The Green Cradle 25 – Black Demon, Red Monster
410 8 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bolragmal.

A named Niskari.

This meant it had achieved a great feat that the whispers of the void had granted it an authority and a title.

A named of the beyond was an entity that at some point could develop into a “Sovereign of the Depths.”

The “Fathomless Ones.” A name granted by the multitude of worlds whose meanings have intersect until they formed an identity. They were the many that existed within the void and timeless beyond.

The Niskari were but one of countless Fathomless Ones who grow endlessly and consume the worlds they encounter.

Niskari and Nachtnamari. They were but small identities provided by the inhabitants of the world they were currently invading. A name chosen simply to give an identity to that which they loathe and fear.

Their true origin is being the spawn of one of the Sovereign of the Depths, The Scarlet King of Corrosion.

And Bolragmal, a named, possessed the capacity to become a Sovereign.

However, its current authority is too weak. It was still a “Lord” and not a “King.” Since it was born from the Scarlet King, it can only submit itself to its said master.

Hence, why it needed to conquer this world. If not to one day become free of its servitude, then it must do so to prevent becoming one with its master once more. To lose one’s existence after gaining sentience is a frightening thing.

With its title as the Virulent Lord of Corruption, it was able to gain enough momentum and leave a wake of terror upon the world.

The problem was that it had grown too arrogant after gaining a title and an ego.

Developing awareness, it became able to be led astray through the wiles of creatures that had long since existed possessing their own will and wisdom.

It was through this that it was led into a trap that finally laid it low and imprisoned.

However, because it gained a sense of awareness, it also developed an instinct to preserve itself.

At the height of its arrogance, while it didn’t believe it could be stopped, it instinctively planted hidden gene-altering spores that contained its own essence.

The infected hosts would unknowingly live their lives until the spores took over and they would eventually move according to its will. They would then eventually spread their infestation to others forming a cult with the objective of reviving Bolragmal through the stored essence.

This was how it planned its return and eventually corrupt the world then present it to its master.

But now this plan has gone awry.

Before it was another Fathomless One with an unknown master. If another of the Sovereigns were to steal this world from it, its own master – the Scarlet King, wouldn’t think twice to rashly assimilate this world with itself included.

It would teach this upstart the horror that is its corruption.

These were its thoughts just before a massive black fist had sent it tumbling across the earth.

– - –

The changeling stared at the entity before it.

As soon as it acknowledged its presence, the hunger within it peaked showing its ravenous desire to consume it.

However, no matter how strong a desire is, the changeling possesses absolute control of its body’s physical, mental, and physiological traits, so even though its hunger is at the point where it could drive most beasts insane, the changeling simply quietly stared at the creature.

A characteristic that likened it to more of a biological machine, the changeling can simply “shut off” the feeling of intense hunger. This was what mainly separates it from other organisms.

Rather, it was more curious. Curious of the identity of these entities that somehow flip over the rules of scientific life. The changeling’s own existence was also an anomaly, it understood this since that knowledge was simply implanted onto it, but while its original capabilities were more sophisticated and structured, these entities seemed more… accidental? Coincidental? Natural?

It wasn’t sure which would describe them best, but what it did know was that it had gained a new level of development simply by consuming one of these mysterious entities.

For a reason it has yet to determine, these unique entities could somehow nourish it in a way that they improved its own core capabilities.

The changeling is sure that none of these entities were among the experiments like itself, yet somehow it could feel a sort of kinship outside of the hunger.

Regardless, it would come to know these things with time. For now, it would need more samples, and the best candidate is the reptilian beast before it.

This was what it decided when the creature suddenly leapt and tried to strike down the changeling.

Its claws never got to reach it though as the black Tyrant had been a step ahead.

With the creature’s focus primarily on the changeling, it made the mistake of ignoring the Tyrants beside it.

The black one was especially irritated. That its presence would be completely ignored as if it were insignificant was something it couldn’t accept.

