38. Crystal madness.
983 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh god, what the hell am I supposed to do now?! This thing has the speed and power to have a good chance of winning! Calm down Lisa, you're still faster, you can do this!

"Dra...gon?"

Huh? What is it saying? I'm not a dragon. Why are you calling out to me like that? It hadn't even done anything till now. Could it be... friendly?

"Dragon! Dragon! Dragoooon!"

"Destruction! Fire! Scared!"

Never mind! This thing is totally insane!

It kept on shouting these words, plus a bunch of words that I couldn't understand, I started backing away from it, and clenched the ground unknowingly.

Until finally, it had lunged at me while still shouting these words.

Woah! Oh crap!

I jumped backwards to the right as the crystal leapt towards me, it landed on the ground where I was and crushed the ground it landed on. Then, it leapt on all fours to change its direction to continue following me.

Holy crap! This thing is pretty freaking fast!

"Destroy! Dragon! Tyrants!"

What the hell are you even talking about?! Tyrants? I'm sorry dragons were tyrannical for you, but I'm not a dragon!

I flap my wings and send myself flying downwards as it comes flying up with a punch, then I retaliate with a flame whip to its center.

The results were less than impressive, only removing about 30 HP and slightly scorching its center.

The crystal then started growing crystals from the ground around me, I jumped up and flew higher to avoid the crystals. So they had changed their direction from creating a globe to trap me, to trying to skewer me.

I dodged around one of the crystal spikes, but from the spike, popped out the crystal human, who appeared from it suddenly.

As I was shocked from its sudden move, it planted its fist against my cheek, breaking my fangs, scales, and swinging me downwards.

I was blasted with unbelievable speed towards the ground, then I came into contact with it and began sliding against it, breaking it in the process, until I jumped up after a dozen meters of that.

Argh, my head! What the hell was that punch?! I didn't realize we were dealing with the "Greatest of all time"! (Hah! I understood that reference!) (Shut up boxer Lisa!)

Luckily, the crystal was still in mid air right now, so I could prepare slightly for its attacks, firstly, I need to understand how it came to attack me that way. Well, it looked like it grew from the crystal it shot, so I can assume it uses the crystals to travel, sort of similar to how Megalos uses the tree roots to travel.

So that means I can just attack the crystals to stop and damage it.

I decide to shoot flame bullets at the crystal while it was falling, at the same time, I started preparing a flame beam inside my mouth.

The crystal sees the flame bullets and then grows crystals from its hand to pull against the roof to get itself out of the way, the roof started to creak downwards because of the weight of the crystal, but it got itself out of the way of the crystal bullets.

Then, it grew crystals from both its hands, and pulled against the roof to boost itself towards me.

I expected that it would dodge the fire bullets, and I knew that it would try to get closer to me in one way or another. I was able to react to its speed, then I jumped above it as it dived face first into the ground, then started digging into the ground.

Then, it jumped up as it was underground, blasting a ton of rocks upwards towards me, which I used my wings to shield myself from. Then the crystal had jumped up to my level. It tried to go for a swipe at me, but I pushed myself over the attack with telekinesis. And as it was preparing another swing, I took an extremely deep breath, then unleashed the beam attack plus my flame breath.

The attack came in contact with the crystal, immediately clashing against it, then starting to push it away from me, it was launched towards the ground. Continuing to shout its words as it was blasted towards the ground.

I held up the beam attack for a solid three seconds, before finally stopping.

Haah, haah, that was quite exhausting, not only did it take nearly 150 EP to do that, but it also took 80 of my max SP. But the damage looks pretty worth it.

The ground was destroyed and the crystal was shoved into a small hole where it kept on getting pushed deeper into the ground by the fire beam. And it had done 312 damage to their HP.

"Hurt! Hurt! Hurt! Hurt! We! Hurt! Scared!"

"War! Fight! Freedom!"

... This thing, feels too human. It isn't an actual human though, there is just no way it's a Human.

Lisa! This thing is trying to kill you! This is no time to hesitate! It's a crystal, not a human!

The crystal started to grow crystals from where it was wounded, and started to heal itself. I wasn't going to let it just heal, so I started blasting its healing wounds with explosions. Everytime I swung my arm, an explosion would appear in its wounds. I managed to get three hits in until it finally started running towards me while healing.

It started growing crystals with even more frequency, and within seconds, I was trapped in a crystal jungle. I started exploding any crystal that would get get closer to me, in fear that one of them would contain the crystal person. An explosion rung out every second or two as the crystals would get closer. But then I finally stopped, because my EP was starting to get low. It had reached 100 points remaining.

It's time to rely on my other strategy, the one I was holding off for later. A mid fight level up.

I started to retreat to the direction of the crystal elites, and the crystal lord. The crystal human had now gone with its full might and started firing even more spikes, I kept retreating out of its range with all of my might, which kept me far from it due to the difference in our speeds.

Luckily, I was now only a few seconds away from the crystal elites, and the crystal lord. And when I finally saw them, my heart practically leapt.

I leapt forwards to the injured crystals, who were slowly healing, and with my full speed, I crashed into the center of the lord who was still fallen. Then, I had fired flames from every part of me.

The crystal lord roared, then his body shook, and finally, he had collapsed.

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 20]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Omni-linguality" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Omni-linguality" to lv. 3]
[3 evolutionary points were added]
[Stats increased]

Feeling my entire body be healed, and all of my EP restored was heavenly. I even started smiling unknowingly. I looked at my stats to be able to size up how big of a chance I stand against the crystal.

[Lisa] lv. 20

Species: Sofos
Status: Normal
Skill points: 84
Evolutionary points: 35
Stats:
Hp: 553/553
Ep: 471/471
Sp: 276/276 (Max: 498)
Stock: 20
Strength: 288
Defense: 278
Energy strength: 389
Energy defense: 270
Speed: 472

I might not have as high stats as that crystal, but man! Having full health and EP feels really good, and makes me confident of victory.

Prepare yourself crystal! Round 2 is about to begin!

40