Chapter 28
757 3 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the lunch period was a mix of tails, happy purring, cooing and awwing from the girls. Maybe I thought about everything too much? I mean he did bring her in to win me over and control me, and I did react a tiny bit to her entering the classroom. The footage and Aiwaza’s account of me purring like a manic should help. Can I just let loose and be myself, at least there’s no danger to Yuki until she’s in my father’s custody. That reminds me, I have to talk to her about that incident soon. 

“Okay people. In a couple of days will be the UA sports festival. So you should focus and get ready for that.” (Aizawa)

“But sir! Is it a good idea to hold an event like that just after a villain attack?” (Ida)

“The staff has thought about it, and we want to project a strong and united front, to not show the villains that they can make us scared.” (Aizawa)

Did he just? Okay, that’s a bit reckless I suppose?

“In addition, there will be extra security both from the police force and pro heroes during the event.” (Aizawa)

I guess that makes it a bit better, oh well.

“Oh right. Luxie due to your circumstances earlier today, you are not allowed to enter.” (Aizawa)

“Wait, what circumstances? Why can’t she enter?” (Momo)

“That’s classified.” (Aizawa)

Why in the heavenly name did you bring that up during class? Curses now everyone is going to want to know, and I can’t admit to being an inquisitor in training.

As the chatter and questions keep going, I accidentally let out a bit of bloodlust and everyone shuts up. Huh, I guess that solves that problem, except it seems to have created another one. A certain Leopard girl is now chasing my tail and trying to catch it. Curses. Why is she sitting behind me. Haaah.

People calm down and Aizawa is explaining some of the past events, so the students can have an idea of what they might have to deal with. 

Tuning out the speech and questions, I think back on what Aizawa just did. Maybe the principal told him to say that out loud? Gauge my reaction? I honestly don’t understand what he’s thinking anymore. First there was our deal, I had the upper hand there due to….due to what? Anyways, then there was the USJ incident, and I think it’s due to that he wanted to keep a closer eye on me, hence Yuki? So everything is due to me not following society’s morals? Is this the norm? Isn’t this how you push someone towards being a villain?

Maybe I’m overthinking things, maybe Aizawa is just taking revenge for me talking back during the first day, or maybe he just didn't really care?

“Luxie?”

Hm? I turn and see Momo standing there talking to me. When did she get there? Wait, where is everyone?

“Luxie I’ve been calling your name for 5 minutes, class is over. We’re heading over to my place to practice for the first task they made public, the obstacle course. Wanna come?”

I guess I completely zoned out. Hm? Why not. “Sure!”

##

Taking a break from practicing with Ochaco and Mina, I thought about something.

“Hey I just had an idea. Momo can you combine things?”

“Hmm, what do you mean?” (Momo)

“See I was thinking about the obstacle course / race. There are students with wide area of effect abilities, like the red/blue guy with ice.”

“Red blue? Ah, you’re talking about Todoroki?” (Toru)

“Yeah, him.”

“Luxie isn’t it about time you try to learn the names of your classmates?” (Kyoka)

“...”

“Hey don’t ignore us!” (Ochaco)

“So anyways. As I was saying. Can you prrr.” 

“Can I turn into a purring cat? No, I can not.” Momo snickers at me, and I try to sway away Yuki’s hand that is caressing my ear. Giving up I do the exercise of channeling the energies into my ability.

“Okay. Let me try again. As I was saying. What if he freezes the entire field, it will become slippery, and hard to run, right? So, what if you took ice skates and added like, rocket launchers or something to them, is that something you can do?”

Momo contemplates my question for a little bit. “I have never tried combining items like that, but yes, it should be possible. I can already produce the skates, and I have a couple of templates for propulsion systems. If I can make it smaller, but then I have to attach them and…”

“I think we lost her. She’s as bad as Midoriya sometimes when it comes to items she can produce.” (Ochaco)

“Hm? What do you mean?”

All the girls look at me like I’m an idiot. “Okay okay I will try to socialise more with the rest of the class!”

“Good. Anyways, he tends to mumble a lot like that when it comes to quirks. He has notebooks full of quirks he’s been analysing.” (Ochaco)

“Wait, do you think he has Kurogiri, that teleporter guy from the USJ incident?”

“Hmm, maybe? Why don’t you ask him tomorrow?” (Ochaco)

Guess I’m going to class tomorrow.

39