Chapter 165 – Change 11
3.9k 26 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I guess that’s it for the introduction of our guests in the press conference today. Before we announce something, we will give the time for the reporters to ask the guest. Please keep the question centered around the guest, and please don’t put them in the bind.”

The reporters nodded their heads without saying anything.

It was strange that they asked the reporters to ask a question first instead of having a pointless talk. Usually, the guest of the press conference will have a pointless talk before giving the reporters a chance to ask a question.

The guests usually put themselves above the others with pointless talk and wanted the reporters to look at them in a positive light.

However, the guests this time didn’t do that. They allowed the reporters to ask first before announcing their announcement.

One of the reporters raised his hand and Tetsuma pointed at him.

“Please ask your question in English. Unfortunately, my daughter hasn’t learned the German language yet.”

The reporter nodded his head and then one of Akasa Inc.’s employees handed him a microphone.

“Yes, thank you for the time. My name is Joan from Germany Time Center. I wanted to ask, is Akasa Naomi really Mugetsu? I am sorry for asking the obvious, but there are still some people who don't believe it unless they hear it from the person herself.”

Naomi understood that. After all, she was taking off her mask impulsively and there were only a few people in the location where she took off her mask.

Grabbing the microphone in front of her, Naomi put it near her mouth and spoke.

“That’s true.” The tone that she used was that of Mugetsu because the reporter had asked for confirmation.

She was in the press conference as Mugetsu, not as Akasa Naomi, the normal girl.

Right now she is Mugetsu without a mask, the leader of the Moon of Akasha.

“If you ask whether I am the real Mugetsu or not, I guess my voice is enough. If you are still not convinced, ask the Esper amongst the reporters, I know that they have felt my pressure.”

The reporter named Joan, who asked Naomi earlier, looked at the other reporters that he knew were Espers. He got a confirmation and then he looked back at Naomi.

“Thank you very much.”

Joan handed the microphone back to the employee of Akasa Inc. before sitting back on his chair.

After one question from Joan, a lot of reporters raised their hands one after another.

[Here!!]

“I want to ask a question!”

“Please let me ask!”

A lot of reporters raised their voices and their bodies to get Tetsuma’s attention. Tetsuma was looking at the reporters before sighing a little and taking a deep breath.

He then put his microphone away and shouted.

“SILENCE!!!”

The voice of the reporters died down instantly and they were frozen in place.

After the situation had become silent again, Tetsuma put the microphone near his mouth again and spoke.

“The reporters need to raise their hand, not their voice or their body! This is a press conference, please keep the situation under control.”

The reporters who stood up sat back on their chairs and one of the reporters took this chance to raise his hand.

Tetsuma, who saw that, pointed his hand at the reporter and he stood up. Similar to before, Akasa Inc.’s employee that was on stand-by approached the reporter and handed him a microphone.

The reporter stood up and spoke.

“Thank you for the opportunity. My name is Norman, the reporter from Daily Esper. I wanted to ask, maybe this question will represent almost all the questions that the reporters wanted to ask.”

Norman spoke in a serious tone and he looked at Naomi.

“Can you please tell me, Moon of Akasha, your goal?”

“That’s a good question.” Answered Naomi with a smile.

She put her elbows on the table and put her head on her hands.

“The goal of Moon of Akasha, that went way back before I created my organization and rescued Rekka.”

The atmosphere tensed. Mizuki and Tetsuma were also curious about Naomi, their daughter’s goal when she created the organization that opposed the Esper Association.

“Ah, you can sit down, the story will be a little long .”

The reporter who heard Naomi’s answer sat back on his chair slowly. That was the question that almost all people wanted to ask.

Moon of Akasha’s goal was too mysterious. It was said that only the leader, Mugetsu, knew their goal.

Even their members were only following Mugetsu’s goal without asking anything. But, the people know one thing.

That the Moon of Akasha was hostile towards the Esper Association.

“Well then, at first, there was a little girl who had a dream.” Naomi’s tone turned normal again as she began her story.

“That girl awakened her Telekinesis ability at the age of 7 and she matured faster compared to the girls of her age. She was able to control her ability in only one month, but her parents didn’t know that because the girl hid it.”

The reporters got so engrossed in Naomi’s story that some of them were forgetting to even write a note.

They just looked at Naomi and listened carefully.

“The girl grew up, and she hit the age of 10. She found out that she had another ability, and that was an Adjustment. She was excited that she got two abilities and thought that she finally had a chance to realize her dream. She later found out that her Adjustment was special, she can hide her power level by adjusting it.”

Naomi’s story invited murmurs amongst the crowd. If what she was talking about earlier was true, then that was the reason why the Esper Association was unable to find her.

“The girl’s dream was nothing grandiose. It was a common dream for a girl of her age. She began to read books about evil and secret organizations. She got hooked on the story, as well as lamenting about the fate of the innocent inside the story.”

And now it comes to the important part of the story.

“While enjoying reading the book, she thought again. She wanted to become one, she wanted to realize her dream. She wanted to become a protector of the innocent, a Hero, but she didn’t want to be known. It was a childish dream that she held until she turned 12. When her power level was tested by the Esper Association, she hid her power level. The girl was branded as C-Rank Esper despite her immense ability, and so she wanted to protect the people without showing herself, from a distance.”

Naomi paused a little because the murmur had become louder. She just told them her dream, her goal.

The reporters had a hard time believing that. A girl wanted to become a Hero, but now they had a question.

How did a girl who wanted to become a Hero to the point of hiding her strength become the world's greatest criminal?

“She was excited, but there was nothing that happened in the world, and she got bored. So, the girl tried to find information about crime by hacking into the Esper Association’s network. It was not easy, but she found something.”

The atmosphere tensed further and Naomi changed her tone.

“She found out that the Esper Association was not as good as the people believed. An aspiring Hero that got bored found out that the Esper Association did an inhuman experiment and framed an innocent person. At that moment, the girl remembered the book that she read. In the book, most of the villains got a sad backstory, they were framed, they were ostracized. The girl then decided, she will become a Hero no matter what, even though she knew that she would be branded as a villain, a criminal for her act.”

The reporters’ mouths widened in surprise.

If that was true, they then didn’t know which one was the real evil.

Which one was telling the truth?

“That was the story of mine, Akasa Naomi, as well as my goal. It was to eradicate the Esper Association from this world. To add to that, almost all my subordinates were victims of the Esper Association. Is that answer satisfactory?”

Norman, the reporter who asked the question, was surprised as well as amazed by the story and stood up and said.

“Yes, thank you very much.”



Author Here~

More than 60 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

150