Side story 4: Exploring a city.
1.7k 7 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*POV Will*

[Skill "Eltherian language" leveled up to lv. 3]

"Come on Isaac. Can you say, sword?" Said Elina as she starts pointing at the wooden sword in front of me.

"Sw... ord."

"Great job Isaac! Amazing, you are ... ...! ... that or I'm a ... at ..."

Aw thank you, I still didn't understand a lot of what you said, but I'm still happy that you praised me. Ah, she has such a nice smile.

Aah, her face is just incredible, I could stare at her for hours. Thank you god for reincarnating me with such a beauty.

"You learn so ..., I'm ... you will ... a great ... for this land. Just like your ..."

Haah, I wish I had a higher level language skill, just so I can understand what she meant.

"But it is very ... that a one and a half year old is so, well, calm, ... and ..."

Yeah, it would be unbelievable to think that a child would have the mind of an adult, surely that is impossible?

Anyways, I really would love to learn more about the world, there were some picture books around here that had some illustrations of a kind of energy around a person, and that person somehow manipulating it. And releasing it in the form of fire.

This being another world and all, I assumed that it was like a manual of sorts, something to teach you how to use magic. And I tried doing it like the pictures, couldn't really do anything though, I mean I couldn't even feel the stuff. So I had to find another chapter on how to sense it, so I did, and was greeted with the strangest thing till now.

[Skill "Energy perception" lv. 1 was added]

Now that was the weirdest thing I had ever seen since being reborn here, game mechanics? In a real world? That is unbelievable to the highest degree. I mean, is this even a real world?

Well, I don't know, but it certainly is better than my previous one, being poor to the bring of despair is not healthy for someone.

I managed to bring my energy perception all the way to lv. 3 but that wasn't the only thing I did, I also discovered that you can buy skills. I knew that god had put something called an Appraisal key in me, so after a bunch of tries, I managed to find out that I could get Appraisal as a skill. Which, was pretty useless actually, I only got it to lv. 2, and using it would give me a headache that was enough to nearly split my head in two. So I kind of just left it abandoned after a while.

But skills isn't what is important now. What's important is that I want to learn more about human civilization in this world, I mean, this house has a proper plumbing systems, tap water and everything like that. And I even saw some important looking people carrying freaking revolvers! Not the modern day version, but somewhat similar to the one that was used like a hundred and fifty years ago. Although it had a few parts that I didn't know.

Wait, can't I just ask Elina to let me see the outside world? I mean, I only got to appreciate the guarden in here. But I want to see what a city would look like.

"El... ina. I go out... side?"

"he can ... use long ...?! This child ... is ..."

She starts talking to herself with a little bit of a stern look and a frown.

Crap, I may have overdone it, kids don't say long sentences will! Or isaac, eh, whatever these two names are interchangeable.

Suddenly, that look vanishes and she look at me with a smiling face.

"Well, you do have to learn about the ..., since you are the son of the ... of ..." She stops for a moment, furrowing her brows for a moment. "... very well, we may go for a very quick ... ... the ..."

She picks me up and starts to head outside.

I guess that means that she will take me around town, but. O-Oi? Aren't you gonna call guards or anything like that?! Well, this is a fantasy world, so she could have like magic and stuff. Now that I think of it, I saw a couple of officer looking dudes bowing to her as she passed. Why does she have so much respect, despite not being in a job that requires combat experience? Haah, that is for future Isaac to worry about.

Finally, she put me in a stroller, and finally took me out into the outside. We were still in the estate of my father, but I could still see the city.

Brilliant tall buildings made of stone were lined up, with a large portion of land in front of the estate being a garden, the buildings were reminiscent of a Victorian era city, with a mixture of metal and stone, between buildings, there were the occasional steel platforms linking them together. And these platforms were used by powerful officers who would jump from them, who would carry a rifle, a revolver and a sword.

The roads were wide and had many people bustling around, all wearing brightly colored clothing, some doing business, and some comparing weapons. Looking around, I could even see someone using what looked like a really old car.

Th-This is amazing, it's beyond anything I ever imagined, and what's even stranger, is that there is no smoke coming out of that car! What energy could be powering that vehicle? Is it magic? God, magic is just too convenient.

Elina pushed the stroller all the way to the exit of the estate, talked with the guard there, and finally, we had left.

When we start travelling towards a shopping area looking place, we were saluted by several of these officers, and a bunch of citizens would all greet in their way, taking off their hats, saluting, or waving.

We stop at a fruits shop while we were exploring, the shop keeper looks a little surprised once he sees us and immediately nudges his stoic looking co-worker.

"A-Ahem, ..., dear ... what would you like to have today?"

I heard that ahem y'know? Not very professional...

"Hm, I would like half a kilogram of ... please."

The shopkeeper starts stuffing a bunch of extremely large strawberries into a paper bag. Then handed it over to Elina.

Elina started pulling out a few banknotes; as the man had stopped her. "Oh, no, no, no. It is free of charge miss ..."

Elina stopped halfway through putting away her money. "Oh? You remember that old name?"

"Y-Yes, of course, you were a hero! ... ... in mid-air ..., I wanted to be like you when I was ..."

Elina had a grim face for an extremely short period of time, but then she had laughed quietly.  "Ahahah, I did not ... I had ... that ... me, but my time on the ... is over. I am now a ... for the next ..."

"Of ..., he will ... a great man like the great ... under your ..."

"You ... me, but now I will be ..."

"Goodbye, miss ..."

As we turn to leave, I hear him start arguing with his friend, but they get drowned out by the voices of the people.

"I think that is ... ... for now, we must ... to the ... as soon as ..., we are not ... to stay out for long ... of time."

She starts returning to the estate, and as we were returning, she started feeding me one of the small pieces of fruit that she had. The fruit was a perfect balance between hard and soft, somewhere in between an apple and a banana, and tasted really sweet. It was pretty tasty.

This trip was pretty short, but I was really glad to have it, at least I had a change of scenery, so I want to at least let her know my appreciation for her.

"Love... you."

"You love me? Aw, well aren't you cute! I love you too Isaac." She says as she pinches my cheek softly.

I started smiling unknowingly after that, and we had finally returned to the estate.

Bit of a change from the normal story, you can take it as a fluff break.

32