Chapter 243 – Above the Cloud 18
1.3k 7 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Excuse me?” Eveline said in surprise. She had never thought that Naomi suddenly asked a rather confusing question.

And another reason she was surprised was the question Naomi asked was on the spot. She indeed had some goals for approaching Naomi.

‘I see. So this is the Lieutenant-General. Her title as the Worst Esper really doesn't suit her. She’s a genius in all aspects, including her intelligence.’ Eveline thought as she analyzed Naomi, who stared at her.

She couldn’t control her trembling. Even her father, the General, had no such presence.

‘My decision isn’t wrong.’ She smiled. Her right hand clutched her left, trying to calm herself down.

Naomi’s gaze was really crushing her, but she was excited by the prospect that Naomi held. She had proven that Naomi was not naïve by confronting her directly and guessing her intention.

“I will ask once more. What is your intention of getting close to me, First Lieutenant?”

“My intention, is it?” Eveline asked in a low voice, but she couldn’t hide her excitement anymore.

Indeed, Naomi was over-idolized by the soldiers. But that was because of her crushing strength. No one knew the extent of Naomi’s intelligence, but now Eveline knew.

“My intention is not too complicated, Lieutenant-General. Rather, it is just something that everyone pursues.”

So she didn’t hide it any longer. It was useless after all. In front of someone who could see through her intention in one look, hiding something would turn that person hostile. The best move was to come clean, hoping that the person wouldn’t be offended.

“And what is that thing that everyone pursues, First Lieutenant. Just you know that I am not that everyone because I don’t understand what you mean.” Naomi said as she crossed her legs.

The pressure that she radiated earlier was lessened, and Eveline had stopped shaking. She sighed in relief as she looked straight at Naomi’s eyes.

“I am aware. You are definitely special, Lieutenant-General Naomi. I have never met someone like you.” She smiled sweetly.

“I want to rise in Rank in the military. I want to be recognized for what I did, and I saw that chance when I met you in the cafeteria. In short, I intend to get closer to you because I want to use your position to rise in Rank more easily. Being a secretary of the General can’t guarantee my position, so I plan to become your right hand in the Military.” She explained.

She had explained her intention. Her hands were now tied. Everything rested on Naomi’s decision.

Nervous, Eveline hoped that everything would be alright. From what she heard, Naomi was a bit ruthless in punishing someone. Heck, she heard from Major Tetsuma that somehow his daughter loved to punish her subordinates by making them skydive.

“Hmm…” Naomi hummed. She looked at Eveline with a bored look. “You… you’re not fun, huh?” She sighed, disappointed.

“What?” Eveline let out a dumb voice as she was surprised by Naomi’s answer.

She had thought that Naomi would answer with anger or with something else. But surely, she never expected that Naomi would answer in disappointment.

“Did you not hear what I said? Your intention is so cliché. It’s boring.” Naomi continued, putting her legs down. “Is that your real intention? Tell me without hiding anything, First Lieutenant. I know that you want something more than that.” She leaned her body to the front as she supported her head with her hands.

Naomi’s mouth turned into a big grin as she stared at Eveline.

‘How?’ Eveline couldn’t believe it. She wasn’t lying to Naomi, only hiding a part of her intention. But Naomi was able to guess it too. ‘She’s really terrifying.’

“I can’t win against you, Lieutenant-General. I am not lying when I say I want to rise in Rank.”

“But that’s only a part of your intention. You need to rise in rank to achieve your goal, no?” Naomi guessed.

Shrugging her shoulders, Eveline put on a different kind of expression. A cunning smile replaced her sweet, professional smile.

“Indeed, that’s true.”

She had finished pretending and gauging Naomi’s strength. It seemed like even a faint lie was useless in front of the individual known as Akasa Naomi.

“But I have already achieved my objective on my first day, and I have decided on something.” She said, pulling out a recorder from her chest pocket.

In fact, she had recorded most of their conversation to serve as a sort of evidence for her goal.

“Hmm, is that so? So, what is your opinion about me? Did I exceed your expectations by a lot? I am fit to be the Lieutenant-General, no?”

“Yes. Truthfully, I am rather surprised. How did you guess my goal, my objective, easily?”

“Let’s say that I am experienced in something like that.” Naomi stood up, walking toward her working desk. She sat comfortably and put her elbow on the armrest, head on hands. “You are rather… obedient. That’s why I can somehow guess your intention.”

“I see.” Eveline nodded. She noted to herself to fix what she lacked. “So you’re saying that I need to be more… rebellious if I want to know someone better?”

Naomi rolled her eyes slightly, “Rebellious isn’t the correct word. Let’s see… you need to grumble a bit as if you hate being near that person. That way, your acting will be rather close to perfect.”

“I will note your advice. So, Lieutenant-General. Even if I am under the order of the General to probe into your capability, I still did something impolite and rude.” Eveline stood from her seat and put her right hand above her heart before continuing. “If you want to punish me, I will take any kind of punishment.”

‘Including the skydiving that Major Tetsuma talked about.’ She added inside her mind.

She was waiting for Naomi to tell her to skydive, but Naomi’s next words were not what she had expected, again.

“No. I will not punish you.” Naomi said. “Instead…”

“Yes?” Eveline listened closely.

“… Bring me more meals in the future. You were the one who cooked those meals, right?” Naomi smiled.

Hearing Naomi’s kind words, Eveline’s eyes widened for an instant before her mouth curled into an embarrassed smile.

“Certainly. I will bring more meals in the future.”

“Good! Then I am counting on you for that, First Lieutenant Eveline.”

“Me too, ma’am,” Eveline answered, slightly happy because she wasn’t punished.

‘So she’s kind too. I will add that to my report.’ Thought Eveline silently.


Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

65