Chapter 10
762 16 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gotham Harbour Night, 11 p.m. 

At least 20 to 25 people were patrolling the area. All of them were wearing black visors, which have X-ray and night vision, with a red light shining on a corner. They were wearing head gear and a communication device in one ear. The clothes they were wearing were skin-tight, with various types of daggers and knives on them. They were holding semi-automatic UZI, on some of their backs were Katanas. 

In the middle, two guys were loading a container and unloading crates onto a truck.

"Hey, careful! Break the goods and, Falcon will break you." 

"I know, but these crates are too heavy. What did the boss order this time?"

"What he orders and what he uses it for, is his damn business not ours. We get good money for this simple delivery and that's all. Now let's just load these things in the truck and let's hit the road." 

"Okay, this is the last one. But hey what will you do if, you know, HE shows up like last time."

"How many people did the boss send for our protection this time? Look around, there are 20 of them and they are not like us. They are professional, trained. I have heard that every one of them has killed at least 30 people. They are all professional killers." 

" Yeah, I have heard the rumors. So, are they truly from that new mercenary organization that just became famous? Aren't they, you know, super expensive? " 

"I think so." 

" Wow, looks like the boss went all out this time. I mean look at this truck, it has a lot of tech in it. What is inside these crates anyway, that our boss was willing to spend so much money on it?"

" Again, it’s none of our damn business."

Everyone was on highly alert and curious about the crates, after all, Falcon had wasted 20 million on the security. He chose the guys who work abroad for his gang and brought them to Gotham, without alerting everyone. The whole deal was so secret that no one involved ever spoke about it, even in code words. They would talk using small pieces of paper and burn them right after, they would meet people in person but never talked about it. 

The people involved in this deal were so paranoid that they were tracking every moment of the shipment with satellites. After all, Cadmus, Light, and many more had invested heavily in this project, and to deliver it they chose the former crime boss of Gotham, Carmine Falcone.

He didn't know what he was delivering, but he knew that it would pay him and would keep Batman busy enough for him to become the Falcon he once was. 

What they were transporting was a clone of Starro with Martian Manhunter's DNA. According to the scientists, this clone's psychic powers was powerful enough to destroy Metropolis atom by atom in a matter of seconds. It was their weapon against the Justice League because Superman's clone in which Lex and Cadmus were investing in was not giving good results. This Starro clone was also known as Psy-1000, as it was the only clone that survived from the 1000 failed projects. It was the last one because they had burned through every DNA sample they had of Starro.

That's the reason for all the tight security. 

But what no one knew, was that a man who was wearing a red mask was lying on a container only 1.5 Km away. In his hands was a futuristic-looking long and heavy sniper which resembled the design of the JTF-2 sniper. It was Red Hood

9IQOXEgDK7ENPYLKVsPyq0mpdIsbgavx2vBb76MSgGB9PRoeI077WVvjDXfIltkfkjEpHiD-GaDy1h_XNcqSICJFvngptJnFjAqiCJS-mVL-bcyRQZ6LlNy4xn9EbA1YTMJtn-CGJel-artIWQ

 (This baby but with some blue energy veins pulsating through. I am not an artist.)

Red Hood had his eye on the scope, he gently pulled out a bullet made of glass and inside of the bullet was a blue starry liquid that glowed in the dark. He loaded the bullet inside the sniper, took aim, pressed a small black button beside the trigger, and the sniper started feeling heavy in his hands. The blue lines on the sniper were glowed with raw energy and then he pulled the trigger 

 *Wheeze* 

The plasma bullet fired from the sniper, cutting through the air approached the loaded truck and when it met the truck 

*Booom* 

The whole truck exploded, nothing was left except a carter and burning remains. There were some people from the organization who lost their lives during the blast. One of the guys had a steel rod going through his neck, when the blast occurred the metal supporting the sideway mirrors got blasted off from the truck and it flew into his neck, one of the guy's neck was broken due to the impact of a high-speed tire smacking onto his skull, and due to the truck having fully loaded weapons install into it, the bullets when the caught on fire shot out of their shells and killed three more thugs despite them wearing bulletproof clothing.  

15 of them were left groaning on the ground and were slowly standing up. 

Red Hood, who fired the bullet, was surprised at the sniper’s firepower. Rudra was the one who sent that gun and other toys to him for his convenience. 

Red Hood stood up from his position, jumped from the container and while he was halfway through the air, a futuristic red and black glider came under his feet and Red Hood landed on the glider without trouble. He was shocked once again as he had jumped from a height of 50 feet and didn't feel any impact due to the shock-absorbing ability of his new shoes. Rudra had given him a much-needed upgrade and he was going to test all of it here. 

The glider flew above the burning truck and the people. Red Hood did a backflip in the air and took out his modified Desert Eagles and his newly enhanced helmet pinpointed the location of the black-clothed people and he started firing. 

