Chapter 283 – Same but Different Dream 15
762 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The one who would go to the Isle of Man had been decided. There were only three people, with Eveline as support from the base.

“Are you sure you guys are going to be okay?” Nicolas asked worriedly.

At first, the plan was to deploy the special Squad under Tetsuma’s training to help them, but Naomi refused their help. She said that those number guys should be deployed elsewhere, helping the country's defense.

To rescue Mizuki and Melaine, she herself was enough. Not to mention, Mischa was also with her, helping her. Tetsuma also tagged along because he was the one responsible for this mission and knew the details of the plan.

Speaking of Mischa, she said she needed to go somewhere first and returned wearing the latest combat suit from Akasa Inc., complete with a weapon such as a gun and combat knife.

Now they were in front of the base, ready to take off to the Isle of Man.

“I guess we will be alright. I will be the one to breach their defense, so Naomi and little Mischa can enter without worry. I think no one but Avos will be able to stop them.” Tetsuma said, looking at Naomi and Mischa on his right.

“Based on what the Esper Association has in hand. Even I alone can fight 20 of their Public Defenders at the same time.” Mischa said, looking proud of her ability.

Naomi only smiled, looking at her. She then turned to Eveline and nodded slightly. “I am hoping for your assistance. Please tell me if there is any change of her location immediately so I won’t accidentally destroy that part of that place with my ability.”

She pointed at the earpiece in her ear. Mischa and Tetsuma had a similar earpiece, and it was all connected to each other. It was used for quick contact.

“I see. You do have Lieutenant-General Naomi, who played around with the special Squad as if they were a child with you, after all. Also, even if I don’t know Miss Mischa Belyaeva’s ability, I heard she’s quite an excellent Esper. I am counting on you, Tetsuma. This plan will decide the flow of the war.”

“You can leave it to us.” Tetsuma answered as he saluted Nicolas.

Nicolas and Eveline also saluted back, and then the General said, “I wish you luck.”

***

Inside a mansion on the Isle of Man, three important people sat around a round table filled with sweets and side dishes. One of them was a man with white hair, while the other two were women of status.

The atmosphere was relaxing. The man drank the hot tea with grace, similar to the middle-aged woman on the side. However, the beautiful black-haired woman was only looking at them calmly.

They might look like they were having a tea party if someone looked at them. But the reality wasn’t that cherry. They had no tea party. Instead, they were a kidnapper and two kidnapped women who were now being searched by the one so-called Worst Esper in the world.

The man put the empty cup on the table, then a beautiful woman wearing a white suit appeared at his side, pouring tea from a teapot carefully.

When the cup was full, the man looked at his side. “Thank you, Lucilla.”

Hearing the gratitude from the man, the woman smiled sweetly and bowed her head. “It’s my job, Lord Avos. Please excuse me.” Saying that the woman disappeared quietly, not even making a sound.

“Hmm… Teleportation? No. She’s just moving fast. You have quite a subordinate, Avos.” The middle-aged woman with dignity complimented the man, Avos, as she put her half-empty cup on the table.

“Hahaha, not as much as you, Your Majesty. Your Prime Minister and the Chief of Police are good too. We have trouble making sure they feel at home in the other building.” Avos laughed slightly. Then he turned to the black-haired woman.

“Please don’t worry about my love and the teleporter lady too. I have them in my home, so I know that my love will get used to them instantly. She lived in that place for a while, after all.” He added.

His tone was friendly, and he didn’t look like a bad guy. But, the black-haired woman, Mizuki, noticed something.

‘This man coated his poisonous words with a sweet-sounding tone. So this is Avos? The guy that we tried to take on?’

Even she hadn’t met someone like this before. How could he say something so dangerous in such a calm manner? He didn’t even waver, and his tone was clear. He sounded so honest that Mizuki wanted to trust what she heard.

Usually, people’s voices would waver and be distorted when they tried to do something bad or lie. But Avos had nothing like that. He was like telling Mizuki a story, the truth. It was a skill that even Mizuki couldn’t replicate.

‘How terrifying.’

But she was still a woman who managed to grow Akasa Inc. into the giant they were now. So she was able to keep her calm and answered the leader of the Esper Association.

“I am thankful for that. Our Melaine is quite troublesome, so she usually won’t be satisfied with something unfamiliar. As for Miss Hotaru… Maybe Her Majesty knows her preference better? I have yet to bond with Miss Hotaru, sadly.”

“Don’t worry about our Abel. She’s quite an easy-going girl. Maybe right now, she’s already eating some burgers in London. Or she might even take some of your valuables with her. Fufufufu.”

The two women looked at each other with hidden intentions. Their words were also coated in something else entirely. If Naomi saw them, she would certainly think these two women were scary and try to imitate them in the future.

But sadly, Avos was someone who had lived for more than 8 decades. He was an old monster with both knowledge and experience.

“Please don’t worry. I already made sure they would enjoy their stay for a long time. Even if someone knocks on the door, they certainly don’t want to leave. I can assure you that.” He crossed his legs, looked at both women whose expressions fell from their faces, and smirked.

Then suddenly, the atmosphere turned tense as the area around them stopped moving. The lush green leaves outside that were hit by the wind earlier froze. Mizuki noticed two girls with similar appearances standing behind Avos.

The said man’s eyes narrowed as he said, “Let’s just end this farce. I will tell you what I want. Then I will release both of you. I have no time for this.”

Mizuki gulped and steeled herself. The Queen also looked serious, as she said.

“And what do you want, Avos?”

Avos glanced at the Queen for a while, then looked out of the frozen world through the window. His eyes were filled with sadness, and he opened his mouth.

“I want Akasa Naomi. Give me that girl, and I will disappear from this world. As when I have that girl…”

He turned to Mizuki, who was glaring at him with a look that could kill someone. But the leader of the Esper Association ignored her and continued.

“… my long dream to become a Hero can finally be realized. So give me Akasa Naomi, and I will return to my world to realize my dream.”

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

32