II Chapter 30 – Worries
712 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Still worrying about Seiyu they decided to split up in the search of their friend, each of them taking another piece of Konoha to search. Gene covered the entire north as she moved through one street after another, one alleyway after another, the sun slowly setting. 
No one had seen him, no one knew what he had done the day, even the northern training grounds and a bit outside the city were completely devoid of him, no one there. 

Gene was feeling lost when she arrived at central plaza, she still had no clue where Seiyu had vanished to. Itachi also came shortly later, shrugging his shoulders as helplessly as she did, he had no clue where their friend had vanished to. Now they were waiting for Tsukiko to come who also appeared after a while holding a folder in her hand. 

"I didn't find him.", she announced first thing they came and Gene and Itachi both told her neither did they. 

"This is strange, how can Seiyu simply vanish?", Itachi noted and the two girls with him agreed, none of them had a clue where he vanished to. 

"I set my two Minions on a searching mission for him for now, if anything serious happened they should figure it out, or they don't deserve the Name of Anbu." Tsukiko said and fiddled with the folder in her hand before opening it. "That aside, I have brought your guard posts with me.", she handed them a sheet of paper. "Take a look." 

"Guard Posts?", Gene asked and saw that she was marked down on the eastern section of the village 

"Mhh, Minato gave me those, he is being close to paranoia due to Kushinas birth." Tsukiko cracked her neck. "I honestly think he is over worrying, I brought a bunch of seals for this, wait I have an Idea for Seiyu, where are my Minions?" 

"I am sorry Tsukiko, what are Minions?", Itachi asked and both of them looked at him, oh yeah there was something. 

"Followers, Goons, Subordinates, Cohort, Supporters, quasi servants so on." 

"Ah, I see." Itachi looked at the paper and frowned. "This is getting more and more difficult as it is getting strange.", he muttered, and the other two looked at him. "I mean, Minato-sensei is worried about his wife, and let us be frank he is putting everything else second, we have a mysterious invader, Kushina giving birth and an Uchiha Traitor and to make things even worse now Seiyu vanished and weren't there to few guards at the Hyuga? They are similarly structured to the Uchiha, and we have even on a perfectly normal day more guards than what we encountered and Hyuga are bigger than a matter of fact, their branch families more numerous since they keep meticulous records due to their Dojutsu."

"You are right.", Tsukiko agreed, "But there is nothing special going on in concern of the Hyuga as far as I know, I mean nothing out of the norm."

"What if something happened to Seiyu because of the Byakugan, I mean people have been trying to kidnap members of the Hyuga for a long time for their Dojutsu." Gene said, tilting her head. "Is anyone here right now who would do something like that?"

"Suspects there are enough, but it makes no sense to kidnap Seiyu, in any case he doesn't have a Byakugan." Tsukiko argued against that and shrugged her shoulders. "If they are after that why kidnap someone who doesn't have the Dojutsu from a remote side branch." 

"Because of his brother.", Itachi said, "You said it yourself, the side branch is not very well guarded, but they do have the latent genes to be born as Byakugan users, like Seiyu's brother. Not only was he born with a Byakugan, he activated it fairly young too, and they are twins if you don't know them it is very much possible to mistake one for the other and vice versa." 

"You mean, someone wanted to kidnap Hyuga the older twin but kidnapped Seiyu instead because they look similar?" Gene asked him pretty unbelieving as Tsukiko shrug her shoulders. 

"Worth a shot we do have people from other nations all over the place, I need more Minions to have the angle properly investigated tough." 

"Why don't you borrow some from Minato?" 

"Dearest Genevieve to your common sense, Minato is actually the biggest boss in the village, I can't simply borrow his Minions just because. If I want to do that I need a reason that is more than Itachi having a gut feeling and a side branch, even if talented and my friend, Hyuga that vanished."

"I know that much, maybe he just wanted a day of calm and peace, or really got cold feet before the exams, or maybe he had an accident and was at the hospital long home by now, there are a lot of reasons." She answered. "But I still worry about him and have a real bad feeling about this.." 

"I get it, but there is nothing we can do about it right now, there are bigger things to push forward.", Tsukiko seemed to look exhausted for once. "I make sure this entire issue with Seiyu can be investigated by you having the support of my Minions if he does not reappear tomorrow you have access to whatever information you need even the top secret ones, okay?" 

"Fine, thanks Tsukiko."

"Don't thank me Seiyu is also my friend, now let us get to our guarding position, we will be relieved there in a few hours, as Genin we got the first and most convenient shift." 

 

27