Chapter 123 – The Storm 9
4.4k 28 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The base of Moon of Akasha was busy that day. With their Princess leaving them with a big task, they do their best to live up to her expectation.

Chi quickly called the usual member that often goes into the mission to the meeting room for a briefing. Although Smiling Sun’s attack won’t happen in a day or two, they were preparing for the worst right now.

Once they are in the meeting room, Chi operated the big screen to show the information about the attack. Chi stood from her seat and said.

“Thank you for responding to our call as fast as you can, our agenda for today is about the new information that we had received from my subordinates who investigated about Smiling Sun’s movement. Please look at the screen.”

Everyone’s attention turned to the screen behind Rekka and Melaine. They had a different reaction, but they are mostly dominated by one thing, Excitement.

“Finally, after a month of waiting. Where is their target?!” Stephen bumped his fists with each other and have a wild smile on his face.

“Finally, brother.”

“Yes, sister.” Ao siblings looked at each other and nodded their heads.

Selena just nodded her head silently while frowning. While Doni, who sat beside Stephen was smiling while cracking his fist. Luna was just sitting on her chair while looking at Chi.

“Hold your excitement for later, I understand why you wanted to have action after all this time. Unfortunately, I will have some of you go undercover near the target for a few days before they are attacking. Stephen and Selena were out of the question because they didn’t hide their face when we attacked the bridge at that time.” Explained Chi.

All of them nodded their head in understanding. Stephen too was nodding his head. He didn’t feel sad or disappointed by that, because he never like going undercover. He likes to confront the enemy from the front. That’s why he didn’t wear his mask in every mission.

After seeing their answer, Chi continued. “Maybe you realized, but Hyun-Woo isn’t here. A few days ago, he investigated the Smiling Sun by himself through the connection that he made in the business.”

After Chi said that, Rekka added. “And we found something interesting from Hyun-Woo’s investigation. There is at least someone in the high-society that was cooperating with the Smiling Sun. From Hyun-Woo’s report, he found that someone.”

Rekka looked at Chi and Chi pressed her holo phone, causing the screen to flicker for a second before showing a face of a middle-aged man.

Everyone was looking at the new face on the screen. The man on the screen has a gray beard and wearing a monocle on his right eye. The monocle has a gold rim and chain which seems expensive from the first look. He doesn’t have any hair on his head, overall he just looked like a normal rich man.

“This guy is the owner of a company in Europa, more especially in Finland.” Chi operated her phone again and now an image of a building appeared beside the photo of the man.

“We managed to get the information of his company from Hyun-Woo’s report. His company deals with aromatic and perfume. But, after investigating a bit more, we found that he deals with Cosmetics and Sampoo too. It seems ordinary at first glance, but they made something more behind those.”

The screen changed once again and show a pinkish-white liquid inside a glass bottle with a logo of three yellow dots inside a white triangle. Everyone in the room was confused by what they see, but they patiently waited for Chi’s explanation.

“This is a new perfume that the company started to distribute to the whole world. It seems ordinary at first glance, but it contains a rather dangerous substance.”

As Chi said that, the door of the meeting room opened and a lanky man wearing a lab coat entered the meeting room.

“They’ve managed to analyze it, Miss Chi!” He shouted as he raised a paper that he held with his right hand.

Chi smiled at that and said. “Bring it to me and take a seat, Jorden.”

Everyone in the room except for Chi and Rekka was confused. Who is that lanky man that Chi called Jorden?

Melaine was also confused. She was never in the base, so she almost didn’t know about anyone in the base. She looked at Chi and asked.

“Who is that man?”

“He’s Jorden. The head researcher that made Princess’ mask and the mask used by the other members. I also asked him to research something from the perfume. Princess already knows about him as she meet us yesterday to get something that she requested.” Answered Chi.

The lanky man, Jorden stopped beside Chi and looked at Melaine. When he saw Melaine, his eyes widened and he has a big smile on his face.

“Oooh! Are you Lady Melaine, the SSS-Ranked Esper?! It’s an honor to meet you.” He politely bowed his head at Melaine.

Melaine looked at Jorden with a flat face. Jorden who raised his head and saw Melaine’s expression was smiling wryly before turning to look at Chi.

“Miss Chi, here is the result of the analysis from the perfume. Our team has managed to find out the extra substance that was added to the perfume. And I must admit, that was terrifying! One of our researchers tried it to himself and we must knock him out before he came back to his senses!” Said Jorden as he handed the paper to Chi.

Chi took the paper and read it. She was frowning after she read all the information contained in the paper.

“Go take a seat, Jorden. You can sit beside Doni. I will ask you to explain about these later.”

“Certainly, Miss Chi.” Answered Jorden. He walked to the seat beside Doni and sat on it. He turned towards Doni and said.

“Hello.”

Doni turned to look at Jorden, nodded his head, and said. “Ah, hello.”

“Now, let’s continue. The dangerous substance that I said earlier, Jorden has found its effect.” As Chi said that, the atmosphere turned heavy and they were expecting Chi’s next words.

But, never in their life, they expect what Chi said next.

“That substance is human blood, the effect, according to Jorden’s team analysis…” Chi paused a little and bit her lips.

She took a deep breath and said seriously. “It’s controlling those who smell this perfume.”



Author Here~

More than 55 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Big Thanks to the new Squad Leader!!
- Edwin
- ace casseus

158