II Chapter 31 – Night of the Fox (I)
727 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On their guard posts, Gene was together with Kakashi and a friend of his, who was screaming, Youth! Youth Rocks as soon as he saw her, walking in a green spandex. She recognized him, Mighty Guy, Tsukikos kind of I am spying, eh, learning, Taijutsu from him, she avoided him as he jumped at her. Kakashi simply frowned, as he did oftern at seeing that he was paired on a post in close proximity of them. 

"Hey Gene.", he greeted her. 

"Hi Kakashi." 

Together, each of them went to sit on a comfortable for them spot. Gene claimed one of the higher ones where she had an almost perfect view of anything approaching, a bit of wind blew, and she smelled a bit of rain, looking into the direction the wind came from, the south, warm winds. Meanwhile, Guy started walking on his hands chnaging to doing kicking practice at some point. He stood the furthest to the edge. Kakashi was a little closer, but sitting on the wall observing like Gene did. 

"It's peaceful.", Gene muttered. "Maybe we finally have a night of peace?"

"You are dreaming, Gene, this is merely the calm before a storm that has been approaching and brewing for a long time.", Kakashi answered and Gene went quiet, she couldn't deny he had a point, this all it was almost to calm. 

"Don't be so grim Kakashi, little Gene, just be positive and feel the youth. Youth will overcome everything!" Guy called out and Gene had to giggle while Kakashi snorted before going silent, he shuued Guy and closed his eye. 

"Gene, bow." He whispered, suddenly hundreds of Shinobi appeared, each of them on another spot on the walls. The tension in the air was dreadfully. "Kushina is in the hospital."

"Hopefully that little baby of hers hurries up before anything happens." Gene muttered and put an arrow on her bow. "Not that I will lose again." 

"We are just here to make things difficult for them.", Kakashi muttered. 

"I sure hope we have got to do more, I have a certain bastard to rip into very small pieces.", Gene's voice went dark as she started having glowing eyes and saw in full color, the gray and back changing into the vibrant green of the lush forest ahead, detecting even the smallest difference in color. "If he would just come out on this piece of forest I will put an arrow through his head, point-blank." 

She smiled viciously, unlike her usual jovial sense. 

I kind of like this feeling. 

The tension stifling high, the stakes even higher and the fight waiting to happen, it felt amazing and at the same time suffocating with the adrenaline shooting through her veins. 

Don't think but move. 

She infused Chakra into her arrow and waited, the cold around her increasing steadily forgetting her still slightly incapacitated leg. 

I won't let that bastard go unscanted again. 

The voices underneath them were being blown to the walls as she saw the first change of tinge in the green. A flash, in the corner of her eye, she raised her bow and drew, calming her breathing until it was close to nonexistent. A faint blue glow moved from her arrow. 

After all I don't have to hide again. 

She had no clue how long they had been waiting when suddenly a crash came from one of the walls and debris was flying all around her. She kept her eyes open and screamed. "Southern wall.", before standing, shell shocked. A giant fox was suddenly roaring to the sky, Gene shivered. 

Move. 

Her body refused. 

MOVE!

Suddenly she shot forward admits many others. 

This is no time to be afraid!

She shot forward, to the very top among the Elite Shinobi. "Stay behind me for a second!", she shouted and, for some reason, the others went a split second slower before she focused and shot the arrow on her bow. The arrow went completely silent from her arrow, glowing bright blue it turned, and the wind moved with it creating a miniature tornado around it, A frost covered arrow shot forward admits a small tornado filled with glowing blue Chakra as it hit the fox and directly at the head and the fox screamed as his head was hit and thrown aside, part of his orange fur was now colored white, frozen, but it melted in the blink of an eye.  

A let out a breath and suddenly the fear was gone, it was exchanged by the headiness of battle. 

Move! Dance! Only the strong may gain victory, now that this fox is angry at you. 

She did exactly that, she moved out of the way when one of the Ninetails tails aimed for her while putting another two arrows on her bow, infusing Chakra. 

Six left. 

The arrows left her bow and hit again. Both arrows were blown aside by the Kyuubis tail as it raised its paw and went to hit for her. She shifted to the left and grinned. 

There you go. 

The guarding on her leg shattered. 

Twisting in flight she used an Ice piece to push her foot against and catapult her upwards to the left while avoiding one of the Kyuubis Nine tails as around her a firework of Jutsu exploded, the bordering to her Jutsu almost blinded her as she closed her eyes and jumped backwards, a bit of red coming from the side. 

S*t, I can't avoid that. 

26