39. Requiem mass for the crystals.
1.1k 10 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well then, time to get out of the insides of the lord.

Hup!

And with a swift jump, I was outside of the crystal lord's insides. When I looked around, I saw the person staring at me from one of the spikes it created. It didn't move and stayed silent for the first time.

Man, now you are making me feel awkward Mr. Crystal. I changed my mind, I prefer it when you were talking.

The elites attempted to go in for one more attack, but before they could even get up. The person had finally moved.

I began to prepare for its ambush. But that ambush never came, because the person didn't move towards me, it moved towards the elites.

Oh no, I ain't letting you power up even more.

I started flying towards the crystalline human who was mid-way towards one of the elites. The person had noticed that I was coming towards it, as it grew more crystal-like branches from one of the elites. Coming towards me and it.

I blast away the spikes with a fire wave, and then I spin and swat the crystal person with my tail at the same time.

The Crystalline human didn't take much damage, but that attack had knocked them flying away. They even started sliding across the floor after being dropped.

"Dragon! Fire! Death!"

So you returned to your old vocabulary then? At least you aren't guilting me with your words. I'm not a monster after all, I still get affected by words y'know?

...

Oi! Why aren't you getting up? I've counted up to 6 right now y'know? If you don't get up soon, it'll be a knockout!

Wait, no way!

I felt their energy starting to move extremely quickly under ground. And they were travelling towards one of the elites.

Damn it, staying passive was a mistake here! I should have been more aggressive! I'm currently shouting to hype myself up! Be aggressive! Wait what was I doing again? Oh right, stopping him.

I started shooting fireballs in front of where it was to stop them from moving, blasting the ground apart and breaking the spike it was using to travel, sending it flying out of the ground in the process.

When it lands it continues to run towards the elite. The elite had also started running towards it, growing more crystals along the way to reach each other faster.

Man, I really wanted to save the elites for another mid fight level up, but I guess I need to beat them now or this situation will get out of hand.

I dashed closer to the elite while preparing a condensed ball of fire that I held in front of my mouth. Then when I got closer, I launched the ball towards the middle of the elites' body. It attempted to dodge the attack, but it couldn't seeing as it was too large. The fireball pierces through the crystal all the way towards its center, but the Crystalline human had gotten to the lord through one of the spikes before the fireball could detonate.

"We. Heal."

As the fireball was detonating inside the elite, I saw the person breaking parts of the elites' crystal body down, then turning them into energy, which it absorbed into itself, healing its HP and EP a lot in the process.

Then the fireball had finally detonated, exploding the crystal elite, and blasting the crystal person away in the process. Unfortunately, it didn't take much damage, seeing as how the elite shielded it quite a bit from the explosion.

I look at its stats to see how much it recovered.

HP: 677/1112
EP: 233/671

Aw man, this sucks! All my hard work was erased just because it managed to heal, do you know how demotivating that is?! Ah well, better remove other possibilities for it to heal.

It started to travel with more spikes towards another one of the elites, and I immediately cut it off, destroying the crystals it used to move with fire. And then I shot the elite with another one of those condensed fireballs.

After landing the shot on the elite, I shot two more of these fireballs on the remaining ones. And soon, there were no more elites on the battlefield.

Wait, where is the crystal perso-

Because I focused on the elites for too long, the person got behind me and kicked me in the back. Breaking several bones, and sending me flying away.

Moving was painful, and my wings were broken, so flight was no longer an option. I don't think I can move at very high altitudes for long though.

Well, now is the time to get a skill for this job, I've been saving these skill points for a long time and I finally have something in mind.

Hey system! Give me a healing skill!

[Skill found. Would you like to obtain the skill "Regeneration lv. 1" for 15 skill points?]

Yeah yeah, I'm kinda focused on dodging here y'know?!

[Conditions fulfilled. Skill "Regeneration" lv. 1 was added]

... I just realized I don't really know what the hell this skill is. I can't believe I got too caught up in the battle! Woah?!

I jumped sideways as the person sandwiched me between two spikes, then I retaliated by throwing many concentrated fire bombs towards them.

Anyways let's just read the description of the skill really quickly!

