Chapter 47 – Strength in Numbers 27
6.5k 29 204
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been a week since Naomi has asked permission from her Mom to bring a weapon. Hotaru, as promised told the Esper Association to release a permit for Naomi.

She worked hard to obtain the permit, unlike what she thought at first, a procedure to obtain a permit to bring a weapon for 16 years old girl is difficult. Hotaru needed 4 days to obtain the permit and give it to Naomi.

In the meantime, Naomi made the weapon that she had in mind. After she obtained her parent’s permission a week ago, Naomi went to the weapon maker box that she saw when she was here to see the situation. She didn’t hesitate to approach the box and called some worker that was working to operate the machine.

The weapon-making process was simple, just press a button and the machine will do the rest of it. No need for a blacksmith or any human to assemble the weapon at all. The weapon was done after 3 hours, Naomi looked at the weapon and nodded with satisfaction. The smile plastered on her face showing how happy she was with the final result of the weapon.

Today, she was sitting in her office waiting for a guest. Hotaru stood behind Naomi had a dark circle under her eyes because of fatigue. Because the summer season was approaching, Naomi took off her suit and wearing only a white shirt and long black pants. She didn’t take off her tie because it didn’t bother her as much as the suit.

On top of Naomi's table, there are stacks of papers. All of it was paperwork that needed Naomi’s approval. In this week, Naomi didn’t attend her school at all, she find no reason as to why she needed to attend her middle school anymore when she worked as a manager of a company.

Hotaru looked at Naomi with awe in her eyes. Although Naomi had a lack of sleep like her, Naomi was working at a fast speed without any sign of exhaustion. Even today, Naomi needed to welcome a guest to make a deal.

While Naomi was in the middle of doing her paperwork, a knock was heard from the door. Naomi stopped her pen and looked at Hotaru. Hotaru understand and nodded, she approached the door and asked.

“Yes? Who is this?”

“My name is Lee Hyun-Woo, CEO of Luna Corporation. I had an appointment with Miss Akasa this afternoon, may I enter?” The voice behind the door said with a polite tone.

Hotaru looked at Naomi which she answered. “You may enter.”

Receiving the knowledge from Naomi, Hotaru opened the door. Hyun-Woo that was wearing a gray suit and pants stood right in front of the door. He bowed a little and entered the room while looking around with respect in his eyes.

Hotaru bowed a little to Hyun-Woo and said, “Please come over here.”

She walked towards Naomi's desk and asked Hyun-Woo to sit in the chair while she went to Naomi and stood behind her.

“Pleased to meet you again, Miss Akasa. My name is Lee Hyun-Woo from Luna Corporation. I am really grateful to be granted this meeting, this is not much but please take it.” Hyun-Woo took out a present box from his pocket and handed it to Naomi.

Hotaru was eyeing the box suspiciously, but she decided to not act because she think that exchanging gifts was common in high society.

Naomi took Hyun-Woo’s gift and said, “The feeling is the same as me, Mr. Lee. I am grateful for the gift, I will take it.”

They both smiled at each other, from outsider's perspective they look like they are smiling because of business. But, for Naomi and Hyun-Woo the meaning was different.

Naomi was thinking, ‘Nice!! You are a good subordinate, bringing a gift for me, maybe I will not call you an idiot anymore!’

While Hyun-Woo was thinking, ‘Why’d I have to do this!? I was fired up a week ago, but when I think about it. Isn’t my position dangerous!? If I mess up here, what will Princess do to me? I can’t imagine it, maybe I will have a free fall from the sky again?’ Hyun-Woo tried to hide his nervousness with his smile.

Because both Hyun-Woo and Naomi didn’t say anything, they become awkward and their smile turned into a stiff smile. Fortunately, Naomi took the initiation and turned to Hotaru.

“Hotaru, could you bring a tea for us? I prefer green tea. How about you, Mr. Lee?” Naomi asked Hyun-Woo, he was smiling brightly once again and answered Naomi.

“I will have a Black Tea, with no sugar please.”

Hotaru nodded and walked out of the room. Her professionalism was shown when there is a guest, if it was the normal Hotaru, she would skip around while saying “Yes~ I will fetch it for you, Naomi~” or something.

After making sure Hotaru was not here and the door was closed, Naomi’s expression turned serious, and looked at Hyun-Woo.

Hyun-Woo, already used to the sudden change of Naomi turned serious too and deployed a soundproof barrier. After making sure that the barrier was deployed correctly, Hyun-Woo nodded his head.

“What’s the situation?” Naomi saw Hyun-Woo nodded his head, asked Hyun-Woo about the situation in the base.

“We had annihilated all of them with the help of Melaine. With her ability, we managed to arrive faster and more efficient on destroying the target.” Answered Hyun-Woo. He reported about the progress of the impostor annihilation that was handed over to Rekka and Melaine.

“Good, for now, keep up the good work. I would not be able to visit the base, this company just opened a week ago, so I need to be here for the time being. How about the other thing?” Naomi decided to use this chance to ask about Melaine’s situation. She was worried about her, especially about her behavior.

Who knows there will be a time when Melaine suddenly appeared in Naomi’s office and hugged her out of nowhere. She definitely didn’t want that to happen, so she needs to monitor Melaine closely.

“Is it about that? Please visit the base next week for a while for that matter, Princess. We just need you for a few minutes! I promise it will not be for long! If you didn’t visit the base at that time, I don’t know what will happen.” Hyun-Woo said that like he’s on his wit end. He looked like a man who lost all hope in the world.

Naomi was thinking, ‘Is Melaine’s situation that serious? For Hyun-Woo to look like this, maybe I will visit next week to calm her down for a moment.’

“Sure, I will visit the base next week. Now, deactivate your barrier, Hotaru is on her way here.”

Hyun-Woo was smiling brightly when he heard that Naomi will visit the base next week. He quickly shatters the soundproof barrier and puts on his businessman act before Hotaru entered the room.

“Thank you. Really, thank you very much.” Said Hyun-Woo.

Hearing Hyun-Woo saying thank you all of a sudden, Naomi could only answer, “You’re welcome.”

‘Really, what happened with Melaine?’



Author Here~

There are 7 chapters of my new series 'The New Horizon' on my Patreon, the update is inconsistent until chapter 10 (But there will at least be 1 chapter/week at minimum)

Here's the cover of my new Series! The New Horizon!

Spoiler

Cover

Illustrator: Raven (Pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/40961809)

[collapse]

More than 24 Advanced chapters (For both of my works) Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works.

Thanks to the Executive :
- L1 Mainy

204