*Bang*

*Bang*

He descended to the ground like an angel of vengeance ready to unleash his vengeance on the lowly demons that were on earth. His eyes were shone blood red. He looked like a demon to the surviving thugs. 

He looked at them and again fired before they could even notice what happened. 

He killed the rest leaving only one person remaining. The woman knew that the person before him was no Batman and he would kill her without a single thought, so it was better for her to surrender. 

The woman had dropped her weapons and stood there with her hands in the air. Red Hood looked at the woman and his helmet pulled out all the information on the person before him. 

Red Hood fired 4 shots on both legs and hands with enough firepower to obliterate her limbs. He had crippled the woman. 

"Arrgh"

"Hayley Mikaelson, killed 30 people, 5 of them being members of a single-family including children. Apologies, but I’m no Batman, I don't hand over the criminals to the law, I punish them." 

"Argh...ugh. '' Hayley looked at the monster who killed her whole team with hatred in her eyes. 

"And just so you know the money in your Los Angeles Bank account? I just emptied it. 

Enjoy your life in the living hell." 

And with those parting words, Red Hood jumped on his glider and glides away. 

Hayley Mikaelson lived the rest her life penniless and on a bed. She was dependent to the people around her for everything except breathing. She saw the pity people had for her in their eyes and the annoyance that she was to them. She dreamed of the people she had killed off and the ironic thing? The owner of that nursing home was someone she had killed and now his daughter was taking care of her. 

She was never able to forgive herself even after death. 

##################################

In the eastern part of Gotham, in an underground facility ruled by the Ghost Dragon Triad.

"Shoot that freak!"

"Come on, he is just one guy."

"You Monster! " 

"Aargh"

One of the attacker's necks was cut clean and his head fell onto the ground. A fountain of blood spurted from his neck. 

When the body fell, we can see a man who was wearing leather armor of black color. On his shoes, there were claws and the same could be said about his hands. He was wearing an eagle themed helmet with 2 Katanas in his hands. Behind that man was a 15-year-old girl who was half-naked. 

From the perspective of the girl the scene exactly looked like those fairy tales where a shining Knight save people and kill the bad guys. 

She looked at his broad back which was shielding her from those bad guys.

Some hours ago 

When Rudra delivered his message to Talon. Talon fell into his thoughts. 

Talon understood Rudra wanted to change something and it was the same as what Talon himself wanted to change. But the question was, is he able to trust that guy. Rudra only looks like a psychopath. A psychopath, who has immense hatred for the filth of society, and wanted to get rid of it. 

But Talon too had a path that he has chosen that he thought that was going to change society. 

Was it alright for him to abandon his path and help someone else on their path? What if Rudra was wrong, then wouldn't he have traded his own path for nothing.

These questions roamed in his mind. 

*beep* 

A message from Rudra came. It had a file and location in it. 

Talon opened the file.

'It doesn't matter how many you save, but what matters is that you have saved someone. 

So, what if he is wrong and I am right, what does it matter? What matters is that there is someone I have to save and there is some filth that needs to be cleansed. ' 

Talon thought after seeing the contents of the file. 

The file had information about the Ghost Dragon Triad's biggest human trafficking base in Gotham, which has been hidden till now from the eyes of everyone. How? Simple only the top brass of the Triad knew about it and was underground. A shipping company's office was at the forefront, so no one knew about it.  

Now, what are the Triads? 

The Triads are criminal organizations of the Chinese ethnicity in the world. 

The Triads were first established in China as secret societies. As time went on, they gradually evolved into criminal organizations. Vigilantes and costumed superheroes have had dealings and clashes with the Triads and their affiliated gangs. Like any other organized crime group, the Triads are involved in a wide variety of criminal operations, including narcotics, gambling, contraband smuggling, money laundering, prostitution, human trafficking, manufacturing counterfeit goods, and protection rackets.

Gotham City was plagued by the Triads just as with the other major ethnic crime syndicates. In the early 1990s, they have been taking at least $1 billion from Gotham every year. During that period, the Caucasian crime lord King Snake relocated the Triad that he controlled, the Ghost Hand, from Hong Kong to Gotham. He was able to establish his dominance over the Chinese underworld in Gotham City despite the efforts of Batman and Robin. Eventually, he made a mistake and challenged the powerful "Shan Triad" of the Golden Triangle. Lady Lynx and the rest of the Ghost Hand were not in agreement with starting a war against the Shan Triad, and to save themselves, moved against the King Snake in a coup which led to Lady Lynx becoming the leader of the Ghost Hand.

The Triads that are active in Gotham according to their influence are

The Ghost hand triad: They have the most influence in Gotham. The main work of this triad is human trafficking. They kidnap children, train them as their agents or sell them.

