 

His voice was laced with anger and hate as he spoke. 

"I have a moral code, I don't kill." 

"Oh, yes! How could I have forgotten that our dear Batman doesn't kill? How could I have forgotten that you are just a normal kid who just likes to beat people, to get away from his trauma? How silly of me to think that you care about the people of Gotham. Because if you did then Joker and Victor Zsasz would have been under 6 feet. 

But Batman, was it really that hard to break Joker and Victor’s spines, making them into cripples so they can never get out of hospital? After all, you have been beating people even when they were down and unconscious. 

What’s so special about Jack Napier.Huh?

"Jack Napier?" Nightwing asked in confusion while looking at Batman. 

"Oh, Oohhh.. He didn't tell you about Joker's origin did he. What the fuck Bat?" 

Batman stared at Rudra, he had to admit Rudra was getting on his nerves while spilling secrets that shouldn’t be spilled. 

"We will talk later.'' Batman said while giving the look of 'not now' to Nightwing. The latter nodded in response. 

"And as for your question, I believe that IF YOU KILL A KILLER, THE NUMBER OF KILLERS WILL ALWAYS BE SAME.

Rudra too said the line with Batman and looked in the latter's eyes.  

"I know you were going to say this Batman, don't know why I even asked. After all, I know you more than you know yourself. I have observed you for so long that I even know that you are wearing your own enterprise's XL size red underwear today with 75 different types of gadgets and 193 different Batarangs." Again, a lie mixed with a bit of truth to further shake Batman and not give him time to think. 

"But you know Batman, I agree with you on this same number of killers saying it is just that something does change. And that something is what you have been neglecting all this while. 

Victims."

"They say when you kill a murderer the number of murderers stay the same. That is true, but the number of victims don’t. Everyone can change, only some change for the better. " 

Batman this time felt a distant sadness in Rudra's voice, he thought that the guy in front of him could change for the better. He cared for the people.

'He is not evil, just misguided.' 

" Look I… " Batman

"Don't. You had your chance to do something for nearly 2 decades and you failed spectacularly. Now I will show you how it is done." 

"We will not let you harm others." Batman said, taking a stance with his family standing behind him. 

"Easy there fellas, I am not here to fight. I am just here to show you guys something. " 

Rudra took out his smartphone from his pocket and looked toward Gordon and said

"I warned you, that if she is out in her costume, she might not return home. You did not listen to my advice so now whatever happens to her is not my fault. " 

With that Rudra clicked on his phone and a Hologram started to play. 

The hologram showed Barbara Gordon in her Bat costume without her mask. She was tied to a pole with the energy cuffs that Batman like to use. She was in a hall and various dogs were barking at her. The dogs were tied to the walls and were trying to get free. 

Gordon immediately took his smartphone and clicked on that, his security feed still showed Barbara in her room working on the computer.

" She has been trained by one of the best geniuses on the planet and you think those cams could help you keep an eye on her. " 

Rudra clicked again and It shows Barbara coming out of her window stealthily in her Batgirl attire. 

Damien couldn't take it anymore. 

" YOU " 

He charged at Rudra with his Bo staff, He jumped in the air striking his Bo staff at Rudra's head and when it was just a hair’s length away from connecting to its target, Rudra moved swiftly. 

He dodge the attack and while Robin was in midair he kneed him in his gut with enough force to make him puke blood. 

Robin was instantly on his fours. 

All this happened very fast but everyone present there clearly saw what happened. Obviously, Rudra was controlled his strength, or else Damien's guts would have scattered around.

" Robin!!" Nightwing shouted, he too ran toward Rudra and tried to punch him. Rudra moved out of the way and grabbed Nightwing's extended arm and slammed him on the ground so fiercely that the ground cracked. 

He did not give both of them any type of injury, just pain. 

" Everyone stop!" yelled Batman. 

Batman knew that if Rudra was here then he was completely confident in his escape and capturing Rudra is not a priority here saving Barbara is. 

"You should teach them some manners. Children should not interfere while the elders are talking." Rudra said while dusting his shoulders. 

"What do you want?" 

"Nothing, I just want you guys to save some people. 

And just so everyone gets their fair share of heroism, I have prepared various tasks for you guys." 

"Like a bomb in Wayne manor which will explode in half an hour." 

The hologram changed to show both Penny Two and Alfred unconscious, near a bomb with a timer on it. 

"Or like the weapons and drug deals which will be taking place at these sites.” 

The hologram changed again and showed some thugs with crates filled with weapons and drugs.

"And for Batman, did you know that Flash didn't just bring a letter with him from that timeline. He brought someone else too. And I think you know who." 

The hologram changes again and it showed a man tied to a pillar whose face was blurred but he was wearing a bat costume. 

Batman froze seeing that, he knew who this person was. He looked at Rudra and, in his eyes, he found all the answers he wanted and it scared him. 

"Save the people, Heroes." with that, a boom tube opened and swallowed Rudra. They all got the GPS for the locations. 

"Robin, head to the Wayne Manor, Nightwing go rescue Batgirl. Purple and Red Robin head to the site where the deals will be finalized. I will be going to save that man." 

Batman fired the orders at people while being scared of that one possibility that he didn't even use his Batman voice. 

EDITED BY: NEW GUY

A/N: IT WAS A WEIRD CHAPTER TO WRITE. NOT GONNA LIE. I THOUGHT I WOULD USE ALL MY BATMAN BASHING IN THIS CHAPTER AND ALL THAT. BUT WHEN I STARTED TO WRITE IT I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO START AND WHERE TO STOP. I WANTED TO SHOW BATMAN'S FEAR'S WANTED TO SHOW HIM HIS WAY OF DOING THINGS WAS FLAWED AND MUCH MORE. BUT WHEN I STARTED TO WRITE IT CAME TO ME THAT BATMAN IS NOT A MAN OR BEING IT IS A THOUGHT, AN IDEOLOGY THAT BRUCE WAYNE FOLLOWS AND IT BECAME A SECOND PERSONALITY TO HIM. I HAVE TO BREAK THIS PERSONALITY AND SAME WITH GOTHAM'S PEOPLE. THAT'S WHY THIS POORLY EXECUTED CHAPTER.

ALSO, I HAVE THE BASHING PLAN BUT I THOUGHT THAT IF I DID IT NOW IT WOULD BE A WASTE. I WILL BASH EVERYONE AND I HAVE 4 K LONG DEAFT FOR THAT BUT IT WILL HAVE TO WAIT. 

17