Chapter 9
1.1k 11 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have noticed something. I should have noticed earlier, maybe I did? I knew about my regression, and then my +10 years mentality, but something peculiar has risen from this.

I almost have three personalities. The 15 year old cat-girl Luxie Regalia. The 25 year old cynical daughter of an inquisitor and inventor, and the centuries old Fairy Empress. My speech, thoughts and behaviour are split into three, yet they sometimes come together to form one entity.

I will have to experiment further on this, but for now, I suppose I have to listen in, as I can hear a familiar voice practicing his speech when entering.

Preemptively plugging my ears with dots of wind, I await the yellow antennae man. “I AM HERE! COMING THROUGH THE DOOR, LIKE A NORMAL PERSON.”

Yellow antennae man is weird, but he is sincere and kind in a society of facades and hypocrisy. Despite being unpleasantly loud, it is not annoying in the same way Spiky Boy is.

After my “punishment” from mother yesterday, she did speak to father and I will start joining him on his inquisitor job at Tartarus. He is primarily doing interrogations, as his quirk let’s him skim surface thoughts of anyone, which explains why my parents so readily accepted me not being from this world. He has a few other more uses, but they are primarily for combat.

“Okay everyone! Don your armour! Wear your Hero costumes! For we are going to do battle!”

People are looking at the man. I feel bad for him, I thought it was funny.

“We’re going to do combat simulation, 2 people on the hero team and 2 people on the villain team. I’ll explain the rules once we’re there, but go equip your costumes, they should all be delivered under your desk.”

The class collectively look under their desk, to find a metallic rectangular caste, some of them opens the cases to see their costumes, while other are already heading for the changing room.

I also have mine, but it is special.

Overhearing something I’d rather not, I follow the girls but I do not enter the door.

Mina looks at me and tilts her head. “Luxie are you not changing?”

I give her a smirk, place a little object on my chest and press it.

In the span of a couple of seconds, a metallic substance covers my body and then morphs into my suit.

It is black like my hair, with golden patterns running through. I paid homage to my old world, with depictions of dragons and phoenixes, and in the middle of it all, is a winged woman with lightning bolts falling besides her. Mother added that last touch after all the stories I’ve told of my old home.

My ears are covered in a cat-ear shaped substance, it is a headset and microphone connected to my visor. It can cancel out loud noises, but also isolate different sounds. My visor extends a small part over the bridge of my nose, and it can cut off my sense of smell.

All of this with a thought.

My visor is giving me information about wind speeds, atmospheric pressure, weather and ionised particles in the air.

I love my ‘Hero’ outfit. It was designed by me and mother, and the company she works at built it as a prototype for nanotechnology. It is a semi-new concept. There have been attempts earlier, but I am the “Alpha Tester” for this new type of suit.

I can hear the gasps from the girls behind me, and I give them a grin before my visor retracts to sit snuggly on my temples.

“I’ll be standing guard, I heard some, unpleasant things from the boys.”

The girls collectively scowl as they realise the implications of a gang of hormone laden boys early in puberty.

Momo walks up to me and touches one of my ears. “I guess they are not just for show, huh.” Manoeuvring her hand around my ear, my headphones already retracted when my visor did. I let out a purr.

A collective ‘aww’ can be heard, and Momo’s face flushes. “I-i-I’m sorry, I got ahead of myself and touched your ear. I-i have never seen cat people before.”

I let out a sigh. “I was caught off guard as well, I do normally not allow people to touch me, just keep that in mind. Oh right, I am not responsible for what happens to anyone who touches my tail, that is off-limits.”

I veil my threats in a smile. I do not want to be mean to the girls, they are young, well, I am also their age, but it is different. They all seem nice, and there are a few others like me. The frog girl, Mina with her acid properties, the headphone jack girl, and the invisible/light bending girl. Huh, I suppose that only makes Momo and the pink and sparkly girl who has a thing for the green haired boy the only two normal “human” girls.

Interesting.

43