Chapter 70 and 71
738 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Fuck " 

Peggy slammed her hands on the table and shouted. Howard, Pierce, and other members of the board were too shocked by the news.

Every one of them knows the implications of this news. And if the killers succeed then America will be facing a civil war and not from one end.

" Tell me the full report Agent, now." 

The agent gulped down and started telling her and the board members the content. 

" About 3 minutes before there was a call from Foley Manor. They reported a murder mam and that's all. 

The police commissioner is on his way with his force. " the agent said. 

" You can go, boy. "  Pierce said to the agent. 

Everyone in the room again noticed the change in pierce's voice. He was serious, deadly serious. And they were not wrong, Pierce this time was truly serious. 

'no, he can't die. He is the key to Hydra's success. But with 'him' there how can it be possible that the boy could be dead. ' Pierce was raging inside and everyone in the room could see the anger in his eyes.

" Howard, You said that they would need some time before attempting this. " Peggy turned to Howard.

" Clearly, I was wrong in my assumptions. I didn't know they were this desperate. " Howard said, rubbing his Temples. 

" No need to panic. The call was about reporting a murder, it can even be the assassin. " Pierce said. 

" How can this be the assassin, they will not send a child to kill him. They will send someone whom they are sure can kill him despite his security measures. Like those ninja dudes who call themselves 'hand'. " Howard Stark said to pierce. 

" Obviously, they will send someone with capabilities. But I am 95 percent sure that it was not Joshua who was killed. " Pierce said with a sly voice and a smirk on his face. 

Peggy narrowed her eyes at this and said " What do you know pierce? Care to share with us."

Pierce smiled at her and said 

" Tell me, Peggy, do you remember that 18 years ago a man killed a complete military base. "

Peggy grows at it and said. 

" Yeah, mercenary S case. We still couldn't find out where he went afterward. What has this to do with this matter. " 

" Do you know the full name of mercenary S? " ( P )

" don't go round and round, Pierce. Come to the point. " Howard said, getting angry at his antics. 

" sigh. Well, I made some progress in that case 2 days ago. I was going to submit the report, but then this happened. So what happens is that I found out someone who knew Mercenary S is. I also found out the reason why he did what he did.  

Mercenary S's real name is Sebastian and right now he is a butler of Joshua foley for the last 15 years. " 

Peggy and everyone else's eyes widened. They all know who mercenary S was. He was the most efficient mercenary for 11 years and completed every mission. But the most dangerous feat of his was that he killed at least 1500 people inside a military base. 1500 people who were trained to kill and were armed to the teeth and he killed every one of them. No one was spared and especially the head of the military base. Even seasoned veterans throw up seeing his corpse condition. His eye sockets were stitched and the same with his mouth. His nose was cut off. His ears were first torn by pure force and then stitched back. He has 100 knives inside his body but none of them was fatal, their aim was just to inflict pain. His dick and balls were cut off and then sewn back. There was even a Cactus inside his anus.  Mercenary S was the epitome of cruelty and brutality. 

" You mean.. " Peggy asked. 

" Yup, pray for those assassins. " (P)

After an hour the agent again came up to the office. 

" What happens now? " Howard asked in an irritating voice. 

" Sir, we just got the report of what happens at the Foley manor. " the agent said and Howard told him to continue. 

" Sir, Mr. Foley's manor was attacked by 20 people who were dressed as ninjas. All of them except one were dead when the police reached there. 

Mr. Foley then asked the police commissioner to not file any case and to not leak any news about the incident under the guise of better for the country's economic health. He said that he himself will deal with the people. 

And the police commissioner agrees to Mr. Foley's demands. " 

" What did I say? " Pierce said smugly. 

" You can go agent and if anything happens, inform me right at the moment. " Peggy ordered the agent and he left the room. 

" So, Mercenary S is Sebastian. So now at least we will have some leverage on the boy as he treats him like a father. " Peggy said and released a sigh. 

It was good for her. With this new information, she can somewhat control the boy and she will not need to spend any more effort to safeguard the boy. Tony alone was a headache. 

" un... What? " Pierce sounded like he heard the stupidest thing in the world. 

" It is as I say, Pierce. The boy loved the man as a father. I have seen it in his eyes. " (Peggy)

" Peggy, do you know what that boy did when Frost dared to threaten the boy. He takes everything from the man, his company, dignity, family, and even his life. When Stark decided to play with him, he targeted his son. When the Hellfire club dared to play against him he made them lose billions without even lifting his finger. And now you are saying that you will blackmail the only family he has. 

Peggy takes some rest, you need it. I and Howard will take care of the shield in your absence. " at this moment the Board members witnessed one of the rare moments when Pierce 

Lost his control over his emotions. 

" And Just so you know Peggy, If you are even remotely thinking that this will have any effect on him then let me tell you It.Will.Not. 

And the reason you will see in some Hours. If you think he will wait for some time then you have observed wrong. 

That boy in front of the Whole world challenges everyone. He knows who will attack him and when. He doesn't need to call the police for this attack but he did. Why do you think he did that just to tell the police to not file any case. He has more work than to do it. He wanted the police's permission to go for a massacre and he will do it. 

I have seen those eyes. Stop treating him like a 16 year old. That boy is a cunning and ruthless person, who thought about everything before he did anything. 

He is a twisted hero in his own mind. He is a mental patient and we can't do a thing about it. 

