Chapter 5
499 13 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Notes from Emmy:
I was worried I wouldn't be able to get this one done for you tonight, but I couldn't help it! Elody won't let me not tell her story!
For those interested, I left a link on my profile page to the playlist I created and have been listening to during my writing binges.
As always, thank you for reading and thank you for your kind words. It means everything to this fox!
Emmy

 

                The feeling of falling suddenly vanished and before I could catch myself, I found myself hitting the ground. Heart racing, I sat up and looked around and noted I was in some sort of laboratory.

                Giant glass tubes large enough to hold at least two or three full-grown men lined the walls, with  what looked to be control surfaces connected to them via large industrial cables off to the side of each contraption. Each of these tubes was filled with a strange glowing green fluid that reminded me a lot of those glow sticks you sometimes saw at raves, the substance with in too thick to make out any details like if they contained bodies or not. For some reason, I got the distinct impression it was probably best to not look too closely.

                The walls of this place were slate-grey, with wires and tubes snaking all over the place in what looked like an unorganized tangle. Just trying to follow their path had my head spinning. This place was weird.

                Large industrial lights hung from fixtures overhead, bathing the room in a spooky light that clashed harshly with the glowing green of those giant glass things. Despite the obvious medical nature of the place, dust and grime clung to the concrete floor an metal surfaces, making the place feel even more… Something. Honestly, this place gave me the creeps. It vaguely reminded me of some old horror film I had watched many years ago about a guy who had genetically engineered these super soldiers for the military but had inadvertently created the zombie apocalypse. Cliché, I know, but still.

                I started to pull myself to my feet and that’s when I noticed it. What the hell?

                I looked down at my body, my very feminine body and squeaked. Yup, that was definetly a girly squeak too. I dropped back on my haunches and that’s when I felt my tail. Bloody hell! That didn’t feel good!

                I rolled onto my side and reached behind me to feel… Wo! It was soft, like really soft, like softer than any stuffed animal I had ever owned, and I could feel it, could literally feel my small hand rubbing where I had pinched it between me and the floor. Okay, this was just too strange. Carefully, I held my tail as I slowly sat up once more. Wow! I felt so small, so tiney compared to my real body. I let go of my tail and brought my hands up in front of my face and examined them. They were small, thin with slender fingers. Very cute. I spent a moment poking and prodding my palms, enjoying how soft and not so rough they felt compared to my normal hands.

                Okay, if I had these feminine hands, then it stands to reason that… I ran my hands up my arms, noting how soft and smoothe the skin was. Once at my shoulders, I allowed my fingers to trail down the leather material of my sleeveless jacket until…

                “Holey shit!” I squeaked, my voice sounding so much higher than what I was used to. I had boobs! Like, real, well virtually real, honest to the Booby Goddesses real boobs!

                I’m glad that no one was in that lab with me, because I might have spent a good long moment examining my new chest equipment, which… Yeah, that would have been a fun one to explain.

                So wait, if I had boobs, did that mean? I leaned back on one hand and extended my much shorter but much more fit than real life legs strait out and shoved my hand under the waistband of my leggings. Oh my god! I did have… I mean…

                I pulled my hand back out and stared at it for a long while. Okay, so this was weird. I wasn’t supposed to be in this avatar. I had to have somehow screwed up when I went to clear this profile. There had to be a way to fix this, right? I mean, I couldn’t be the only person to end up in this position before?

                I accessed the in game menu and navigated to the avatar settings and looked for something, anything that would help. Of course, nothing there save for the basic info about my character. The system had even randomized me a name as I hadn’t selected one during creation. Elody? That was… Something.

                I closed that menu and pulled up a browser window and went to the games homepage. Within a few seconts I had the FAQ section open. It took me a little longer, but I finally found the section I needed, which seemed oddly specific.

                Q: HELP! I rolled as the wrong gender! What do I do?

                A: If this happens to you, note that there’s a seven-day policy on rerolling. If after seven days you still feel the need to regenerate your character, then you can do so by selecting the “reroll” icon in “Character/Avatar Options.” Please be aware that your account will be charged a $7,500.00 fee when this option is selected, and you will also not be able to reroll once more for 180 days to prevent character spamming.