K'un L'un triad: The oldest crime syndicate in history. They are currently located in China but have connections all over the globe. 

Shan Triad: Controls the Golden Triangle's drug trade, used to be more like a business association between several clans until General Tsu had them all eliminated and now control all of the Triad and therefore monopolize the opium business in the Golden Triangle.

Neon Dragon Triad: Based in Gotham City and is one of several local syndicates which had established a business relationship with the El Penitente drug cartel of Mexico.

Lucky Hand Triad: Based in Gotham City and allied itself with Ra's al Ghul.

 

And the base that he is about to strike has a mixed partnership between both K'un L'un and Ghost Hand.

If he struck there, it would lower Gotham's human trafficking considerably. 

Talon didn't even think, it was like an instinct and he wore the eagle themed suit. 

The suit had fire resistance, underwater breathing, tear-proof fabric, shock absorption, kinetic energy absorption (A/N: Like that Black panther suit) bulletproof, and nanotechnology. The suit also has wings that are detachable and were like droned when detached. The wing drone was able to lift 500 tons to 1000 tons easily, ran on an infinite battery, has around 1000 settings, and lasers, plasma guns. In short, the drone itself was able to decimate a small army of 1000 people easily. The cherry on the top was a inbuilt A.I. The suit itself had the function of healing the wearer through nanobots and carries some kryptonite inside.

Talon killed everyone in the shipping company before entering the underground base. The floor of the shipping company was painted in red, the head was rolling, bodies, legs, hands, breasts, chins were all lying there.

And when Talon enters the underground base, what he saw turned his anger into rage. 

He saw a 14 to 15-year old girl surrounded by men in their underwear, those men was tearing her clothes off. All she was wearing was her underwear, crying for help. Those scumbags were filming it as well.  

Talon saw red, he started running those bastards without caring for bullets or weapons and their heads flew into the air. He gave the girl one of the dead mob's coats to cover her. 

He looked at the camera guy.

" Keep it rollin " 

And the camera guy shat himself just by being looked at.

Blood dripped from his katanas and his armor. 

In a moment all scumbags came and surrounded him. 

One guy, who seemed to be the boss came forward. 

"Wh…" 

Before the guy could even utter a single word, a chain dagger logged into his skull.  

Because for Talon, there was nothing to talk about here. There was no need to waste words, these people are worms, disgusting worms, and he is here to kill them. They are his prey and he, the hunter. 

He killed everyone, he tore out their spines, pulled out their jaws from their mouths, tore their tongues out, stabbed them in their hearts, cut their limbs, and in the end, only the camera guy was left alive. He was shaking in his pants and Talon started moving towards him, the guy dropped the camera and tried to run. Talon threw his katana and it flew cutting through his leg, stuck itself to the ground. 

Talon picked up the camera and placed it in the direction that the camera guy was.

" Who are you? " 

"I am the wayward son of Gotham who forgot his duties

Talon made a fist, punched the guy's head and broke his jaw

"I am the boy who turned his back on his people's suffering

Talon broke the guy's hand. 

"I forgot who I was and the promise I made to myself.

Talon broke the guy's ribs. 

"For years, I have contemplated. I have been sitting on the sidelines for too long " 

Talon broke the guy’s other leg. 

"BUT NOT ANYMORE. FOR ALL OF YOU ARE HEARING THIS, I HAVE RETURN. ONE OF GOTHAM'S SONS HAS RETURN. I AM NOT LIKE BATMAN WHO WILL SHOW MERCY, I WILL ERASE YOU. EVERY ATROCITY WILL BE JUDGED, EVERY TEAR WILL BE COUNTED, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU VERMINS WHO HAVE INFECTED MY PRECIOUS GOTHAM. LISTEN UP I AM BACK, I WILL FIND AND HUNT YOU. I WILL NOT STOP YOU TILL EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU IS DEAD. THIS I SWEAR ON MY EXISTENCE.  

I AM GARUDA. THE EAGLE OF JUSTICE AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WILL GET IT. "

And with his declaration, Talon now Garuda pulled out his claws from his hand and in one swift motion cut the cameraman's neck clean. 

Then Garuda freed all the girls and his AI informed the legal authorities. 

##################################

After The meeting of Batman and Rudra 

The Batmobile was moving faster than it has ever. Bruce was afraid. Afraid of losing his father again. 

He was not thinking straight he knew but about what Rudra said about the timeline and stuff, maybe there is a chance that it truly was him. If the person that he suspects was his father then he will not let anyone harm him. Not even Rudra.

Damien had called him and reported that he has defused the bomb. Nightwing is approaching Barbara's location. Tim and Steph are waiting for the remaining parties to come to the harbor.

He also got many panic signals, but he ignored them as this was his father. His father who has returned from death. 

He reached the place where his father was held captive. He first scanned the whole building and it only showed him only one life signal. 

