II Chapter 38 – Discovery (II)
687 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

People and body parts were floating around in tanks underneath green, flickering neon lights. There were red pipes, dusty tables made of stainless steel, despite the equipment being visibly new, it was dusty and seemed to have rested there untouched for a while now, the piercing anticlimactic smell of Formaldehyde and disinfection spray tingling in her nose,  the noises made by the surrounding machines appeared to come right of a steampunk movie with their hummus and clacks, but they were familiar, even in appearance. This was Hospital equipment, and it was more advanced than what they had at Konoha Hospital. 

She picked up a piece of paper recognizing the writing on it as something she knew from a biological science lesson, looking through the papers she saw blood type analysis, genetic codes drawn out, together with gene tags and descriptions of organs, chakra points and even more. One of them was on the topic of biochemistry, the combining of metal fibers with blood and flesh, the other on the effects of certain genetic markers on the human body and even an analysis of allergic reactions to forgain materials in bodies was written down. 

Someone tried to do something, but God knows what they wanted to pull off, this chicken scrawl looked like a medical study combined with sealing arts this much was sure, but whose and why? She doubted that without the Kyuubi attack no one would ever have found this place, and she was certain whatever they had done was not legal. 

"Hey, we found the survivor!" Someone shouted from the back, from a bit further into the lab.

She hurried through the Tanks, ignoring the gruesome sight of body the misshapen and not so misshapen Human figures with black markings on them, painting startling bizarre sights. Stopping in front of one of the tanks, she barely recognized him until she saw his face.

"Sei...Seiyu!" She muttered, shocked by the sight, Seiyu was floating, there were black snakes like markings on his body.

Funneling Chakra into her arm,  she punched through the glass and her hand went right through it. With an uncommon fury, she ripped it apart, the water spilling to her feet, the glass cutting into her thinly gloved hands as she checked him over. 

Nothing attached. 

She took Seiyu out of the tank and searched for his pulse for reassurement. It was faint, extremely faint, she had to put her hand on his chest to feel it. She breathed a sign of relief at feeling it and looked at her friend. 

"Seiyu." She muttered and was relieved to still hear him breath as she hugged him. 

"There are even more survivors over here!" a Shinobi shouted and while holding Seiyu's limp body in her arms she walked towards where the Male had called from. Stopping in her tracks as she saw the 'Survivors' and a few children were huddled away in a corner, they screamed and flinched as soon as they saw the Konoha Shinobi headband on them while trying to get away faster. 

It was a shocking sight. "Inform Tsukiko and Shikaku-san." She muttered to a Shinobi next to her. "This requires a word from them at the highest post, we need to figure out who did this, if they don't wish to speak with you, tell them Gene send you, okay." 

So I can tear apart the ones responsible for this...for good.

Looking at Seiyu she whistled for the next medic hushing by and handed the limp but living body over with a death glare." Take good care of him." She hissed. The Medic gulped at seeing the burning blue and a quick glance to her clan allegiance, and he vanished hastily with a new patient in his arms. Looking back at her with a strange expression of mixed feelings. 

Gene turned around and looked at the children and the tall Shinobi that tried to get closer to them. 

This will be going nowhere, the Kids are simply afraid. 

One of them had his eyes widely ripped open, a strange glitter in them, staring at the headbands in defiance, trying to shield the others who observed it in horror. 

The Konoha Headband, he is afraid, the others too, it must have been a Konoha Shinobi to do these things. Then the adults will only make things worse like this, but I am a child...

With a sign, she untied the headband she wore around her neck and put it away into her sleeve pocket. Hiding it before walking towards them. 

Kneeling down, she approached them slowly with a smile. "Hello, I am Gene, nice to meet you." She said, and stretched out her uninjured gloved hand. 

The children stared at her and one of them opened its mouth making unrecognizable sounds. She almost erupted when seeing he had no tongue. But the children did not attack her as she got closer, oh so slowly. One of the girls, a braver one, robbed in front of the tongueless one holding out her one remaining arm in front of them before observing her with wordless caution.

Looking at the others, she pointed on their headbands. "Put them away, they make the kids nervous." She told them and  slowly with hesitation the first followed her request. They took off the headbands and had them vanish in pockets and in their Kunai storages. 

30