Chapter 17
1.1k 8 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For those who didn't know, I decided to edit  the part after Madara left from the previous chapter because... Yeah it's weird that Kurama doesn't feel surprised there if I plan to write more about their surprise in this chapter.

Spoiler

'Certainly Madara wasn't in his prime, I knew that far after watching the fight. But how? How did he get that eye!? his eye were previously a mangekyou does that mean he awakened the rinnegan? But how? Did it have to do with him being younger?'(Kurama)

Other than that, she noticed that Madara didn't try to hide. It seems like he deliberately made the fight flashy. If he were serious he could have ended the battle more quietly without anyone outside noticing. Why did he do that? Does it have to do with the rinnegan in his left eye?

These questions keep circling in Kurama's head as she watches the aftermath of the battle.

[collapse]

Also sorry for the late chapter, got sick for a while, hope you enjoy the chap

Akudou ch 17

[Hiruzen POV]

Only a few seconds after Madara disappeared, Hiruzen snapped out of his surprised state. As a veteran shinobi he managed to reel in his surprise to send commands to his shinobi before thinking on what just happened.

Most of the shinobi would not know what just happened, a small portion understand what happened, a much smaller portion might notice that the Uchiha that fought Danzo was Madara. But he is probably the only one who knows what that purple eye was.

As Konoha shinobi, most were familiar with the three great doujutsu, the Byakugan, sharingan, and rinnegan. But that doesn't mean that they could recognize the legendary eye from just a glance. The eye of the legendary sage of sixth paths.

'how!?'(Hiruzen)

Is rinnegan a more advanced form of sharingan? Isn't mangekyou the final form of a sharingan? Then, did Danzo know about it and deemed the Uchiha too dangerous?

'no, that can't be it'(Hiruzen)

Danzo has been very distrustful towards Uchiha since they were young. If he knew about the existence of rinnegan, he wouldn't act like he used to. the Uchiha wouldn't bother hiding it, they would show their power as the holder of a godly power that can surpass even the first hokage.

'so neither the Uchiha and Danzo knew about rinnegan'(Hiruzen)

That means it all came to Madara alone, did Madara come to Konoha to take that rinnegan? Madara left Konoha long ago, but he did come back for the last time where he battled lord 1st and died. Did he fake his death? Then how can he still be alive even now? looking that young no less.

'Did he develop a similar forbidden jutsu to the one orochimaru researched?'(Hiruzen)

If he did, then that means he managed to complete it and get a new younger body. And he came back to take the thing he wanted to take long ago, the rinnegan. Did lord 1st know that rinnegan was hidden inside Konoha? Or is it a secret of the Uchiha since Madara came here to the Uchiha compound?

Then why is Danzo here? No, that is obvious, he wanted the Uchiha to be gone. I should have realized it sooner, Shisui's death was very suspicious. He died after he said he would use his mangekyou to stop the Uchiha.

'I am really getting too old to miss something so obvious…'(Hiruzen)

Hiruzen shook his head and took a deep breath. He waited for a report while looking around the aftermath of the battle. The compound was mostly destroyed, only rubble greets him everywhere he looks. He could see dead bodies laying around, fortunately he only saw a few so it's possible that most of the Uchiha survived. Although hopefully it's not because they have been devoured by Baku.

"Hokage-sama!"

An Anbu arrived and called out to him.

"Report"(Hiruzen)

"Ha! We found several dead Uchiha and root anbu around the compound. The police force building having the most bodies, the number got smaller as we got near where the summon is"

Hiruzen nodded as he took in the information. That's probably where the battle started and they steadily retreated to the center as the battle progressed.

"How many are shinobi from the Uchiha? Also, have you found any of the civilians?"(Hiruzen)

"From the current body count, approximately sixty percent of the Uchiha shinobi have fallen. We haven't been able to found any civilian dead or alive, we are quite certain that they managed to evacuate and currently hiding somewhere"

Hiruzen sighs in relief hearing that information. If the civilian managed to evacuate, that could mean the leader is still alive. Fugaku, if not then mikoto is probably there with the civilian along with the rest of the combatants.

There are too many questions about this incident. On top is Madara, followed by Danzo, and if he could get information from the Uchiha or Danzo then the question about Itachi would probably be easily answered. Itachi is a loyal shinobi like his father and someone who loves peace. He wouldn't side with Madara and abandon Konoha and his family without reason, that much he knows as a fact.

Now, he could try and search for the Uchiha, but it could also lead to misunderstanding so he should prioritize looking into Danzo and the Root. With that in mind he turned towards the anbu.

"Bring a few squad and search the Root headquarter, send any survivor to Ibiki and Inoichi for interrogation. Inform all the clan head about the incident and tell them to meet me, and inform the Uchiha when they show up"(Hiruzen)

"Ha!"

___

[Kurama POV]

Inside the hideout, Kurama explained what she saw and heard after the rest of the Uchiha were reverse summoned to Fugaku. Fugaku's eyes widened as she spoke about the rinnegan, but not long after he narrowed his eyes and asked her back.

"If you're the kyuubi, you must've known about the origin of the Uchiha right?"(Fugaku)

"You are the descendant of Indra, son of the sage of six paths"(Kurama)

Fugaku nodded the he continues.

"When someone manages to awaken the mangekyo sharingan, they will be blessed with unbelievable power. But there is a price for that power, the user's eyes will rapidly deteriorate with each use of the mangekyou.

