Chapter 210 – Prelude to War 26
2k 7 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi escorted Mischa to the third floor, where their personal booth was located.

He ordered a VIP ticket in the Grand Tier row A, right in the middle, where the price was astronomically high. However, to get the best experience of the opera, Naomi didn’t care about money as long as it was well spent. The distance to the stage didn’t matter for both of them, as they could enhance their sight to see better.

After walking for a while, Naomi found his seat beside a middle-aged couple that was looking at him and Mischa in the lobby. He noticed them because they were clearly giggling and talking about a young couple, which obviously was them.

The middle-aged couple also noticed them, as the woman in the blue dress exclaimed, “My! Aren’t you the young couple that we saw earlier? Fufufu, nice to meet you.”

She sat right beside Naomi’s seat. Her husband, a man in a tuxedo, also looked at Naomi and Mischa, who sat in their seats.

“Hello.” He smiled as he greeted them.

Naomi was somewhat happy when the couple called them a couple, and he greeted them back.

“Hello. It’s nice to meet you too.”

On the other hand, Mischa was embarrassed as her face turned pinkish. However, she was still able to greet the couple back with a nod.

“I-it’s nice to meet you too.”

Being called a couple when she was with Naomi was… somehow didn’t feel wrong for Mischa. Rather, she was embarrassed because she was happy.

“Fufufu. It’s nice… being young.” The woman chuckled while covering her mouth with an ornamental fan.

“What are you saying, Lady? You are still quite young yourself. You’re still beautiful, and no one in the room can match your beauty.” Praised Naomi.

The woman was giggling happily at Naomi’s praise.

Meanwhile, Mischa felt strange. She didn’t like it when she saw Naomi talk with other people, especially when she heard Naomi praising a woman for being the most beautiful one in the room. She never felt this feeling. She felt a bit offended, and she didn’t want to hear it even though she knew that Naomi only flattered the woman beside him.

She nudged Naomi’s sleeve unconsciously while glancing at his face.

The woman noticed Mischa’s gaze and closed her fan, reassuring her.

“My, young lady, I won’t take your boyfriend away from you; he only flattered me by saying that. I have my wonderful husband beside me.”

“Hahahaha. It’s really nostalgic. I remembered that my wife also acted like you when I flattered another girl when we were young.” Chimed the husband.

“Eh… N-no… S-He is not my boyfriend! He’s just my friend!” Flustered, Mischa denied the husband’s claim while shaking her hands in front of her.

Once again, Naomi found Mischa’s gesture to be cute. He wanted to tease her again; hence, he put on a sad face and said.

“Mischa… Are you really saying that? How about the thing that I told you about that time? When I said, I wanted to be with you.”

“You are saying that because you wanted me to stay! Please, Naomi, don’t say some misleading thing!”

“But that’s true, right?”

“T-that’s… indeed true. But, calling you a boyfriend is…”

Naomi grinned at Mischa; she leaned closer against her ear and whispered. “Then, how about I become your girlfriend later.”

“Uh…” Mischa grunted. “T-that… I…”

“You don’t need to answer now, Mischa. I can always wait for you... we have a lot of time.

As Naomi and Mischa whispered to each other, the woman muttered curiously, “Hmm? Mischa and Naomi?” Her expression changed considerably, but she shook her head while smiling. “No, there is no way.”

Naomi heard the woman’s muttering and turned to her.

“Hahaha, well, my name is indeed Naomi, while she is called Mischa. This name is rather common in Japan and Russia. Many people seem to be afraid of the name after the terrorist called Mugetsu revealed her real identity.”

“That’s true. I am sorry if I offended you, young Naomi.” The woman apologized.

“Don’t worry about it, lady. I am used to it. Also, because I am a boy, no one ever mistakes my identity as the Naomi that many people know.”

“What he said is correct. Those two names are indeed famous, but how could you mistake him as the leader of the Moon of Akasha when he is clearly a boy? We didn’t even have enmity against the said girl.” Asked the husband.

“I guess I was just paranoid. I was just curious.” Answered the woman. “Also, it seems the opera is starting. Let’s just enjoy the show, shall we? Once again, please forgive me, young man.”

“It’s not a problem, lady. I don’t mind. Let’s just enjoy the show,” Answered Naomi.

He turned his attention to the stage. He was curious about the opera show as he had never watched one before.

Mischa, who considered Naomi’s question seriously, was restless. She couldn’t focus on the show as she looked at Naomi’s face.

‘What did she mean by that?’

At first, she thought that Naomi was only teasing her all this time. She only considered what Naomi did as a joke. His gesture, words, and expression when he talked to the lady beside him, she only thought him to be joking about the whole couple thing.

However, when he whispered in her ear, she instantly knew that Naomi was not joking. She didn’t want to brag, but she considered herself to know almost anything about Naomi. She was Naomi’s friend, the first real friend.

Naomi was even mad and lost control of his ability when he found out what the Esper Association did to her. She had a clue about what Naomi thought of her. Love. She didn’t want to consider it as feeling in love with someone who had a same-gender was strange.

But, when Naomi was turned into a boy, she slowly realized her feelings. Naomi also seemed to realize his feelings and began to approach her more actively, similar to what Melaine did when she was acting around Naomi.

‘Ah…’ Mischa gasped inside her mind, ‘I… I love Naomi. That’s why I want to be with her… That’s why I wanted to help her. That’s also why I didn’t mind joining her group at that time.’

At the same time, the actors and actresses began to go up to the stage, preparing for the performance of the Phantom of the Opera.

‘I really love her.’

Naomi noticed that Mischa was looking at him. He turned to Mischa and asked quietly. “What?”

Mischa smiled at him and shook her head. “Nothing.” She turned her gaze to the stage. The opera begins with the act of the actors who seem to be in an auction, auctioning some strange items.

“The show is interesting.” Muttered Mischa.

Naomi couldn’t understand what was going on inside Mischa’s mind. He decided not to think about it and focused on the stage. “Is that so?”



Author Here~

More than 100 Advanced chapters (For all of my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

Big Thanks for the new Squad Leader!
- Saidwain
- Michael

93