Welldark Book 2 – Chapter 9 – Flattened (Part 4)
303 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the right Tuesday.

‘Whew,’ I thought. It was unusual, even when it came to events like this, to sleep for a week straight. To be hit with such mental exhaustion to be lethargic and barely willing to stay awake, that was much more usual. I stepped out of the hospital room and was hit by the familiar purple and deep grey of Welldark’s architecture. The ceiling remained white. ‘A design insistence by whoever runs this place, maybe?’

I searched for the front desk. There was only one corridor and one end of it was a window. Perhaps ‘search’ was the wrong word for it. I arrived at the front desk, after following the only path available and simply gave my name and room number when asked. The bored receptionist, a student from the looks of it, marked things down in the system and then went back to writing whatever she was writing. A doctorate, maybe? Welldark wasn’t a university in the traditional sense, equipping people with life skills rather than diplomas, but there were still pieces of papers to be earned.

The time was advanced and I had to be somewhere. My phone was filled with messages from Esther and I decided I’d rather meet her in person than write her something that poorly summarized the situation.

I hurried back into the Magic Branch of Welldark. It was strange to see the building again, now knowing that I was wandering the overlapping shadows of various 4th dimensional objects. Even stranger was considering what I had learned about myself. For as much knowledge as my birthright instilled in me, there were still mysteries.

Esther was about to enter the Astral Cultivation chamber when she spotted me. Immediately she turned on her heels, pushed aside the massive crocodile man behind her, and stormed towards me. “Hello, lady of my love,” I greeted her with open arms. I was every bit prepared for the intensity of the hug she afforded me. It took no less than two seconds after our embrace for our lips to follow the example of our arms.

Esther’s tongue ventured past my lips, and competed against mine in who could be more intense in their desire for the other. I tasted cherry sweetness, a delightful reminder of her toothpaste. I smelled citrus, her wonderful shampoo. Intoxicating warmth filled my being head to toe. Neither of us wanted to let go and so neither of us did, even though there were people streaming past us and there was a class we were to attend.

It was only the rising desires of our bodies that eventually made us back away. That line of public decency we would not cross, for the trouble it would bring. Had it not been for disapproval by the teachers and our current agreement to not have intercourse, I would have deemed the nearby piece of wall as an acceptable rest for her back.

“So?” Esther asked, the sternness in her voice contrasting sharply with the stormy greeting she had given me.

‘Get yourself a woman that kisses you before she asks you where you have been,’ I thought and smirked broadly, realizing I had already exceeded that desire. “Let’s just say I went through something terrible that makes me mostly confident I can withstand the Headmaster.”

“With ease?” Esther asked for clarification.

I shook my head to that. “With as much ease as someone who deadlifts 120 kilos can lug a 60 kilo sack around, I’d say. I’ve connected to… parallels out of this world, let’s say.” Guiltily, I glanced and tried to find the proper words to describe what I could of the experience. A complication of two layers, first to find the proper words for the experience itself and then to censor myself regarding what she could not yet find out.

Esther placed a finger on my lip. “You shall succeed,” she stated and then turned around. “Let’s meditate.”

To be trusted to such a degree, it filled me with joy unbound.

____________________________________________________________________

 

The rest of the week passed me by slowly. My every moment was filled with one of three things. When I had free time, I was reminded of how much of a horny creature I was. It had been easier when cumming twice a day had not been my minimum. After having sex every day for two months straight, not masturbating was simultaneously easier and a lot harder. I muddled through, but by all that was soft and squishy did the access to a limitless amount of porn appear more seductive than ever.

I tried to overcome this through my continued willpower training, but that was only doing so much. Deliberately, I avoided exhausting myself fully. This Sunday was going to be my final shot and I wanted to be rested for the occasion. I had pulled every stunt available, now I would either perform or disappoint my harem.

At least during university time, I was distracted nicely. It was the final week of the semester and every teacher took the time to have a swift talk with their students. With some, that was the tiniest of interactions, with others it was a prolonged dialogue. It all depended on how many people a classroom was shared with.

It had started on Monday (although I had been a bit distracted that day), with my alchemy teacher. He had recommended that I try to be a little less focused on lustful application, while also praising my enthusiasm. He had recommended I take next semester's class, with the caveat that I would likely not be sitting next to Willt again. My friend got the pointer to maybe skip a difficulty grade in alchemy.

Willt and I had not yet decided how to handle that situation. I wouldn’t want to hold him back. That he was more talented an alchemist than I was a fact. I fully endorsed any decision on his part to make that advantage flourish. He was, however, not keen on sitting through these classes without a familiar face. I could’ve ignored the teacher's advice and attempted to skip up as well. A lot of consideration there.

