Chapter 169 – Change 15
3.8k 27 148
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi began to use her ability to change the direction of the nukes in the sky.

From what she saw, it was certainly not an ordinary missile, it was a nuke that could flatten the earth with just one of them.

She didn’t know where the nukes came from, so she was aiming to stop the nukes and asked her mother to know the origin of the nukes.

‘They sent me the present, how could I ignore them?’ Thought Naomi.

Her first guess was the US, and her second guess was Japan.

Both countries had nukes, but they were banned 80 years ago after the Esper War at that time.

“Melaine, help me.”

Naomi said slowly, without any sign of getting impatient.

“I’m on it, Lady Naomi.”

As soon as Melaine said that, the nukes were visibly slower. From their normal speed which could reach more than 200mph to around 20mph.

The reporters were marveling at Melaine’s power. But Melaine, as the one who had a good brain in her head knew Naomi’s objective.

SSS-Ranked Esper had a different way of thinking. That was not confirmed yet, but from their power alone, they were indeed different from normal Esper.

The nukes that flew slower slowly made their way to the ground.

Naomi only knew a little about nukes, mainly because she read the data in the database of Akasa Inc. out of curiosity.

But she knew that as long as the warhead didn’t make contact with the ground and some liquid inside the nukes were separated, the nukes won’t explode.

She slowly operated her Telekinesis to achieve that. She surrounded the nukes’ warhead with Telekinesis armor just in case and slowly brought them to the ground.

Five nukes were now flying above everyone’s head.

Mizuki, Tetsuma, and surprisingly Ingrid began to observe the nukes. Melaine also joined them, as she was familiar with nukes because she lived in the age where nuke was not banned yet.

“Hmm, I couldn’t find the identification from these nukes. They took it off, huh?” Mizuki said as she inspected all the nukes with eyes full of curiosity.

“So we won’t be able to track it down?” Asked Naomi.

Mizuki grinned and touched one of the nukes.

“No, we will track it using satellite by looking at their trajectory. We will be able to find the ones who shot these nukes to us. However, are these nukes neutralized?”

Naomi nodded her head at Mizuki’s question.

The reporters were ignored, but they knew that this was a crucial time. They were just attacked, so it was normal for them to be ignored.

Unexpectedly, Tetsuma noticed it and then he said to the reporters.

“Eh, I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I think the press conference today is enough. Please send us inquiries if you wanted to interview us again, thank you very much.”

It was a reasonable decision to end the press conference. But he added that the reporters could interview them anytime, so they were satisfied with the result.

“Don’t worry about it, Mr. Akasa. We understand the situation. I hope we can see you again later.”

Rodiguez thanked Tetsuma sincerely. The other reporters and journalists followed suit and they began to tidy their equipment up before leaving the place.

As soon as the reporters, journalists, and cameramen left the place, Tetsuma began to gather Akasa Inc.’s guards and ordered them to secure the area.

Ingrid also moved fast and sent her order to her subordinate to look for the origin of these nukes.

Mischa had nothing to do, so she made her way to Melaine and Rekka who just stood calmly on the side.

“Those are nukes? Isn’t it dangerous for them to touch it?”

Maybe it was caused by curiosity or worry, but Mischa can’t calm down when she stood near the nukes.

“Yeah, they are really dangerous.” Melaine answered while looking at the nukes.

She looked at them with narrowed eyes, as if these nukes brought bad memories for her.

“Those weapons were banned because they are dangerous. But, who shot 5 nukes at the same time? Are they crazy?”

Melaine gritted her teeth in anger. She didn’t think that there was still a country that shot nukes in a situation like this.

“Eh, you didn’t think that the one who shot these nukes is the Esper Association?”

Mischa was confused. Their enemy was clearly the Esper Association, but they didn’t even suspect the Esper Association at all.

Although she was attending Avos School, Mischa’s education was strictly controlled by the Esper Association since childhood.

She had a lot of things that she didn’t know, even the basic knowledge about nukes abandonment.

Hence, Rekka explained.

“The Esper Association have no nukes because they are afraid of it. No Esper, except for Lady Naomi and Melaine would be able to stop nuke, so the Esper Association banned those nukes around 75 years ago after the situation became calmer.”

“I see, so that’s the case. But, this means that there is a 3rd party who wanted to kill us?”

Melaine and Rekka nodded their head at the same time.

“I believe so. The fight between organizations almost turns into a full-blown war between countries, what a development.”

Melaine scoffed at the possibility of the war. She hates them. But, in this situation, war couldn’t be avoided.

“War?!” Mischa raised her voice. She never thought of that, but when she thinks about it again, the war would happen if Naomi couldn’t stop the nukes.

A country sent nukes to Germany, there was no way the military of Germany would accept that.

“Fortunately that was avoided.” Said Rekka as he smiled at Mischa.

“We can’t stand idly though, we need to move too.”

As they were talking about it, a phone ringed from Rekka’s pocket.

“Ah, excuse me for a moment.”

He took out the phone and answered the call. He didn’t bother to walk away because there was nothing to hide from Melaine and Mischa, the individuals trusted by Naomi.

“It’s me… I see, thank you, Julia.”

“Is that love call, Rekka?” teased Melaine as she giggled at Rekka.

Rekka smiled wryly and looked at Melaine.

“No way. Julia just told me that Millie Taylor and the girl that Lady Naomi brought to the base had regained their consciousness.”

“Hmm, look like there will be no rest for Lady Naomi today.”

Millie Taylor, the supposed mastermind behind the Riot.

However, Naomi brought her back to her base.

‘Is there something that I don’t know?’ thought Mischa.

She then turned to Naomi, only to see something that she wasn’t supposed to see.

A pair of mother and daughter smiled at each other dangerously while muttering something.



Author Here~

More than 60 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

148