                Well that was just wonderful. I glanced through other answers to other questions, but couldn’t find anything else that applied to my situation. I closed my browser window with a sigh and dropped my hands in my lap. Dam, girl thies felt so different. I looked down at my legs, my hands, my breasts and even my lavender frosted hair which hung down into my line of sight. I had to play as a girl for a week before I could reroll? Okay, could be worse, but that price though. I couldn’t afford that right now.

                I Looked up and stared at one of the glowing glass tubes and that’s when I saw it. There, slightly reflected in the glass was my silhouette. My jaw dropped in amazement, and before I could stop myself, I was on my feet, walking slowly up to the scary looking tank. Finally, I was close enough to really see my reflection and despite the green light blurring the image, I was stunned.
                I was short, even if you counted my large white fox ears. I looked just like the avatar I had created yet, somehow… I didn’t feel so detached from the reflection as I usually did when I looked at myself in mirrors and the like. I extended one hand out to the tank and stopped just short of touching the glass, noting how the figure in the glass followed my movement exactly.
                “Hi. My name is Elody.” The words just slipped right off my tongue as if my mouth was accustomed to them. The feeling that welled up from inside of me was… Indescribable. I felt gitty, high, like I had just gotten the best news ever, like… So many things I couldn’t properly word.

                “Hi, my name is Elody,” I said again, this time with more meaning and heart behind it. The voice was different than what I was used to, but not in a bad way. I stared at my reflection and brought my hands to feel my face, soft, all gental curves, smoothe. When I touched my whiskers though, it felt like electricity ran from the point of contact down my spine. That was different.

                Standing there, I used the reflection of the glass tube to orient myself to my new body. It took me a while, but I figured out how to use my tail and ears which was a very strange experience. Not bad, just… When you can wrap your own floofy fluffy tail around your body like wrapping up in a comfy blanket, you’ll understand what I mean. Throughout all of this though, the one thing I couldn’t let go of was just how incredible I felt.

                There were no feelings of dysphoria, not that I really knew what those feelings were, but I imagined them to be the worst feeling in the world. Strange that was. I actually felt really comfortable in this body, but I supposed it could also be the elation of finally being back in VR after months of financially imposed abstinence. Maybe a week as a cute Gothic fox girl wouldn’t be so bad? I mean, this didn’t feel wrong or anything so yeah… Maybe I would be just fine.

                After a bit, I finally turned back to look at the room I had spawned in. I figured the first thing I needed to do was figure out where I was then maybe get ahold of Zac. Oh damn, he was going to flip out when he saw me! Surprisingly, the thought of him seeing me in my fox girl form didn’t bother me. I half expected to feel embarrassment or shame or… Something, but instead, I was kinda excited.

                The first thing I did was pull up a map. It was a top down thing that showed general locations of cities and landmarks without crowding you with too many details. If you wanted to learn more about a region, you simply interacted with its icon to get more information. I was in a place called Black Light Canyon, or at least an unnamed city that was built into the walls of the canyon. According to the map, I was pretty damn far from West Haven City.

Ooookay, this wasn’t good. This meant I was effectively on my own. I was a first level fox girl avatar in a world full of freaky mutants and zombies that no doubt would want to hurt me pretty bad. At least I had made my stats pretty good though, so I just needed to pay attention to my surroundings, stay out of trouble and try not to get killed in the first hour or two of playing. That shouldn’t be too difficult, right?

                I pulled up my contacts, found Zac’s number and sent him a text.

Felix: Hey, I’m in game but I kinda screwed up during chargen and ended up in a place called Black Light Canyon. I looked at the map and it looks like we’re really far from each other.

Zac: Oh shit, yeah, that’s pretty far. Be careful, lots of aggressives up there. I’ve not been there yet, but I hear it’s pretty hardcore.

Felix: Shit, that’s just great. Any ideas what I should do?

Zac: Yeah, don’t die.

Felix: …
Zac: I’m sending you a thing. It’s the streaming software. I want you to start recording what happens. We can always use the footage as an intro video or something to your stream once we get it up.

Felix: But I don’t even know what I’m doing yet.

Zac: Yup! And that’s the best part! {Attachment}

Felix: You’re enjoying this too much.

Zac: Your pain is my pleasure.

Felix: Asshole.

Zac: You know it. Hey. Try and stay alive. I know some people with some vehicles. Might take a bit but I’ll get to you.

Felix: I’ll do my best.

Zac: Hey, what did you roll as?

Felix: You’ll see.
Zac: ?

Felix: Godda run. Message you later.

