Chapter 218 – Prelude to War 34
1.7k 5 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi looked at two girls who kneeled in front of her and Mischa. They looked guilty.

Dan-Bi was looking at the floor while Anna was looking away, refusing to meet Naomi’s gaze as she whistled, or at least trying to whistle.

“So, what are you trying to do? Look at me in my eyes, Anna.” Naomi asked as she crossed her legs. Her figure was now more intimidating than before due to the growth spurt that happened after she changed back from Angella’s ability.

Under her intimidation, Anna, who pretended to whistle, broke out in cold sweat. She slowly turned her head to stare at Naomi and let out a wry chuckle.

“Ha-hahaha… I-it’s nothing… I-I was only playing with Dan-Bi.”

This time, Naomi turned to Dan-Bi and asked. “Is that true, Dan-Bi? You can tell me the truth.”

“I…” Dan-Bi appeared to be nervous. She kept glancing between Naomi and Dan-Bi back and forth. “I…”

Looking at her, Naomi sighed. “I am not angry, Dan-Bi. Just… I was confused about what you guys were trying to do. If Anna didn’t say anything like ‘It seems our plan has failed.’ I won’t even say anything to you girls.”

“Ugh…” Anna grumbled, realizing her mistake.

Mischa laughed a little beside Naomi. Anna noticed that and glanced at her. Her lips made a small movement that gestured to Mischa by wordlessly saying, ‘Help me.’

Naomi noticed that and glared at Anna before saying, “No.”

Anna dejectedly looked down, and Naomi turned to look at Dan-Bi again.

“So, what were you girls doing earlier?”

“About that…” Dan-Bi raised her head and looked at Naomi. Her expression was better than before, and she appeared to regain her calm. “Anna, she–“ However, before she could explain it to Naomi, Anna blocked her mouth with her hands.

“Shh! Don’t tell her, Dan-Bi!”

“Anna,” Naomi called out with a cold tone. Her gaze that stared right at Anna was like ice; it froze anyone who stared at her eyes.

Anna felt a shiver down her spine as she quickly jumped back to her position. Her hands were placed on her thighs, and she shivered like a cornered little animal.

“I’m sorry…” Anna muttered in a low voice.

“What are you sorry for?”

“Ugh… I was planning something unnecessary and got caught by you, Princess.”

“And, what is your plan?” Asked Naomi, her tone already turned normal seeing Anna meekly kneeling in front of her.

She was expecting Anna to tell her the truth after cornered her this much.

“Ugh, about that… I can’t tell you! I will never tell you about it even if you are angry at me!” Anna threw her face away and pouted.

It seemed serious, or at least that was what Naomi thought.

‘Is there some problem if I know about it?’

As it seemed like Anna wouldn’t give her the answer that she sought, she turned to Dan-Bi again.

“Can you tell me, Dan-Bi?”

“Yes…”

Right after Dan-Bi answered Naomi, Anna moved her head at a fast speed. Her neck turned around like a whip as she stared at Dan-Bi in disbelief. She looked as if her best friend had betrayed her. Her eyes glistened with tears, and her jaw dropped.

“But, considering that I don’t know a lot, I don’t think I can satisfy you with my answer, Princess.”

“Dan-Bi… how could you!” Murmured Anna.

Naomi ignored her and beckoned Dan-Bi. “Do tell me.”

“Yes… The thing is, Anna wanted to play around with me by imitating Princess and Mischa, so we wore a suit and a dress and danced in front of the house as if we were lovers.” Dan-Bi glanced at Anna as she explained things to Naomi.

“Ugh… how could you!”

Naomi’s eyes widened a little without anyone noticing. ‘Lovers?’ she thought inside. But, her thought was shouted out loud by Mischa, whose face turned red out of embarrassment.

“Lovers?!”

Naomi glanced at her and caught Mischa being flustered. Her hands were flailing around, and she lost her usual calmness.

Anna blinked her eyes repeatedly at the sight of Mischa and thought. ‘Is this my chance?!’

Dan-Bi gave her a thumb up quietly and smiled a little.

Naomi noticed all their exchanges. This time, she let them be because it seemed to be interesting.

‘So that’s how it is.’

She realized what they were trying to do. Was her feeling toward Mischa that obvious to the others? Maybe because she had never done something like this before, so they noticed it? Anyway, this might be a good chance for her.

Not only did this give her a push to advance her relationship with Mischa, but it would also give her an excuse if anything went wrong.

Naomi grinned at Anna and Dan-Bi while muttering. “Do whatever.” She was essentially giving them the green light to help her relationship.

Their expression brightened in an instant, and Anna made a small gut pose behind her back. She then glanced at Dan-Bi and whispered, “Thanks.” All without the knowledge of Mischa, who was flustered and dived inside her own world.

“Hey, Mischa. Snap out of it.” Naomi patted Mischa on the shoulder, which was answered with a short yelp.

“Eek!” Her body jolted a little before she noticed Naomi. “Eh? Naomi? Huh?” She was confused after she was snapped out of her thoughts. She blinked her eyes repeatedly.

“Snap out of it. Why are you getting flustered?”

“Eh? Hmm… Well… That's not important, no? How about their plan?” Mischa tried to divert the conversation. She pointed at Anna and Dan-Bi, hoping that Naomi would take her bait.

As Naomi had gotten interested in Anna and Dan-Bi’s plan, she purposely let herself get distracted by Mischa and turned to Anna and Dan-Bi.

“Oh, them? I have already decided on their punishment.” She winked her right eye at Mischa’s blind spot. Only Anna and Dan-Bi saw her winks. They immediately knew what Naomi’s intention was and proceeded to fool Mischa by acting scared.

“P-Princess… P-please not skydive.” Begged Dan-Bi.

“S-Skydive?!” Anna shouted as her eyes bulged. She turned to Naomi with tears at the corner of her eyes. “P-Please not that, Princess! I am afraid of heights!”

Their acting was flawless, unlike what they did earlier. They were nervous about getting Naomi’s wrath when they were dancing earlier, so they couldn’t bring forth the best of their ability.

However, they had her permission this time. So they were able to exert their best acting ability.

“Hmm, what should I do?” And Naomi’s acting was flawless as always. She was natural at it. “Well, as you guys didn’t do anything dangerous, I will let it slide for this time.”

“Really?!” Anna asked with a gaze full of hope.

“Yes.” Naomi nodded her head.

They high-fived Naomi’s answer and shouted. “Yeay!”

Their excitement looked real, and Mischa smiled at them. “Good things you girls are not punished, huh?”

“Yeah!” Anna shouted as she picked herself up, followed by Dan-Bi. “Well then, I have something to do with Dan-Bi, so I will leave first, Princess, Mischa!” She ran away while waving her right hand.

Dan-Bi was more courteous than Anna. She bowed her head a little before walking away, not forgetting to exchange some gestures with Naomi.

‘This will be interesting, I think.’ Thought Naomi as she watched them leave.



Author Here~

More than 100 Advanced chapters (For all of my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Order an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!!

86