Chapter 63 – Avos Island 14
5.6k 30 203
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi, or rather Mugetsu was flying in the sky, in the direction of the smoke. She still limited her power level to hide her pressure from the other Esper on the island. Because her location and the smoke were far away, she didn’t know how the smoke was created.

She at first thought that her subordinates were the ones who created that smoke, but upon flying, she noticed that the location of the smoke was near the bridge, still on Avos Island. She instructed Chi to kill the perpetrator of the attack that the Esper Association had secured. But, the location of the smoke was the guard post near the bridge, not the Esper Association building or jail.

Naomi then looked at the bridge and saw a crash on the bridge. She tried to extend her sense using Adjustment and Telekinesis, and she felt Mischa and another Esper on the bridge.

“That’s strange, Mischa is not in the location of the smoke. For the other Esper near Mischa, that must be one of my organization’s members. So, who caused the smoke?” Ponder Naomi as she arrived above the location of the smoke.

Naomi saw the guards near the location of the smoke tried to extinguish a fire that engulfed the guard post. She also saw the captain of the guards that was looking at her with an indecent gaze amongst the guard. He didn’t try to do anything to help the guards extinguishing the fire with their clothes or bringing a bucket of water, he just stood there and yelled at the guards who did the works.

Seeing the scene, Naomi frowned under her mask. That attitude was what Naomi hated the most. In her opinion, a leader must help their subordinates in work. They have their own job and duty, subordinates duty is to follow the leader’s command. And the leader's duty is to make sure their subordinates work correctly and safely. Not yelling at his subordinates like what the captain did.

“Ah, I can dispose him right now.” Said Naomi in realization as she pumped her fist on her palm.

‘But, before that, let’s look at the battle between Mischa and my subordinate. I bet Mischa’s ability is on right now, where’s the best place to land?’ thought Naomi as she began to look around to find the area to land, but she didn’t manage to find any secluded area for her to land without anyone looking.

‘This is a good time to try my theory about Mischa ability too. Should I just fly right above the bridge?’ Naomi nodded her head and began to ascend to the sky. She wanted to fly at least 500 meters from Mischa’s position, as she wanted to test Mischa’s ability radius.

She ascended and stopped at 800 meters right above Mischa on the bridge. No one realizes Naomi that flew in the sky because they are focused on the smoke. Although the smoke began to thin, it was still thick enough that no one could see past it.

She descended slowly to see when her Telekinses is disturbed. 700 meters, still working normally. 650 meters, still nothing. Naomi continued her slow descent while spreading her arms.

‘Ah~ slowly entering the battlefield. What a nice feeling~’ Naomi thought as she looked below. Mischa was looking at the black smoke in the Avos Island, while Stephen was crossing his arms.

600 meters, nothing unusual. At this height, because Naomi had adjusted her body using Adjustment to be as sensitive and as strong as possible, she felt stare from a distance. 

She looked in the direction of the stare, it was from a building in Tokyo. Naomi focused and squint her eyes to look better and she was greeted by a look of disbelief from the source of the stare.

The source of the stare was a girl with brown hair, lying on her chest while holding a sniper rifle. She has a sunglass rested on her head, and a tattoo of a black crescent moon on her cheek was visible to the public.

‘Is that a tattoo of a crescent moon on her cheek? So she’s one of the members of my organization. I bet she is assigned as support in the mission.’ Naomi nodded her head in Selena’s direction and she replied with a nod too.

‘She can see that far? Quite impressive!’ 550 meters and nothing changed. Naomi slowly entered the 500 meters which she estimated as the limit of Mischa’s ability range.

510 meters and Naomi’s flight was slightly disturbed. She stopped her descend and put her right hand on her chin while her left hand supported her right hand.

‘Hou, 510 meters. So my estimation is close, no my estimation is right. My ability was slightly disturbed at 510 meters, if I enter the range of 500 meters, I will lose my control to fly for sure.’ Naomi pondered what to do in this situation.

‘Well, should we dive i-‘

Boom

An explosion disturbed Naomi’s thought. She turned towards the source of the explosion and saw another black smoke in the location not far from the first one.

“This is… Did they just interrupted my plan to dive into the fight with an explosion?! How dare they ruin my fun!!” Naomi flew higher, gaining height as she flew towards the location of the 2nd explosion. She removed her limit and let pressure washed over the entire Avos Island.

“Let’s show them what happens if they ruin my fun!”

***

Mischa’s POV

Let’s turn back to the point of explosion

“Waa?” I let out a surprised sound when I heard the explosion from behind. But, even if I was surprised, my attention was still focused on Stephen.

“What is that? How dare they disturb me when I was about to have a fight?!” Stephen said as a scowl appeared on his face. He was not looking at me, he looked at something behind me instead.

“That’s not your group?” I asked Stephen for confirmation.

He looked at me and answered. “Nay, we will not do anything without a direct order from Princess.”

‘Princess? Come to think of it, is Mugetsu who he addressed as Princess?’ I began guessing the meaning behind Princess.

“Princess?” I asked, not hoping for any answer from him. But, surprisingly he answered my question.

“Yeah, you guys call Princess by her name, Mugetsu.” He answered with a calm voice. It was almost like he was confident even if any information about his boss, Mugetsu, was revealed they won’t be affected.

As I was organizing my thought he looked at the source of the explosion sound behind me and frowned.

“Hey, how about we delay this for a while? It looks like some troubles were brewing on that island of yours.” He said to me. At first, I consider his claim as a lie, but after looking at him didn’t avert his gaze even a second, I decided to take a look at the situation of Avos Island.

I turned back to see Avos Island and saw a cloud of black smoke rising to the sky.

“Wa? What happened on Avos Island?”

As I said that, the location near the black smoke exploded.

Boom

“Again?!! Stephen is it? Today I will let you off, I have no time to deal with you!” I said without looking back at him and activated my second ability, Adjustment, and reinforced my body to the limit.

I run towards Avos Island at my full speed while apologizing to the truck’s driver which I leave on the bridge. Only a few seconds after I run, a wave of pressure washed over my body. A familiar feeling of oppression made me stopped on my track.

“T-This is?!!” I remember this pressure well, even when I had only encountered this pressure once in my life.

I looked at the sky, the center of this pressure, and saw a girl flying in the sky wearing a black dress and mask.

I gritted my teeth, attempting to resist the pressure, and mouthed a word. “Mugetsu…”



Author Here~

More than 38 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

And big thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- LackOfImagination

203