This is something only a number of Uchiha know. But, we found a way to stop that. By swapping your eye with another awakened eye, the side effect could be erased. It's not always a success, but by swapping eyes with a close family the chance of success will be higher.

Because of this finding many generations ago. Some started to suspect that the mangekyou can evolve further into the legendary rinnegan. And the only reason this never happened is because our blood has mixed too much, and to awaken it we needed to be as close as possible to a true pureblooded Uchiha"(Fugaku)

"And you think Madara managed to do that?"(Kurama)

Fugaku nodded again.

"That is the answer I can guess from my knowledge. What do you think?"(Fugaku)

"I'm not sure, as far as I know, even Indra wasn't able to awaken the rinnegan… but if it's true, then I think I know how Madara managed to awaken the rinnegan"(Kurama)

"Senju Hashirama"(Fugaku)

This time Kurama nodded, she already guessed that Fugaku knows about the connection between Senju and Uchiha if he knows the origin of his clan, so it doesn't surprise her.

"Is there any other Uchiha who knows about this?"(Kurama)

"The knowledge about our origin is passed by the ritual of passing. Those who awaken the mangekyou will be shown the sacred relic containing inscription of this knowledge, and the inscription can only be read by those possessing a mangekyou. And currently, only Itachi, Shisui, and myself know about this. 

As for the knowledge about the eye transplant and the theory of awakening rinnegan, it's known only to me as the head and Itachi as the next in line. But I suppose Madara too as the previous head of the Uchiha"(Fugaku)

"Alright, that's a relief we can't have any more people to know about this. So, we can guess that Madara fought Hashirama to somehow awaken the rinnegan, then he use it to rejuvenate his body"(Kurama)

"But still, if he already had the rinnegan, why did he come back to Konoha? I don't think he did this for revenge if he contacted Itachi and go along with Danzo's plan"(Fugaku)

The two went silent for a bit before Kurama thought of a reason.

"I don't know about revenge but… sharingan, he only had one eye when I first saw him. He stole the sharingan of those he had killed, could it be he is trying to awaken a second rinnegan?"(Kurama)

"That could be, that means Itachi is in more danger than I thought. Hopefully he won't be aiming for Itachi for a while with the stolen sharingans"(Fugaku)

Fugaku stood up and walked toward the exit without talking and Kurama called out to him.

"Where are you going?"(Kurama)

Fugaku stopped and turned his body to look at Kurama.

"The Uchiha alone won't be able to face Madara with a rinnegan, more so that now we know he is probably trying to awaken another one. Only a number of Uchiha shinobi left after this attack, I need to inform the hokage and get him to help stop Madara from doing whatever he's planning on doing"(Fugaku)

"Alright"(Kurama)

Kurama stands up and follows Fugaku to the exit. They couldn't just appear outside using summoning jutsu without someone outside with the seal formation to summon them there.

Kurama opens up the entrance, the two jump out before she closes the entrance again. She needs to find a more efficient way of getting into and out of the hideout without anyone finding out.

Leaving that for later, Kurama and Fugaku speed up toward the compound once again. As they get closer Kurama hides a clone on Fugaku before they go separately, Fugaku to meet with Hiruzen and Kurama to meet the Kurama clan.

Luckily for her, the Kurama clan didn't have any casualties and managed to retreat back to their compound when the battle got too chaotic for them to help. Not long after Kurama got there, an anbu arrived and told Murakumo, the clan head that the hokage has called all the clan heads. Murakumo nodded and left with the anbu.

___

[Fugaku POV]

Fugaku arrived in the ruins of the Uchiha compound. Whether he wanted his people to stay here or not, they can't come back for a while until all of this is cleaned and repaired. He walked deeper inside where the damage was worse when an anbu approached him.

"Fugaku-sama, thankfully you are fine, the hokage told us to inform you that he had called for all the clan head if we find you"

"The office? Lead the way"(Fugaku)

Fugaku asked the anbu for confirmation, the anbu answered and led him to the hokage office.

Not long after, Fugaku arrived at the hokage office and entered the meeting room. Inside the room were Hiruzen, Shikaku, Inoichi, Ibiki and the two council, Homura and Koharu. Fugaku call out to Hiruzen.

"Hiruzen"(Fugaku)

Hiruzen looked at him, and he could see relief in Hiruzen's face. Although he also noticed some people in the room got irritated at how he called the hokage. If Hiruzen had done his job properly, all this wouldn't have happened and he wouldn't need to lose many of his people. He doesn't have it in him to respect the old man anymore after what happened.

"Fugaku, you survived. What about the other Uchiha?"(Hiruzen)

Instead of answering, Fugaku asked his own question with a cold look.

"I can protect my own clan. But I hope you have a good reason for letting Danzo attack and kill my people?"(Fugaku)

"I know this is my fault for not being strict, and I apologize for that. I have already investigated the remain of root so I can give you some answer about the attack"(Hiruzen)

Just then, an anbu arrived and told Hiruzen that the clan heads had arrived. Hiruzen nodded at the anbu and looked at Fugaku.

"Let's continue our talk when everyone is inside, let them in"(Hiruzen)

One by one, the head of the big clan of Konoha entered the room. The head of Aburame clan, head of Hyuga clan, head of the Akimichi clan, head of the Kurama clan, the head of Inuzuka clan and a few others. Each takes their own seat including Fugaku. All of them looked at the end of the room, waiting for the hokage to start speaking.

18