[Regeneration]

[Healing techniques that regenerate the state of the body to it's original state. It can be used on anyone and can heal both wounds and lost limbs. Cannot cure genetic diseases or illnesses.]

Oh that's a nice skill, but I still have no idea how to use it! Wait, techniques... I'll just try to heal myself in general!

Immediately when I tried applying energy to my body, I understood how to do it and what to do, and shortly, I began to feel my bones mend themselves.

Holy crap! Would you look at that EP usage?! It uses way too much! 70 EP in a second?! I'm now at 180 EP thanks to it! I'll just let Automatic hp recovery do its job for now.

We were locked in a routine in this battle. The crystalline human would continue charging and I'd continue moving backwards, a cycle that would continue for long, until I start getting closer to more crystals, and not wanting them to come to life or heal the person. I finally faced it one on one.

The Crystalline human swings its fist sideways towards me, and I jump over its swing, and jump over its head behind it. Where I blasted it with a few fire bombs on its back and with my fire breath.

It retaliated by kicking, I couldn't completely dodge it as I was more focused on attacking to be able to react from a close attack, and got kicked in my arm.

The force from the attack shattered the scales on my arm, and blood oozed out of the smashed area. The bones weren't broken, but that attack dislocated my shoulder.

Ow, it hurts. But it only has 300 more HP, so only a few more steps to victory! You can do this Lisa!

"Hurt. Dying? We. Death?"

The Crystalline human stopped chanting its chant of dragon, destruction and fire, and instead, started fearing for its life.

...

I jump over the crystal and start covering it with flammable poison, everytime the crystal would come in for an attack I would jump over it and cover it in more flammable poison.

"We. Hurt?! Scared! Help! Seraphin! Help!"

Seraphin... is it a friend of theirs? Or perhaps a hero of some sort? No point in listening to what it is saying, it's just a crystal, it doesn't understand what it is saying.

I continue covering the crystal in flammable material, jumping over every single attack as they slowly became more erratic.

"Seraphin! Save. Us!"

"Don't. Want. Fight. Want. War. End."

I finally covered it in enough flammable poison, and then I began preparing an extremely concentrated fire bomb close to my mouth, which I was going to increase the strength of with my fire breath.

"We. Tired. Want. Go. Home."

"Research. Fail. Dragon. Return. Destroy. Energy. Not. Worth."

Are they trying to speak to Seraphin? Do they think he is here?

... don't worry, I will let you all rest soon enough. You'll all go back to your homes.

They continued creating spikes around me, trying to trap me in a forest of crystals, but this time, I didn't escape, and I jumped over it for the final time. And fired my attack.

"Fire. Hot. Vanishing. Scared. Not. Want. Die. Want. Go. Home. Want. Give. Up. No. Need. Power."

An explosion sparked nearly instantly after firing my bomb that was boosted with my fire breath. We were both engulfed by the explosion. Although it was far more concentrated at the crystals side.

"Aah. Seraphin. We. Sorry. We. Leave. Rest. To. You. Please. Save. Man. Kind."

And finally, they had finally collapsed in front of me.

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 21]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Steel-will" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Steel-will" to lv. 4]
[Stats increased]

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 22]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Regeneration" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Regeneration" to lv. 2]
[Stats increased]

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 23]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Clear mind" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Clear mind" to lv. 4]
[Stats increased]

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 24]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Simultaneous thinking" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Simultaneous thinking" to lv. 3]
[Stats increased]

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 25]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Stealth" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Stealth" to lv. 5]
[Stats increased]

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 26]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Energy absorption" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Energy absorption" to lv. 2]
[Stats increased]

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 27]

[5 skill points were added]
[Conditions fulfilled. Skill "Cooking" lv. 1 was added]
[Stats increased]

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 28]

[5 skill points were added]
[Proficiency of skill "Flying" reached the required amount. Increasing level of skill "Flying" to lv. 5]
[Stats increased]

[Required exp amount reached. Lisa leveled up to lv. 29]

[5 skill points were added]
[Stats increased]

I was assaulted by a barrage of notifications and a massive headache. But I didn't feel satisfied over that many level ups. Just... hollowness.

I pray that you find peace Mr. Crystal people, wherever you all are right now.

Happy new year! A little late, but what can you do about it? Hopefully this year is good eh?

39