It made sure to make the creature understand how deeply insulted it was by burying its massive fist into its face.

SLAM

The result was that the creature was sent somersaulting across the earth until it smashed headfirst onto a wide hill.

The changeling could only shake its head at the creature’s foolish action. To completely ignore the presence of everything else entirely for the sake of its target in the middle of a battlefield was incredibly stupid.

One can argue that this judgement was a little harsh, since the changeling had completely forgotten that it had already sealed the creature’s greatest weapon against the forces of this world. If the Niskari Lord could read the changeling’s mind, it would have been livid at the injustice of having been seen as foolish even though its safeguards were robbed causing it to be vulnerable to regular attacks.

It never needed to be wary of such attacks, but because the changeling created a countermeasure against the Red Mist, it was now forced to fight on the level of beasts it had previously looked down upon.

The Niskari Lord stood up in shock. Why weren’t these beasts affected by the Red Mist?

It wanted to know so badly, but it couldn’t remain dazed as the black Tyrant continued its assault.

Angered by the fact it was treated like a pushover, the Aberration struck back with its own clenched fist.

The result was its wrist getting dislocated, and its makeshift bones getting splintered.

The Niskari Lord couldn’t feel any pain due to it simply controlling the Aberration, but it was shocked to see that a beast born of the remnants of a Fae World Tree and a Fae Lord could break so easily.

This was Bolragmal’s own misjudgment.

While the Aberration was indeed a great creature of size, speed, and power, more than half of its strength relied on its ability to easily corrode life-force and matter.

Having never faced such a predicament, it failed to realize that a majority the Aberration’s potential had been taken away.

Perhaps if it had chosen to develop a more physical oriented elite of their kin, it may have stood a better chance, but it needed the Aberration’s corrosive abilities along with its leadership in order to expand and dominate quickly.

Its plan was correct given the circumstances at the time. However, it’s unfortunate that it met an adversary that rendered this decision moot.

Perhaps its greatest folly, however, was failing to recognize the potential threat of the Tyrants.

Tyrants were unique in that they were beasts granted power by the world. None were weak and they all possessed a special vitality that could fend off the energies of the beyond. In a sense, they were natural defenders from interferences coming from the Outrealm.

While the virulent corrosion of Niskari is more pervasive than the regular Nul energies of the void, it still meant that a Tyrant could wreak havoc and cause major damage before it would eventually be drained.

Now, that corrosive power was sealed and what’s more is that it wasn’t facing any regular Tyrant.

Zamorg, the Demon of Destruction.

A Tyrant of unparalleled power and incredible battle prowess.

The Guild once sent a team of its most elite mercenaries to observe the Tyrant and gauge its power in order to have it registered.

It’s unclear what transpired, but the team claimed they were unknowingly attacked by the beast and were forced to combat it.

The result was that the team barely escaped with their lives.

A team of their best mercenaries couldn’t take on a single Tyrant. This was unprecedented in the Guild’s history and resulted in Noctus Lagoon being registered as a forbidden zone for as long as the Tyrant resided there.

And now the Niskari Lord is facing that very same Tyrant.

Anger was visible in Bolragmal’s expression. It couldn’t stand being toyed with by a simple beast, but there was nothing the Aberration could do to overpower the Tyrant that was barely two thirds of its own size.

When the Aberration tried to match it with strength, its own limbs would break. When it tried to use trickery and feints, the black beast reacted instantly and countered them with incredible martial skill. Whenever it tried to rally its forces, the primatus would rally on their own and prevented its forces from interfering.

There was no end to its frustrations. Getting further pushed into a corner, it only had one option left if it ever hoped to survive.

Just as Zamorg was about to crush the Aberration, a change occurred that caused the entire battlefield to fall silent.

It was then that the changeling finally decided to act.

***

Once I finish with this arc, I'm gonna have to take a break. Though I say break, I'll just be finishing the arc of my other novel.

38