Chapter 161 – Change 7
4.1k 27 143
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New Cover!

Finally, after a long time, we change the cover!

Well, mainly because it's a new arc *cough* so I decided to change it.

Behold!

Commissioned from Just_dit (Instagram) and Edited by yours truly Raizar

New Cover

Naomi went back to Akasa Inc.’s building after she was done eating her meals. The announcement was still around 2 hours away, but Mizuki sent a message to her Holo Phone, saying that there will be an additional guest that will join the announcement.

She was confused and surprised. She didn’t know who the guest was, but Mizuki told her that the guest was someone important from Germany. The guest wanted to help, and she got enough influence over the country.

When she was told about that, Naomi was overjoyed. If someone with enough influence had recognized the Moon of Akasha, she would be able to move freely in Germany.

She parked the car in the parking lot and entered the building. Without stopping, Naomi went to the upper floor and entered the CEO's office.

Inside the office, Rekka and Melaine sat on the right couch while Topaz and Mischa sat on the left couch. Tetsuma was nowhere to be seen while Mizuki sat on a sofa that was now moved near the marble table.

On the other side of Mizuki, there was an empty sofa, so Naomi walked to the sofa and sat on it.

Mischa and Topaz looked at Naomi and let out a sigh.

“What’s wrong?” Asked Naomi as she leaned her head towards Melaine.

Melaine was the only one that will not lie to her, so she asked her.

Melaine put her hand beside her mouth and leaned her head to Naomi.

“It seems that they are tired after looking at the technology that’s used in this building. They said that the technology is too advanced for a single company.”

Naomi let out an “Ah!” and nodded her head.

“That’s reasonable. This company can create a weapon with just one click after all.”

Because she knew the reason for the sigh, Naomi leaned her back against the Sofa's backrest and relaxed herself.

She looked at her mother.

“So, mom. Who is this additional guest?”

“It’s my friend.” Answered Mizuki with a smile.

She then looked at Mischa and continued.

“You brought a beautiful friend to the announcement, so I thought that I will invite my friend too. It’s just fair, right?”

When Mischa looked at Mizuki, she saw Mizuki winked her right eye.

Naomi somehow felt strange. She saw her mother wink at her friend, and it was in front of her subordinate.

Mischa also looked conflicted. She had a wry smile and scratched her cheek with her finger.

Mizuki then looked at Naomi again, put her elbow on the sofa’s armrest, and rested her head on her hand.

“Well, more than that. I believe that my friend will arrive in no time at all.”

As Mizuki said, Naomi felt an unknown Esper pressure near the entrance of Akasa Inc.’s first building. The new Esper was in the parking lot, and Naomi estimated that the Esper’s power was around SS-Rank.

She looked at Melaine and Rekka. They also had noticed the new Esper and nodded their head at Naomi.

Mischa didn’t seem to notice it yet, but Naomi saw her looking towards the window.

The pressure moved towards the building, and at that time Mischa looked at Naomi and asked.

“Is that an Esper entering the building?”

Naomi ignored Mischa and looked at her mother questionably. That Esper was at least SS-Ranked one, and she felt her father was meeting that Esper right now.

“Who is that, mom? To think you have a friend who is an SS-Ranked Esper. It seems I don’t know a lot about you.”

“You are my daughter, so that’s natural, no? The strange one is you, Naomi. Even though you are my daughter, I don’t even know that you have all SSS-ranked Esper under you.”

Mizuki answered Naomi with a grin on her face. Naomi also grinned when she was looking at her mother.

Finally, both of them laughed at the same time.

“Well, I am just too good.” Said Naomi.

For some reason, Melaine crossed her arms and nodded her head repeatedly as if she was confirming Naomi’s word.

“And I am still better than you.” Continued Mizuki.

Mischa was dumbfounded when she saw the exchange between daughter and mother in front of her. She never knew that her friend, Naomi, had this side of her.

She would never know about it if she didn’t come to this place and meet Naomi’s mother.

‘She’s too familiar with her mother. As if they are the exact same copy.’ Thought Mischa.

But, Naomi’s mother, Mizuki, was an ordinary person. She was not an Esper.

Mischa didn’t know how Naomi, the one hailed as the strongest Esper by public right now, had only one Esper parent.

It was strange. She knew that Naomi’s control over her power was inherited from her father, Tetsuma, who was also an instructor of Military Personnel before he became a CEO.

“Lady Naomi, I was familiar with this Esper.”

Melaine suddenly said to Naomi.

Naomi turned her attention at Melaine and saw her put on a serious face.

“I never thought that she will come, but seeing your mother’s connection, I guess that’s not that absurd. But I still have a hard time believing it even though she’s right below me.”

Mizuki was interested in what Melaine’s said.

“Oh, you know who my friend is?” Asked Mizuki.

“Unfortunately, I know.” Melaine shrugged her shoulder.

It was rare for her. Naomi knew that Melaine only shrugged her shoulder if she was in trouble.

“You see, that girl, she’s a bit of an acquaintance. I met that child when she was just a little girl.”

“Is that so? Oh, I see. So you are the aunt that she talked about.” Mizuki clapped her hands happily.

“Aunt? Melaine is?” Asked Naomi as she narrowed her eyes at Melaine.

“Lady Naomi! That’s a misunderstanding!” Melaine quickly raised her voice and waved her hands around.

“She did call me aunt, but it was because she was a little girl at that time!”

“Hooo… Melaine’s niece, huh. I am interested right now. Also, it seems she has arrived.” Naomi said as she smiled.

She didn’t need to look behind her to know about it. The elevator’s door was opened, and a woman with blonde hair and blue eyes stepped out of the elevator with Tetsuma beside her.

The woman looked around 30 years in age. She had wavy hair and she wear a black shirt underneath a black suit and a black skirt. She was tall, around 180cm, so her style suited her.

She was smiling brightly and she looked at Mizuki first.

[Mizuki! It’s been a long time!]

She greeted Mizuki in German, so Naomi didn’t know what she talked about.

[Ingrid, indeed. Long time no see!] Mizuki stood from her sofa and made her way towards the girl she called Ingrid.

Both of them were hugging at each other until finally, Ingrid saw Melaine.

[Eh? Aunt!]

She released her hug with Mizuki and her eyes widened in surprise. Both of her hands covered her mouth and tears welled up on the corner of her eyes.

[Aunt, that’s you, right?! Aunt Melaine!]

Melaine had a troubled expression and glanced at Naomi. Naomi just smiled at her, so she sighed and then looked at Ingrid.

[Don’t call me an aunt! I told you to call me by my name, right! You are an adult now!]

Ingrid’s tears that were welled up now poured out of her eyes as if the dam that stopped it was broken. She jumped at Melaine and hugged her tightly.

[Waaaa! I am glad to see you again, Aunt!]

Melaine was surprised because she was hugged suddenly by a woman a lot taller than her. But, because it was their reunion after being separated for so long, Melaine hugged her back and said.

[Yeah, me too.]

Mizuki who saw them just smiled.

“Mom, who is she?” Asked Naomi.

“Right, I almost forget about it. She’s the person that holds the highest position in German now, Ingrid von Steiner.”

All people in the room looked at the crying woman in Melaine’s arms and had the same thought.

‘Really?!’



Author Here~

More than 60 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

143