Chapter 8
1k 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So you’re saying you’re not going to do anything?”

“No, I don’t want to infringe on the freedom given to the teachers.”

I’m not sure what to make of the principal. This is the first time we’ve been having a conversation alone, and I can tell he’s smart, and very, very sly. He’s like a snake.

“What about spiky boy? Running around shouting that he’s going to kill people? How did he even enroll? Are you expecting him to set a good example for heroes?”

“Anyways, we are not here to talk about others, we’re here to talk about you.”

He’s just going to ignore that? Okay.

“So, what do you want?”

“What I want is for you to listen to your teachers and become a great hero, but I suppose that’s not going to happen, is it?”

I scoff. “No. I have yet to see any reason for me to stay here. The students are weak, but they are being treated as strong. They are 15, and it’s their first day in UA, yet they are given enormous pressure from a cold teacher that obviously doesn’t want to teach. No, the question is why do you want me here? You could easily have just let me go, but you accepted this meeting, yet you are not doing anything in regards to the teachers.”

Hmm. I gaze at the dogmouse in front of me, it’s almost like. “There is a prophecy isn’t there.” He doesn’t visibly show any reaction, but I can smell the slight worry emanating from him. “I’m an unknown variable, am I not? I can be an asset, or an obstacle, and you want to monitor me.”

I am not of this world, and assuming I’m right, which I most likely am, there is a reason I was reborn in this particular world. Yes I’m a ‘quirk birth’, but my powers do not come from me the same way the residents of this world does. A quirk birth is also not important enough to warrant two personal conversation with the principal in a day. No, I think I am right. Which means. Heh.

Leaning forwards with my head resting on my hands, and my elbows using my thighs as support.

“I want to be exempt from classes. I will still do all your tests and what not needed for you not to look bad, and me to graduate, but I will decide when to participate in class or not. I also want access to the teacher’s training area to use for practice. This should be a fair deal no? I will have a place to continue developing my powers, while not wasting time on useless things, while you can monitor me, analyse my quirk and power, and then make your little plans of what you want to do with me.”

The principal is scrutinising my expression. “Very well. I would appreciate it if you could participate as much as possible this week, but you are free not to.”

“Splendid. Goodbye.”

 

##

 

Curse you dogmouse! This is war!

“But Mother, you’re not even list- prrrrrrr.”

Curses. 

The second I got home a certain little shit, I mean, a certain individual had called my mother and told her of the incident today. He did not speak any false words, but I know he twisted it to his advantage, and so does my mother, but she refuses to listen to me.

Instead she is treating me like a cat. I am curled up in a ball on her lap, and I have to deal with her petting and scritching. I am not allowed to speak or move.

“Mom.”

She looks at me, I have to resort to my trump card. I always call her mother, but she likes it those rare times I call her mom.

“Yes sweetie, what is it?”

Rolling over and exposing my stomach. Wait, exposing stomach? Curses, stupid instincts.

My mother giggles and scratches some more behind my ear while petting my tail. I don’t let anyone but mother touch my tail.

“Can I come with father when he’s working? I need to see the true side of society, not this whimsical fantasy dream they are telling the citizens and most of the heroes. I need to know what I might deal with in the future, how strong they are, how twisted they are, how the government handles them.”

Mother gives me a complex look. Part worried, part proud, part reluctant.

“Fine. I’ll talk to your dad. You’re going to be the cutest inquisitor in history.”

I let out a growl in response to that statement, which only causes my mother to giggle further.

Curses.

48