II Chapter 29 – A quick visit at Hyuga Compound
673 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So how are we going to do this?" Itachi asked them as the three of them stood at a rarely passed by alleyway that bordered right to the Hyuga compound.

"We only need the outer edge Itachi, so the guard won't be too tight.", Tsukiko noted and narrowed her eyes, "I could still pull Rank you know Gene, I am not entirely convinced that is a good idea."

"How long would the discussion be led for until we gain official permission?"

"Alright, we sneak in.", Tsukiko drew her Tanto blades from the Kimono sash and looked at Gene. "Make us invisible please." 

"I have sleeping powder, might be helpful.", Itachi drew out smoke bombs apparently filled with sleeping powder from his Storage seal.

"Why are you having sleeping powder in your Storage seal?", Tsukiko and Gene asked as he shrugged his shoulders. 

"I am friends with you two, and I do suspect whatever is in your storage seals isn't standard equipment either." He answered them, and Gene made her seals. He had a point.

[Water style: Vanishing]

Soon afterwards, the three of them vanished in plain sight. "Gene, how big of a distance can you manage?" Tsukiko asked her while jumping upwards. 

"Twenty metres.", she answered, "But I believe the risk of you and Itachi being discovered is pretty low, since my Chakra signature will overshadow yours through its constant use for the Jutsu." 

"We have to work out that glitch, this thing is damn practical." Tsukiko looked downwards as Itachi handed her a sleeping powder bomb.  "I am starting to see why the Hokage is teaching you his Jutsus Tsukiko.", Itachi muttered, "You don't have the Chakra capacity to make trouble with them." 

"Don't tell me you can use that?", she hissed, and Itachi shrugged his shoulders, jumping downwards. "No, I don't have water affinity, but technically I have the Chakra to use it." 

Together they sneaked past the guards, invisible to the naked eye. The outer perimeters were truly only sparsely guarded. Following beaten paths through the lush gardens they saw only a few maids and guards walking around, no one seemed to be bothered by anything. 
Tsukiko used a body flicker to move up a tree and have a comfortable view from above, nodding at them that everything was fine. "Another twenty meters, and then we should be among the barracks of the average Hyuga citizens." she muttered and Gene nodded, following along. Itachi in front, followed by Tsukiko with Gene slightly behind in her crutches. If anyone attacked, Itachi could defend while Tsukiko rushed forward and Gene had the time to unleash a Jutsu to incapacitate every odd opponent that could cross their path.

The barracks looked similar to the Uchiha, without the small gardens, it was in itself all somewhat smaller. Tsukiko looked at the Hyuga walking through the barraks and shook her head. "I am only a novice at sealing at best, but even I can see that whatever the majority of them is wearing cannot be good news." she muttered and Itachi looked at her surprised. 
"They are wearing seals?" he asked as she nodded. 
"On their foreheads, now come, Seiyus place should be one of the bigger places since his brother is considered rather talented. Most likely further in the back." 

Jumping from one roof to another, thy silently made their way, after all most on the outer perimeter were non Shinobi. The people underneath seemed to be well cared for as the bigger apartments came into view and Gene spotted Seiyus brother entering through a door.

Tsukiko jumped over and dangled from a window, still signing them to be silent. Gene followed along her casket leg making a small sound that had her curse internally while Itachi remained on the lookout. 

Tsukiko pointed at the window. Let us listen, she muttered and Gene nodded, yeah Listening, the first and easiest way to gather information.  

"Have any of you seen Seiyu?" They heard his brother ask his parents. 

"No I don't, I thought he wanted to meet his friends, he didn't even appear for breakfast, but that was not unusual enough to worry he has been doing that lately.", that must be his mother. 

"I see, but he wasn't at the exams today, I mean it was obvious he wouldn't pass, but he did it without even trying." Seiyus brother sounded genuinely upset. "I go to his room, maybe he has locked himself in there again." 

"Sei!", a voice, echoed through the room as s door banged open. After that nothing happened and the two girls hanging on the window still were both surprised when Seiyus brother stormed down the stairs and was sounding even more upset than before.  "Where is this useless brother of mine?"

"Sho!" His mother thundered, "You have no right to speak about your brother like that and if he isn't here than he isn't here, rather I worry something happened if he didn't attend the graduation exam, he was really excited about it." 

"Ah come on, then he is just put playing again, he'll come back at dinner, he does that sometimes.", Hyuga the older muttered and signed. "Now I have to go search for that hardheaded fool, if he just skipped because he got cold feet I'm going to kick him." 

Gene and Tsukiko looked at each other before swinging back and forth to gain leverage and let go to tap on the window still with their feet and jump over back to Itachi. 

"He isn't home.", Tsukiko muttered. 

"It makes no sense to remain here.", Gene agreed, and together they made their way back the way to their entrance point, leaving the Hyuga behind. Outside, Gene dissolved their vanishing and rolled her shoulders. "This is beyond strange." 

29