DO YOU REALLY THINK THOSE BASTARDS IN MILITARY WILL LET YOU BLACKMAIL THEIR GOLDEN GOOSE. " 

Pierce said everything he could at that moment. This rant was not only about Peggy but also his true thoughts about the boy. 

The more he understands how that boy no not a boy but Man's mind. The more frustrating he was becoming. He could not get any hydra agent near him because of Sebastian. 

He can not obtain the formula for Dragon's blood ( the drug) from the Angels and those bastards even killed his agents in the gang. 

Even Zola was not of any help to the boy because he was unpredictable. He thought he was going to Germany for sightseeing but that boy made a large investment there and became a hero there overnight. The boy came back and did deals with the Military and gave them practically what could be considered a low and slow version of super-soldier serum. 

The boy came in front of New York and became a messiah reincarnate here too. 

" Pierce, control yourself. Peggy is working overnight for some days and she only suggested that we go through this." Howard said, trying to calm pierce down. 

Howard understands where Pierce was coming from. He too has seen the boy's true face and now Pierce has seen that too. And even if Howard was a scientific Genius, Pierce was the true tactical and strategic genius and pacifist at heart but still, he has the guts to do what should be done. 

According to Howard and everyone else, Pierce is feeling disgusted at the Foley couple for what they have done to their child but Pierce has to treat him as the threat he is and can't have any sympathy with the child. 

And yes, he too understands that Peggy and his age were starting to catch up to them. 

" We have the information and we have to use it wisely. "

" Tell the agents to keep an eye on everything that happens in New York tonight. We can't let him kill those people no matter how much he wants. And also keep this information a secret, don't go out of your way to deal with him. One call from him and the Military will pardon the crimes of Sebastian and then we will lose the only trump card we have and believe me he will not deal with us because of what happens to his parents. 

And if I know Sebastian, then he will strike today as he too dotes on him as a son. You guys will understand more when you will read the report.

Also, I think he has some connection with the Angels. And by he I mean Sebastian. Need more investigation on that matter. 

And I will employ my vessels for the investigation no one even remotely related to shield will do. " 

Pierce said calmly and in an exhausting way. People in the room understand that under how much stress was Pierce till now.

And it also warms Howard and Peggy's hearts that Pierce trusts them enough to show his weakness in front of them. 

How naive of them. Pierce doesn't show any kind of weakness, what he showed was a facade, a cold calculated move. He indeed lost his calm during the conversation but got himself under control and then again wore the mask of their friend. 

But one thing that everyone in the room knew was that they can't let Joshua's Age fool them anymore. 

He was intelligent in more than one way, but what truly makes him more dangerous was his unpredictable actions.

And now that Howard and Peggy think then it is really something that he becomes a messiah and a foreign country's hero in mere 8 months of him having the company under him. He has around 4 billion dollars of money. And no one was able to stop him.

It is as he says he was preparing for battle and now he is ready. 

After another Hour the agent again rushed inside. 

" What happened this time? " 

The Agent Gulped and said 

" Mr. Joshua's troops bombed a building mam. " 

" Full report agent, Now? ``Pierce said with anger in his eyes but inside he was delighted as killing those billionaires would create a perfect opportunity for Hydra to get more influence.

" Well sir, we found out that the Police chief ordered the police patrol from the East District to come for a meeting. And then after 8 minutes, we found a building ablaze. No one was left alive. Everyone died. 

The building's owner was someone named Alexandra Reid. " the agent said. 

" And here we are," said Pierce with annoyance. 

' Now who the hell is this Alexandra Reid.' Pierce thought to himself. 

" Find out everything that you can about this Alexandra Reid. " Peggy said. 

" At least, He is not targeting the lives of other businessmen and still thinks about the people of this country. 

Even if they are even they are a necessary evil." Howard said with relief. 

" You think so, huh? " Pierce said. 

" You are a fool, Howard. He has established himself as a terrifying existence already in their hearts. "

" Hahahahahaha " Pierce laughed at the situation. 

" That boy... Truly remarkable to even think this ahead. You know Peggy, it was not in the flow that he said he was ready. He truly was not kidding. " pierce laughed again. 

" Pierce, what happens? " Howard said with a questioning look. 

" Let me explain my dear friend. 

That boy knows that people will make moves on him the moment he takes the post of CEO of his company. 

So first he created a NEWS company with the help of Sebastian and made a reputation out of it. And in only 2 years the paper was renowned for its news seeking the ability and printing truth. 

Then when he takes the post, Frost barges in and he kills him in response. Further engraving his image as a ruthless person in the heart of many people. 

Then he introduced Viagra and Hoard the money. He found a country in need of that money and dumped it there and became a hero there.

Then he came back and people attacked him again with their arrogance and he made more money out of it. I will not be surprised if he has some shares in the Stark industries. 

He at that moment truly destroyed any of his competition. 

And then he provokes people to attack him. I can guarantee if the others would have not attacked him even then an attack would have happened. He himself would have initiated the attack the reason he wants to install fear into their hearts. 

Frost was an example that he is not afraid to go against the powers beyond his can, and can come victorious. 

Now everyone will be far too scared of even thinking about coming into his way. 

He has become the most powerful person in the USA without even fighting an election. " 

Everyone in the room lost their composer. No matter how trained their emotions were but at this moment they lose their composure. 

*************************************

A/N: first thing this is 2 chapters. And second.

No matter what you say Pierce was not a dumb man. He gains the trust of everyone and reaches the pinnacle of power. All he has was his mind and guidance of Zola and he came this close to get what he wanted. For me, pierce was akin to a Nara guy.

16