II Chapter 36 –Aftermath
720 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An ample breakfast and a short discussion later the fact that she had to decide now fully arrived and on she thought of the sigils on her Tunic. One Uchiha-Fan and one snowflake right next to each other. 

The snowflake was the symbol of her family in this world, her blood-related family, one she couldn't remember but still family, the other stood for the family that took her in, adopted her, cared for her in the last years and where Shisui and Itachi lived, those two were among the most important people in her life here and now, in Konoha, the hidden leaf. There was still Tsukiko whom she could ask, but Tsukiko had chosen her place long ago, it had always just been a matter of time until she decided to take on the Hatake name, the menace had no family name to give up, to decide upon. Gene had one, but she couldn't remember, entire years utterly wiped from her mind as if there had been nothing even if she knew there had to be something somewhere. 

Genevieve Uchiha, Genevieve Yuki, no longer Bernaude, maybe she had an entirely different first-name she couldn't remember, it was strange, it felt so damn strange and was so damn confusing. 

In doubt, what would Anuk do? She would probably just tell all the rules to screw themselves and tell everyone that she is both Yuki and Uchiha, and whoever had an objection would make closer acquaintance with her fist. 

If things were that damn easy, she could just tell the rules to screw themselves, possibly there was a chance soon to do just that, tell the rules to screw themselves and say that she was both regardless of what others, or politics for that matter, thought of it. 
With that in mind, and something in her stomach she was now awake and made her way to the Hokage office, perhaps she could hang out with Tsukiko for a while, Itachi and Shisui were up to their ears in clan responsibility. For once not jumping around but taking her time, she walked through the streets. The buildings were destroyed, people ran around and were cleaning up running around with stones and, sadly, still transporting off the dead and injured through the streets on bars. Some stopped at seeing her, whispering, making space and sneaking glances at her that made her uncomfortable. She stopped at seeing the still towering vestiges of the Ice, now, in daylight, they seemed so much bigger than before, and it seemed unreal knowing that this was all made by her. 

"Miss Yuki?", she heard a voice behind her and turned around, knowing she was meant but feeling like a stranger. "I am sorry, but I would like to request if you could lift that up, there are no other Shinobi around to help here in the civilian zones." he said, and she saw the wall that was lying in the middle of the street and nodded. 

"Sure.", she answered and made a few hand signs, putting her hands on the floor she had three pillars of ice rising and the piece of wall lifted from the floor. "Where too?", she said, and the male pointed at the side of the street, nodding she funneled Chakra into her strained muscles, her Chakra shortly flickering up inside her and startling her a bit, but it was gone rather quickly. She carried off the piece, putting it down on the side. 
From there on everything became a blur, she carried off debris and big stones, here and there also bodies of people who had gotten into the crossfire, one was of a Shinobi she had seen before, his body completely smashed a garbled bloody unrecognizable mess, and she almost vomited at the sight, god she hated the war. She hated this. 

It was almost midday, and she walked on and stood in front of the Hokage building a lot later than she intended, entering she saw people running around carrying papers, others screaming in command tone and in the middle stood Tsukiko on top of a chair, signing of random things on her clipboard and barking commands with her hand waving around while narrowing her eyes at who seemed not to be moving around at appropriate speed. Behind her, Shikaku-san was doing the same while signing stuff at equally blazing speed while scolding his poor assistant. 

Gene almost pitied them, but then she saw Tsukikos still in education Minions, pale faced with bags under their eyes buried under mountains of paper with their hands moving each a pen at blazing speed. 
"Are you finished with those papers?" she hissed at the two former Anbu. 

"Not yet, Miss Hatake." one of the poor guys answered in a high, panicked tone. 

"Then see to it!", she shouted and growled at the next best poor victim. "The emergency funds are not going to assign themselves by doing nothing you slackly useless papers shovers, move it, move it, move it, show me you deserve the title of a third rate Shinobi!" 

Every man and woman in the room flinched at her tone as they picket up speed again. 

"Hello Tsukiko." Gene greeted, "Is there any way I can help?", she asked, and Tsukiko smiled at her. 

"Genevieve, nice to see you, are you in need of work, I need someone to help with the cleaning, wait....MINION..."she screamed on top of her lungs and another person appeared next to her. "The eastern Catacombs, maps for her.", she said, and the Minion bowed before vanishing and reappeared next to her shoving a map into her hands before vanishing again. 

"This is almost Jutsu worthy.", she said, and watched how Tsukiko barked at another poor victim of her bad temper. Gene took her map and made a few hand signs, it was time to make an escape. 

"Genevieve!", Tsukiko shouted off her lungs again, and Gene stilled where she waited.

29