Zac: Hey, no fair!...

                I closed my messenger and brought up the installer for the software package Zac had sent me. After a few minutes I had the thing installed and suddenly there was a virtual camera floating in the air in front of me. That would not help my anxiety if I had to see that thing following me all the time. It took a few, but I eventually found the settings for the thing and set it to invisible. Once done, I told it to start recording.

                Once that was all finished, I returned my attention to the room I was in, this time my eyes looking for some form of door or exit out of  this place. It didn’t take long, for at one end of the room I spied a large shiney rectangular thing set into the wall. If it looked like a door, then it might act like a door too.

                I walked to the door slowly, still trying to get a feel for how this body worked. It was strange. I could feel my hips naturally swaying as I walked, my tail waving in time to my movements helping to keep me balanced. As I neared the door, it suddenly opened on its own, scaring me half to death. Okay Elody, it’s just an automatic door. It’s not like you haven’t seen these a billion times in your life.

                As I glanced through the opening, I found myself looking down a long corridor. The same lights that hung on the ceiling in the lab also hung here two, each spaced apart equidistantly. At the far end of the hall I could see another door with a universally recognizable red  exit sign above it. Great! Progress!

                I stepped through and fought down the reflex to jump as the door behind me hissed shut once more. I really needed to stop acting like a big baby. I was a cute as fuck goth fox girl, with a sword! That’s right, I could fuck anything up that came at me, anything!

                I held my head just a little bit higher as I moved purposely down the hall, though my ears which seemed to be attuned  to my emotions layed back against the back and sides of my head. Clearly they didn’t understand what a fox girl with a sword could do. Don’t worry little, erm, big ears, I’ll protect you.

                Finally, I reached the door and braced myself as they too slid open of their own accord. “What in the…”

                I suddenly understood why they called this place black Light Canyon. The sky above glowed with an eerie light, not quite blue, not quite purple. It was the same exact kind of light you’d get if you turned on an actual black light. If that wasn’t enough though, there was a strange pink lightning flickering through the sky silently between clouds the color of iodine. The developers must have been on some really good drugs when they envisioned this place. Psychedelic didn’t even cover it. I had to admit, it looked pretty kickass once you got your mind around what your eyes were telling you.

                I stepped through the door, and just like the first, it too closed behind me with an audible hiss. Out here, the air felt electric. The soft fluffy fur on my ears and tail stood up as though I had been supercharged with static, and just at the edge of my hearing I could detect a slight hum like you’d hear from those old florescent lights. As I focused on it, I could tell that the sound came from above me. Was that the sky making those noises?

                I turned my attention from the sky to look around me. I was on a street of some kind. People moved quietly, too quietly as they walked to their destinations. It was unsettling to say the least. Neon signs hung from windows where shops resided, the people who moved in and out doing so silently. Just what the hell was going on here.

                Deciding I wasn’t going to get any answers standing around, I shrugged my shoulders and curled my tail around my midsection. Wow, it was glowing a light blue. Must have been an effect of the sky or something. I Stepped across the street and approached a man who was coming out of one of the buildings.

                “Hey,” I called. “Hey, excuse me,” but the man, seeing me approaching him raised one hand and backed away before turning and darting into a doorway. Well that was rood.

                I turned to find someone else and spied a lady with three arms moving quickly down a side street, “Hey, I just want to ask you…” Suddenly, everyone on the street stopped and turned to face me. Some had murder in their eyes, others fear. Just what in the actual hell was going on here. As I opened my mouth to say something, I felt a hand snake around my waist and lift me off my feet.

                I struggled to get out of the grasp of who ever had me, but I found that they were much too large for me to use physical strength. I tried to reach for one of my weapons, but another hand restricted both my arms, just how the hell did they do that? Finally, I decided I was going to give them a piece of my mind, but when I opened my mouth to start my rant, my legs still kicking harmlessly against my captor, a meaty hand slammed over my mouth.

                My anxiety kicked into overdrive, and deprived of oxygen, I flipped the fuck out. I tried using my elbows, knees, anything I could to break free but it was useless. Finally, I screamed through my nose. If this bastard was taking me somewhere, I wasn’t going quietly. Suddenly, I felt something hard impact the side of my head, and just like that, I was out for the count.

Do you like what I do?
Tips and donations keep this fox girl a-writing!
https://ko-fi.com/emmerelfox

22