Chapter 2
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Igris was in his own world after reassuring Algin that he would be okay but he was not and Algin knew that well or why else would Igris look so calm when his eyes were glowing with a fiery flame and cyclones in the other.

The grand elder hosting the tournaments stood in the centre of the stage and said as he looked at the crowd, “Now everyone, this part of the tournament is the one where everyone looks forward to and especially the clans looking for new talents. Those who did not get a chance to show their talents now is your time to showcase yourself.”

He went back to his seat and sat down. Everyone looked around because no one wanted to be first to face some embarrassment. Many knew that most wanted to challenge Igris because of his father’s accomplishments especially after the whole incident of them being kidnapped.

Igris on the other hand felt unease within and so did Algin who was by his side. He could feel that something inside Igris’s body was disturbed ever since they returned from his father’s domain but they didn’t know what it was whereas Igris has some inkling.

Suddenly a beautiful woman stepped into the ring that everyone recognized. She folded her arms across her big chest and looked around as she mumbled, “I guess I am the first challenger.”

“As if no one can see that,” Algin mumbled to himself.

Igris side-eyed him and shook his head, Algin always had something to say that is why it was best to take him with a pinch of salt.

She turned her gaze to Igris and Algin and said, “I did not have the chance to battle you and I want that chance now but not with you, how about your little husband?”

Algin’s eyes widened then he blushed, he turned to Igris and saw that he had no interest in what was happening then stood up. He walked over to the ring extremely slow and said when he stopped opposite her, “You have a huge set of balls thinking you are capable of fighting against me.”

Sgoth stared at him and said, “Well I certainly need to pay you back for what you did.”

Algin smirked, then nodded his head, “Okay but have you ever faced a Fae before? And remember I am a Fae not a Fairy.”

She stared at him and said, “Your race is basically non-existent, this will be the first match anyone has witnessed in centuries.”

Algin nodded pleased with her answer and asked, “Do you know why we are basically non-existent anymore?”

She shook her head, “No, but please do tell.”

“Because we are known for killing cultivators,” Algin said with a smirk.

“How?” Sgoth asked confused, everyone was confused too. Sgoth looked over at her master then looked back at Algin who was lowering down on the ground slowly.

Suddenly a chair appeared under Algin’s butt where he sat down. A regal flame throne appeared as the chair and the ring was surrounded by an overbearing water cage with powerful sun dragon’s swimming in it as they roared ready to kill.

The flame throne roared too and Algin said, “Like this. Cultivators of all races raced to be partnered with us but could never handle it when they asked us to fight thus our elder took us away from you savages until Prince Queseon asked our elder to give him a chance. Thus he was partnered with the elemental queen Galacia. His other father is partnered with a wingless fairy who burnt off his wings with his fire element and the weakest Faeborn,  Diaspore who should be powerful in the same way I am.”

Algin looked at Igris briefly and saw that he was not good. He turned to look back at her and said, “But I don’t need his power to deal with you.”

He stood up, swung his arm out and the fire flame roared once again. It swarmed around his arm from the chair and the water cage became erratic and encase them soon disappearing.

Igris looked up at the ring and said, “Enough.” His voice vibrated through the ring and into the surroundings with spiritual power nulling Algin and Sgoth’s spiritual energy.

The elders narrowed their eyes on Igris and so did Queseon. Queseon sat back and said, >Father, there is something wrong with Igris, his spiritual energy is not as it used to be.<

Emperor Cyraeneus looked at Igris as he answered, >He has felt like this since his return.<

Queseon released a shuddering breath, he tried to find his husband in the crowd but couldn’t see him. He rubbed the back of his neck and mumbled, >Can you hear me?<

>Speak,< Qykerth answered.

>Something’s wrong with Igris, his spiritual energy is scattered,< Queseon explained to him.

Qykerth looked at Igris and tried to observe him but he couldn’t see what the problem was.

Algin looked back at Igris and smiled, he turned back at Sgoth and said, “You win, he doesn’t want me fighting.”

“Bullshit!” She growled and rushed towards him. Algin flew backwards then kicked his legs and jumped up in the air over her and smacked his hand out with the fire whip at her. The flame snaked around her body and latched itself on her and started burning her body.

Sgoth yelled at the top of her lungs and everyone could smell that her body was really starting to burn all the way down to her core because a cultivators body wasn’t easy to burn.

“Didn’t I tell you to stop?” Igris asked with a sigh and rubbed his forehead.

“She wants to fight,” Algin defended himself and looked in Igris’s direction dumbfounded.

Igris looked at him and said, “And you are going to kill her, can’t you be normal?”

Algin shook his head and shrunk back to his Fae size. Igris gave him a look and said, “Just stop already.”

“Fine!” Algin pouted and stomped his foot. He released his power and the energy disappeared.

Sgoth fell to the ground spasming and Algin said as he turned to the grand elder, “She might need some help because her core is about to turn to dust.”

The healing mages quickly rushed up to the ring and examined her body. Their eyes widened and immediately got to work trying to mend her.

Algin flew up to Igris and asked, “Did I win?”

Igris cupped his hand as Algin sat down on hit and nodded his head, “Yes but you hurt her.”

“She wanted to fight me and the dumb part is, I didn’t even need your help, I was just showing off,” Algin said pouting.

Igris shoved him into his robe and shook his head, he stood up and made his way to the medical room where they took Sgoth. Her master was already there and she was in a frenzy.

Igris looked at her body that was charred and asked, “Were you able to help her or is she still dying?”

The elders didn’t even feel him enter and looked at Igris surprised.

Goddess Szuz glared at him and asked, “What power does that little rat have that is making it impossible for us to heal her.”

Igris pursed his lips and said, “I do not think I will help you now, seeing that you called my Algin a rat, you can deal with this problem yourself.”

Goddess Szuz’s eyes widened and she said, “Please no wait, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to, please, please help me with healing my disciple.”

Igris side-eyed her and said, “Go ask your ancestors, you ruined your chance and just so you know, you will never be able to find the solution under your nose.”

He turned on his heels and made it back to the ring but Queseon called him over. Igris looked at his father and asked, “Did you need something from me?”

Queseon nodded his head, “How is her condition? I know that Algin has a terrible source of power.”

Igris shrugged, “I was going to help but she called Algin a rat, so it’s her problem.”

“Haha,” Sidon laughed from behind them. Igris turned to look at him and asked, “Why are you laughing.”

“Because she should have held her tongue, this will be a wonderful story to tell grandmother when we get back.”

Igris nodded his head in agreement and looked at his father, “Is it okay if we leave? I need to wake Algin up.”

Queseon nodded his head, he didn’t call his son over to talk about Sgoth but to examine him.

0