Chapter 72
621 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

( Read Author Note)

They were afraid. Yes, This was the emotion they were all feeling. They were afraid, they were feeling fear. And the reason was a 16-year-old boy. Peggy and Howard haven't felt like this in a very long time. It is the same feeling that Howard felt when He first saw the Laser weapon of Hydra powered by the Tesseract cube. 

Everyone in the room was sweating bullets. They all looked at each other. The atmosphere around the room was suffocating and deadly silent. 

" I told you, that boy is not something that we can take lightly. Any attempt at him or his supposedly family will be our grave. This here is not a threat but a warning to not mess with him. 

You know, I think it was me that expected too much from you guys.

You know what I am just fed up with you guys. 

You preach of saving people from the unknown. You disguise yourself as a shield that protects people from harm. You believed that you are safeguarding the world. 

ALL LIES. 

Do you know what YOU ARE? 

YOU ARE THE VERY EPITOME OF HYPOCRISY. YOU DO NOT PROTECT PEOPLE, YOU PROTECT YOUR INTEREST. YOU DON'T SAFEGUARD THIS WORLD BUT INSTEAD, YOU SAFEGUARD THE INTEREST OF ANYONE WHO SITS ON THE SEAT OF PRESIDENT AND THOSE WHO FINANCE YOU. YOU ARE THE DOGS OF WORLD SECURITY COUNCIL.

what were those promises that you did to me, Peggy?

Pierce works with us and we will make a better world. Is this your better world where people are experimented on so that we can make better soldiers? We threaten people to do our bidding. We fought wars, we do the assassinations. We deal with filth, those mafias, and blood-sucking vampires. We abduct children and make them go through hell. We do the bidding of the rich. 

And before you deny anything, Margaret Elizabeth Carter. You are the worst person I know of. 

You destroyed the very legacy of Steve Rogers. If he was alive I Can guarantee that he would have killed you with his own hands.

You know what I am done pretending that what I am doing is for the greater good of this world.

So please find someone else to believe in your ideas.

" Pierce said and then left the room.

What happens here is that 3 hours ago shield Director Peggy Carter received a parcel. 

This parcel and its content make the whole Upper echelons of Shield trembled in fear. 

Because first, no one should know that where Shield's headquarters is, and second very few know that Peggy Carter is the Director of Shield. 

But it was the content of the parcel that raise the tension. 

In the Parcel, there were 2 heads, one folder, and one envelope. 

These heads were of 2 businessmen who were also the son and son-in-law of two world security council members.

The second was a folder that has the name and family information of shield agents who were tasked with getting information from Foley Industries. 

And the 3rd was a photo of Sebastian in a butler uniform. 

No one needs the genius to understand what this was.

It was a warning, a naked, open warning. " Do something like this and you will have to prepare for a lot of funerals " this was the summary of this. 

" What could have transpired this course of action from that pshyco. " Hank Pym asked. 

" Tell us, Peggy, did you approach him even against our advice. " Howard stark asked his friend. 

" It was those idiots in the World Security Council. " Peggy sighed and started telling them what happens.

The World Security Council wanted something that they can use against Joshua but in reality, their business too was getting affected and the politicians were afraid. 

Now Shield doesn't have to answer the government but that was just a white lie. They have to answer the world security council which was mainly made up of politicians and rich men.

So Peggy told them of Shields's findings of Joshua Foley. Which consisted of the fact that his butler might be mercenary s. 

So those idiots in council in their infinite wisdom dare to poke at the sleeping lion. They dared to blackmail someone who doesn't have a shred of fear for what he did and do so openly. 

This was his response to them. He killed their family members who were also members of the Hellfire club according to Howard. 

He is daring them to make a move on him. 

And this enraged Pierce no end. He according to them was doing everything in his capabilities to deal with the problem. 

He was already tensed before and so they thought his anger was justified at them.

But Peggy and Howard knew Pierce better. It was all a facade. Pierce never decides anything in just a spur of a moment. He calculated everything. 

He already anticipated this outcome when Peggy told him about the council problem. So he told Peggy to tell them all about what they knew of Joshua and when Joshua will take action, Pierce will leave Shield in a moment of rage.

And the world council would not want an asset of Pierce value let free. They will contact him and pierce will decide to join the council.

And from the Council Pierce will work as a double agent for Shield. He will give Shield the relief that Shield needed from the constant bugging of the Council. 

This was Pierce and Peggy's plan from the start. 

12