Chapter 163 – Change 9
4k 24 154
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The preparation of the announcement went swiftly with the help of Akasa Inc.’s staff and robots. They set up a long table and 4 chairs in front of the building.

They also set some microphones on the table, it looked like a press conference. In front of the table, a few rows of seats were prepared for the reporters or journalists.

“So, let me ask again. The ones who will sit in the chair are me, Naomi, Ingrid, and Naomi’s friend, Mischa, right?”

Mizuki looked at each person in the office when she called their name.

“Yes, that will be fine.” Answered Naomi.

Mischa, who didn’t know anything about the arrangement, was looking at Naomi with a surprised expression.

“Huh? Why me?!” Mischa asked with her voice louder than usual.

“Why not?” Answered Naomi as she smiled at Mischa.

“No, it’s strange. I, who was supposed to be missing, will be seen in the announcement of collaboration between Germany, Akasa Inc., and Moon of Akasha. When you think about it, that’s strange, right? Why don’t I just sit here while Melaine or your right-hand, Homuhara sit beside you?”

Melaine who was usually happy when someone told her to sit beside Naomi was sighing.

“Mischa, you don’t understand it? You are the one who needs to sit in that place.” Said Melaine.

Rekka and Naomi were surprised and looked at Melaine with a strange gaze.

With a worried expression, Naomi asked.

“Melaine, did you eat anything strange? Don’t take candy from a stranger, it’s dangerous.”

Melaine looked at Naomi with disbelief.

“… I’m not. It’s just that. If Mischa appears in the announcement and surprises the audience with her appearance, the impact that we got will be big. Especially after Mischa was announced as the Esper Association’s SSS-Ranked Esper around a month ago.”

Mischa looked at Melaine, surprised by her reasoning.

“That’s true, but…”

“If you are worried about people's opinion, don’t be. Just look at your friend, the reporters in front of you, and believe in yourself. You can choose what will be the best for you.”

Melaine looked straight at Mischa’s eyes with a serious expression. Mischa looked back and then she nodded her head a little.

“Yeah, that’s how it should be, right… Fine, I will sit beside Naomi in the announcement. What should I do after that?”

Mizuki and Ingrid smiled at Mischa’s decision. If Mischa appeared in the announcement with them, they can tell the world that they had 2 Esper with SSS-Ranked power level and Naomi.

To be honest, Mizuki didn’t know how to classify Naomi’s power. If she was an SSS-Ranked Esper, then the others SSS-Ranked like Mischa and Melaine won’t be worthy to be called SSS-Ranked Esper.

That was her evaluation after she looked at the condition of the world when Naomi lost control of her power. The various disasters that struck the world originated from Naomi’s power that went berserk.

A few mountains were destroyed, the ice on Antarctica cracked, a new ravine was created. That was not something that SSS-Ranked Esper could do.

Maybe they could destroy a country or half of the country alone, but they can’t affect a whole world at once.

“Thank you, Mischa.” Said Naomi as she looked at Mischa.

Mischa looked back at Naomi and smiled.

“You’re welcome. It’s my decision to come here in the first place, so I will at least contribute to something.”

“Good! Then it’s decided. I will stand on Lady Naomi’s left while Rekka stands on her right.”

“So that’s what you are aiming for.” Said Naomi with a playful tone as she looked at Melaine.

“Of course! Compared to sitting beside you in the chair which is separated around a meter apart, standing right beside you is the best spot for me.”

Naomi knew about it, there was no way Melaine would give Mischa a spot if she had no other plans.

Mischa’s smile turned into a wry smile and she let out an awkward laugh.

Tetsuma, who stood behind Mizuki, looked out of the window and then he said.

“It looks like the reporters have arrived.”

“Well then, how about we change her clothes first.” Said Mizuki as she looked at Mischa.

Naomi and Topaz also looked at Mischa.

“That’s true. If reporters saw her looking like this, they would not trust anything that she said.” Said Topaz. It was the first time she spoke, mainly because she was an outsider, a reporter.

She was invited inside the room because of her connection with Naomi, and the fact that she was the one who broadcasted the attack on Avos Island and knew the truth.

“Eh?” Mischa let out a weird sound after all the people in the room looked at her.

“Mischa, do you have the bracelet that I put on the table in my hotel room?” Asked Naomi.

“Yes, why?” Mischa answered as she showed the bracelet that Naomi gave in her left hand.

Naomi smiled when she saw that and said.

“Try to press the star.”

Although she was confused, Mischa still reached out to the star gem in her bracelet and pressed it.

When she pressed it, something strange happened. Clothes came out from the bracelet and made their way towards her body.

“Wha-what happened?” Mischa freaked out and stood up instinctively. She tried to stop the clothes, but changed her outfits after she realized it.

Now Mischa wore a white shirt with a black necktie, long black pants held by a belt, and a black suit on top of the shirt.

“Hou.” Mizuki watched the change with a gaze full of interest. She leaned forward and expressed her amazement.

Ingrid, who saw the change of clothes, stroked her chin.

“That was amazing.”

“What happened!” Mischa was still surprised and she touched the suit a few times.

“That was the technology that the scientist in our organization made while utilizing my subordinate's ability. Neat, right?”

Naomi gave Mizuki and Ingrid an evil smile. Both of them understood the advantage of having such technology so they smiled back at Naomi with the same smile.

The three of them laughed creepily, and Mischa who became the center of attention earlier was confused. She sat back and looked at Topaz, the one who sat beside her.

“What just happened?”

“I think they had a strange idea about that technology. I guess I can’t put that in my article.” Answered Topaz.

“Really… girls… Haa-” Said Tetsuma as he sighed.



Author Here~

More than 60 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

154