After confirming that there were no hidden traps, he rushed in and saw a man tied to the pillar. 

The man had a slightly bigger build than himself. He was wearing a Bat costume and had grey hair. But there was no doubt in Bruce's mind that this man is his father, Thomas Wayne. 

"Father" Bruce Wayne muttered to himself. 

But the man seemed to hear it and he opened his eyes. 

"Bruce" The Man muttered in a slightly warm and soft voice. 

Bruce Wayne took out a Batrang and cut the chains that were holding the man.

The man fell from the pillar. Bruce rushed toward him and supported him.

Bruce helped him to stand up. 

"Bruce." Thomas Wayne said his name with many emotions in his voice that the silver of doubt that was in his heart died right there. No one can imitate those emotions and those eyes. These are his father's loving eyes. 

"Father" Bruce hugged his father tightly and Thomas returned that hug with the same intensity. 

"I have missed you, Father."

"I too have missed you dearly, my son."

Both father and son teared up. For Bruce, it felt like yesterday that he had gone to that damn theater. 

Let's go home, Father. Alfred will be surprised to meet you. Do you know you have a grandson too?" Bruce said with tears and emotions in his eyes. 

"Bruce, I want to go there and meet all of them, but I don't have enough time left, my son." Thomas said with tears in his eyes. 

"What happened, Father?" 

"The guy who kidnapped me, injected me with poison. I don't have enough time left." 

"I can find a way to save you, Father. Let's just go to the Batcave, in a moment I can find and create an antidote. Let's go, Father " 

"Bruce, my son. Look how you have grown in a man, better than anyone I knew. 

I am so proud of the man that you have become."

"I am sorry son for everything that you have gone through because of my folly. I am truly sorry Bruce that you have to take the mantle of the Bat." 

"Father, I .." 

"You don't have to say anything Bruce." 

For a few minutes both father and son didn't say anything and just looked at each other. 

"You know Bruce, I deserved this. When I first arrived in this timeline with the help of your friend, Berry Allen. I was very happy as I got to see how my son has grown up. When I heard about how Bruce Wayne worked, his charities, and his love for Gotham. I also found out that you have adopted some children. I felt this….. This happiness inside me. Though I was angry when I found out that you became a playboy. Not gonna lie, I had planned on grounding you."

* both chuckle* 

"But then I also saw You fight with that mask on. It broke me. I never wanted that for you, Bruce. I wanted my child to be happy and peaceful. Instead, I found a child who struggled with trauma, is sleep-deprived, lonely, and fighting crime as a masked person. 

It broke me, son. It truly broke me from inside." 

"So, I decided to not meet you and instead make you abandon that Bat costume. 

So, I worked hands with your enemies like Bane and Riddler. I am sorry for that, I made plans to make you abandon the costume and I killed innocent people for that. 

And that's how he found me." 

Inside Bruce's head, all the dots started to connect and he got the answer as to how Rudra found his father.

"Son, I am sorry. I shouldn't have done that, I should have come to you, should have talked with you, should’ve spent time with you. Should have met with my grandson, should have told Alfred ‘Thank you’ for raising you better than I could have." 

"In my last moments right here I regret not doing that. I regret not spending this time with you Son. 

And it is only now that I understand that what you have done as Batman was more than that I could have ever asked. 

You have done a great job." 

"You know Bruce, I am happy that Rudra is killing me because if he hadn't, I would have still been working with the likes of Bane and others. Just to fulfill my selfish desires and would have hurt you. I would have never understood that my son is a hero, a true selfless hero who gave up everything for Gotham and its people. 

I could have never understood all the good that you have done. I would still be ignorant of my true feelings. 

And for all the bad deeds that I have done, I hope you can find this in your heart to forgive me, son. " 

Bruce had his head down and tears were running down his cheeks. 

Bruce looked toward his father and saw that he started to glow. 

"What is happening to you, Father?! " 

"I think it is Rudra's poison which has started working." 

Bruce had never heard of any kind of poison like this before, and then he remembered Nanobots. 

"Bruce, I don't have time. I am sorry to leave you alone again but do know my son that I have never been so proud. You are right Bruce, you are right about protecting people and everything else.

Bruce, my son this city needs you." 

Bruce hearing his father and activated his EMP at his father's body in the last reserve to disable the Nanobots. But to no avail. 

"Stop it, Bruce. There is no way that guy would have left any loophole to save me. He wanted my death to break you, don't break son. You must not break." 

Give Alfred my regards, He raised a great man. "

And with that Thomas Wayne left this world once again. Rudra's nanobots decomposed his body in seconds and there was nothing left except a crying Bruce in a Batman costume. 

"Bruce, you need to see this." Batman heard Nightwing's voice and what he saw made him shiver.  

*Bang* 

15