Chapter 2: civilization
19 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stealth.

The name of the big game that Greeny plays. It is always stealth. Always was and always will be. With its omnidirectional view of the world, it looks upon a strange creature. Two legs, two... more appendages, a short neck, a head, and long... fur? Though only on its head did the fur grow. How strange indeed... 

Greeny had never seen such an...

an,

interesting. Yes, such an interesting creature. It seems to have a core as well. It is in its head? This has never happened before. The core is always in the body near the heart of a fleshy creature not in the head. 

Odd.

Not thinking too hard about it anymore, Greeny decided to use a new tactic to consume this creature. With a slight flex of imaginary muscle, the light around the giant slime bent. It refracted around the slime with such precision that Greeny was rendered invisible. Only in the direction of the weird creature of course. I had taken a lot out of Greeny to pull such a feat. But he would rather have a successful hunt while using all his capabilities than to lose his chance at consuming this creature's core. Moving slowly but steadily, she approached the creature which seemed to be resting on its hind. 

Yes, when hunting one must first make a plan.

Step one is done. Invisibility.

Step two would be to creep in close enough to strike.

And step three would be the actual striking bit of the plan. It decided to go for the head immediately.

" Schloop"

The creature started struggling the moment its head was engulfed. Greeny held on to the head releasing the enzymes to burn its flesh off to get to the core. 

1 minute

2 minutes

and It stopped moving.

...

It took till night for Greeny to finish eating the creature's flesh and bones. The core in the... the girl's head fussed with Greeny's. It was the same size as Greeny's so she hoped that her core would get even bigger. Allowing her to do more things other than bending light. That did not happen however...

Her core shrunk as if swallowed by the girl's core.

But... but she won?

Did she win?

She should have won, right?

...

No. Why, what, no. No. NO. Where are my arms? Legs??? 

WHERE?

With a crack, the poor slime's core broke splitting through the middle into two perfect halves.

1