For the Aesthetic Arts, I was told I did not have the right mindset to continue and I agreed. While the classes were funny, especially with the feud the man had going on with the teacher of the Applied Arts class, I did not feel like I truly learned a lot. I was given words for things that I already understood and that I did not need to describe. It just wasn’t useful for me.

Gravity Magic was basically the shortest talk. The teacher simply stated that he wanted to see me next semester in the Advanced lecture. I was certainly going to oblige. To be the most powerful being to exist may not have been my priority, but I certainly was not going to leave Welldark weak.

Astral Cultivation was in the same vein. I got complimented for how swiftly I managed to drop into meditative trances and how easily I connected with the Astral Sea. The teacher had been informed of Omnius’ decision to give me access to that particular facet of cultivation, of course. A recommendation to continue attending these classes did not have to be given.

Interdimensional Conduct and Battlefield Training were both mandatory courses and, as such, had some official evaluation. For Interdimensional Conduct, I got a rank that was average across the board. I had neither disrupted nor participated in the class to any notable degree and I was fine with that. For Battlefield Training, I received the second highest grade. Esther was scored above me because my lack of enthusiasm had been noted. Regardless, we were given some additional Dark to spend during the break.

The teacher of the Engineering class did praise me both for being a creative problem solver and for having made Voxxy’s entrance in the class a lot easier. Tom wanted to see me again next semester. As did the aforementioned shortstack, who approached me after our evaluations were over and hinted not-so-subtly that I should call her over the break. I had a feeling I knew who was going to be the third addition to my Anomalia.

The Cooking class had no specific comment for me. I was a student with mild interest in cooking and I was treated as such. If I wanted to return next semester, then I was told I would be welcome. If not, there was no culinary genius lost in me. It was not expressed that clearly, I simply summarized it bluntly in my head.

Stiltzkin, in a tirade of curses, let me know to take the Expert class already, dumbass fucking capable asshole that I was. I looked forward to getting screamed at for another semester.

Maria insisted that I re-took the basic Musical Class next semester. I had talent. As late as I had started to use it, however, I was behind the people in more advanced classes. Plus, I had obviously been distracted for much of the semester and not given my voice the necessary out-of-class training. Further, she ‘recommended’ (ordered was more fitting a word) I bring one of my Anomalia members along. Nothing was more beautiful than loves making music together. I did not know if I agreed with that totally, but the sentiment I shared.

For Weapon Training, I was practically begged to return. Because I was testing every single weapon that was on display, I made for a wonderful practice opponent for those around that were sticking to whatever their Artefact was. I made the teacher's life a whole lot easier. I gave no definitive answer yet.

Interdimensional Etiquette I was given a soft recommendation on continuing. The class was interesting enough, unlike Interdimensional Conduct, but I was not sure if I would heed that. I would have to plan around at least one more person for my next semester’s schedule and some things would inevitably end up on the chopping block due to conflicting time slots. This was one class I was willing to axe.

Danielle did not even call me in for a meeting, we both knew she would see me again next semester. A brief talk with Esther was had. All it contained was a few compliments about the lady of my love coming out of her shell more and the way her sexual development had gone. It was an indirect compliment to me that the Mistress of Sexuality recognized how nicely Esther had bloomed from a completely inexperienced virgin to a woman simultaneously unashamed of her libido and completely loyal to her relationship. Esther embodied everything we had been taught this semester. An assessment I could not agree more with.

The Dimensional Heroes class strictly speaking did not have a continuation course and we were all told that next semester would be essentially the same class with a different set of incredible individuals. Much as Willt and I wanted to attend, this was another class that was certainly on the dismissible side of things.

Lastly, I talked to Allister. The owner of the Café Served wanted to know if I wanted to continue my work contract. I was recognized as a capable worker and I looked damn good in a butler uniform, so it would have been a shame to lose me. I agreed but did throw in that I may take a few weeks off during the semester break. Esther and I had been discussing plans to travel that had been, with everything else going, not finalized so far.

And that was the total summary of my teacher’s opinions of me. To evaluate myself, it was unsurprisingly the case that I exceeded in combat and Astral Capacity related things, with everything else being either average for a lack of effort or carried by my talent in the field. No matter what happened with Taurus on Sunday, I vowed to not be as much of a slacker next time around. I had women to impress.

As for approaching Taurus, there was the perfect chance on Sunday.

___________________________________________________________________________

17