Chapter 3
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Igris returned to his seat, he pulled Algin out of his pocket who yawn. Algin smiled at him weakly and set up a barrier around them that he let Igris take over.

Sighing Algin asked, “Will you be able to fight without me?”

Igris scoffed, “What do I look like to you? Some weakling?”

“No, but I know you are not okay,” Algin grumbled and stood up. He looked at Igris and said, “Your elements are going crazy within your eyes and it’s been happening ever since we met your father,” Algin said.

Sighing Igris nodded his head, “I know and I can’t seem to figure it out.”

Where Queseon was sitting, his hands started sparking with spiritual energy. He raised them to look at his hands and smiled, he could feel the spiritual energy fluctuating in his body again.

He looked into the crowd of people and said, >You’ve returned it to me?<

Qykerth smiled under his hood, >You’ve done a great thing for me by raising my son and growing him into what he is right now and I know it must have pained you to sacrifice your life’s work for him.<

Queseon chuckled saying, >A sacrifice I was willing to make. He is MY baby and I will do it again if I could.”

The next challenger jumped onto the stage and shouted out loud, “I am Stell from the Moon Clan and I challenge Igris.”

Igris’s eyes snapped over to her and he sighed, “It looks like I have to go now.”

“You are very popular, have fun, I won’t interfere.” Algin said.

The bubble snapped and Igris said to Sidon, “Keep him safe and don’t let him go.”

“Aye sir,” Sidon said and placed Algin in his lap.

Igris walked over to the ring and when he stood opposite her he said, “Just so you know, I am not interested in women.”

“So men it is?” She smirked.

Igris shook his head and started circling the ring which lead her to mimic his actions, “No, no, not men either.”

“Then what?” She asked with a smile.

“What I am interested in… are the other clans out of water, I know every species in our kingdom but not those above land. Now I know the Moon Goddess Clan and the ruling family clan. You are just next because you are too enthusiastic,” he answered.

“Oh really?” She asked and looked at the elder who nodded his head. She opened her arms and the clouds turned grey. 

Igris raised his head looking up at the sky and saw the moon peeking from behind the clouds. He raised an intrigued brow as snow danced down from the clouds.

He lowered his gaze to look at her and saw that her body was covered in a blanket of white light.

Igris exhaled and saw a cloud of white flow out of his mouth. He could feel the cold from the snow enter his body and try to freeze his core but it did not work. He frowned staring at her and said, “You are going to need to do more than that.”

Her brows knitted and she concentrated her spiritual energy as she brought her hands together and formed a sphere concentrating it.

A smirk formed on Igris’s lips as he felt the bone-chilling cold and he said, “You have an interesting ability there, do all those from your clan have this type of strength?”

She frowned and shook her head, “No, my seniors are stronger than me.”

Igris tilted his head as he took a step forward and he said, “But with some time and help from someone other than your clan, you will be much stronger than you are now.”

Stell looked at him confused and said, “Hurry up and fight back!”

“Okay~” Igris said. He snapped his right hand across him and a spark quickly ignited and he did the same with his left with a gust of water seeping out of the void. When the two collided, they merged into a dark blue spark and wrapped around Igris’s body. He clapped his hands together once and the flame spread out throughout the ring covering.

Stell lost her composure feeling the power pressing onto her body and the sky cleared except the ring.

She looked at him as she was shivering and said, “I lose, release me.”

“I don’t think I want to,” Igris said with a smirk.

>Igris,< Queseon sent him a warning.

Igris looked over at his father wondering why does he always interfere? He turned his attention back to Stell and saw that her body was freezing and sent her a message, >The cold is not from the moon or the ocean but from the void. Want to take up on my offer?<

She looked at him oddly and asked, >What is in it for me?<

>You’ll be powerful,< Igris asked as he slowly retracted his spiritual energy.

>And what is in it for you?< She asked suspiciously.

>I plan on building my own clan out of the ocean. I need strong cultivators on my team and you will be one of them.< He answered.

She stood up firmly asking, >Do I have to leave my clan?<

“Isn’t that obvious?” Igris asked walking away.

He sat down on his seat and took Algin from his cousin as she retreated to her place still shivering from the cold.

Sidon looked at his cousin and asked, >So, do we have a new member or what?<

>I think so,< Igris said with a smile.

Sidon chuckled with a shake of his head saying, >Just one of each is okay, we don’t have enough resources for five hundred.<

>I know, I know. I am going to disappear for some time, if you need me you know how to reach me and if you must, please do not kill anyone,< Igris said and disappeared.

That's the end of the free chapters :)

0