Chapter 289 – Same but Different Dream 21
697 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

At the same time, when Naomi, Mischa, and Tetsuma went to the Isle of Men to rescue Queen Elizabeth and Mizuki, the alarm in the underground base rang uncontrollably, warning the people about a danger that was approaching them.

“Chi, what’s the situation?”

Inside a room with a lot of monitors, three people were inside. They were Rekka, Chi, and Hyun-Woo. Rekka looked at the monitor and asked Chi, who was operating the keyboard, to find the cause that triggered the alarm.

The three wore an earpiece connected to all earpieces given to squad leaders of the Moon of Akasha, including Hanz and Selena’s squad.

One of the monitors showed General Nicholas’ face, as apparently the alarm inside the Military Base was also triggered.

They had the same system installed, and only a few things triggered the alarm. An invasion of people outside the country.

“I have yet to find out the cause. General, does the Military have found the cause yet? Which area has been breached?” Chi asked the General with a serious face as she kept looking for the breached area.

Even the injured Stephen got up from his bed and prepared to fight with the others. Doni and the Ao siblings also joined Stephen, full of energy, even though they had just returned from their mission and were still exhausted.

[We’ve yet to find the cause, but we lost contact with one of our Stealth Squad which was stationed around Basel.]

“Around the border with Switzerland and France?”

[Correct. France is a neutral country, so I am not thinking much, but… Because it is a neutral country, the Esper Association could also enter it freely.]

“Indeed.” Chi nodded. “We will send people to that place. How about the Military?”

[I have sent people to Stuttgart and Nuremberg. But there is something that I am wondering about.]

“Me too.”

[So you’ve noticed it too.] General Nicholas smiled. [Why did they attack from Basel if they can attack from Poland, straight to Berlin, where our headquarter is located?]

“That’s what I want to ask as well. But our enemy is the Esper Association. They have people everywhere.” Chi added.

[Well then, Moon of Akasha. I wish luck to you guys.]

“Likewise, General. Please contact us using this connection if you need something. I will always be here in case something happens.”

The General nodded and cut off his connection. Chi sighed and operated the monitor to show the recording from the area around Basel.

“Did you find anything?” Rekka asked anxiously from behind.

“Nothing.” Chi shook her head. “I believe they only made a diversion in Basel. General Nicholas’ movement is correct. But he had forgotten one city with a lot of history and beer production. Munich.”

“Do you think the Esper Association will target that place?” Hyun-Woo asked. His expression was also serious.

“I am positive that they will attack that place. There is another reason why I am so sure about it.”

“Is it because of the said history?”

“That, and a lot of people are living there. They can take those people as hostages and such. Besides, Munich is one of the farthest cities from Berlin. That would explain the reason why they didn’t target Berlin in the first place.”

“They wanted to split our force.” Rekka narrowed his eyes, to which Chi answered with a simple nod.

“We can’t send you there, Rekka. Without Princess, you and Hyun-Woo are the strongest Esper here. We must defend our base, the last stronghold. The force that attacked Basel must be only PD officers and one of the dolls. I don’t believe they will send Executives or more than a doll in that operation.”

“I know.” Rekka nodded while biting his lips. “Then, who could go there? Someone strong enough to only take a few people to stop the PD defenders and a doll.”

“Um, I have someone in mind, but… I don’t know if you guys will send him or not. This is also a chance to see whether he is really on our side or not.”

“Angella?” Chi asked.

Certainly, that person was an SS-Rank Esper. But from what she knew, his ability wasn’t suited for battle. They were more suited for experiments and such. The rainbow fog he used only changed the opponent’s gender without doing anything to them.

Chi was a bit skeptical about sending that man to Munich. The probability of Munich getting attacked was higher than Berlin, which was why she wanted to send someone trustworthy to that city. Not to protect the city but to stop the Esper Association from taking hostages.

She was hesitant, and Hyun-Woo noticed that.

“Maybe because you are too busy, you never talked to Angella, but I have talked to him a few times. He even helped me to command people under me to work more efficiently.” Hyun-Woo said. His eyes were serious as he looked at Chi.

“At one point, he mentioned his ability. His rainbow fog could indeed change a person’s gender. But there is more to it. He can add a chemical or something that he wants inside the rainbow fog. For example, he can bring poison and mix it with his ability, controlling it with his ability. If he does that…”

“Then stopping even a thousand people isn’t even a problem.” Chi touched her chin and continued. Her eyes widened in surprise. “Does that mean he can control any fog that makes contact with his ability? Any kind of fog and dust?”

“That’s what he said.” Hyun-Woo nodded. “Besides, isn’t this a chance to know whether he’s really our ally or not? We can also send Selena’s squad with him to know about that. I believe Selena’s squad is strong enough to stop Angella if he betrayed us. How is it?”

Chi was silent for a few seconds, and so was Rekka.

Hyun-Woo’s idea was actually not bad at all. They could confirm whether Angella was truly their ally or not. Even if he betrayed them, Selena’s squad, with their new combat suit, could stop Angella before they got poisoned.

They were also strong enough and could mobilize everywhere they needed because of Luna. The girl could open a portal every 5 minutes, and the squad strong enough to be able to hold on in a battlefield for 5 minutes even if they got ambushed was Selena’s squad.

After considering it for a while, Chi finally nodded her head.

“Alright. Tell them to get ready to move. Their objective is to hold or exterminate the invader before they can enter Munich. If there is no invader in Munich, ask them to retreat after staying in the city for 24 hours. Is that clear?”

“I will tell them,” Hyun-Woo replied with a smile.

Author Here~

More than 20 Advanced chapters (For this series)  available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

29