Chapter 3: Old habits
320 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What would you like?”

Hmm. “One beef platter, and one Caesar salad without dressing and onions.”

I turn towards Akito so he knows he can order. “Uhh, Rei, since when do you eat salads?”

Huh? Shit. I look towards Luna and she’s blushing again. Did I seriously do that on autopilot? Like over a year later? I give her a questioning gaze and she simply nods.

“Akito just order, my treat for today.”

“Sweet! I’ll have a beef platter as well with extra beef.”

Well, at least I managed to divert his attention away from my blunder.

Taking our meals and heading over to one of the spots on the long table, we eat mostly in silence. Akito is still looking at me from time to time, but I have no interest in talking to her.

“So Luna, do you have any hobbies besides your job?”

Luna looks at Akito, trying to figure out his intentions. He’s asking a lot more questions than he usually does, but he’s like this, he tries to get along with everyone. It’s something of a pet project of his. The more likeable he is, the better he can fix my reputation or something. I don’t really care. I’ll be branded a violent delinquent for the rest of my school days.

She looks at me. Why are you looking at me? Her eyes flicker between me and Akito, and I just shrug my shoulders and give a curt nod of my head. 

Why am I even helping her. I’m still not over the fact that I just ordered her food without even thinking.

“I used to play some games, but I don’t have as much time anymore.”

“Oh, what did you play?”

“Path to Divinity, it’s this mix of western fantasy and Asian martial arts, at least that is what I’ve been told.”

Akito nods eagerly. “Yeah I’ve been playing that with Rei for over a year! She’s like, super good at it. She started a new character when we started playing, saying something about her old character bringing up bad memories and can’t play without her other….” Realisation dawns on him, and he looks at me and Luna before finishing the sentence in a low whisper. “Half….”

I can feel a blush coming, groaning at the fact that I told him. I never expected him to actually meet Luna.

She’s averting her gaze from us, and the rest of the meal is eaten in silence.

17